GTP iRacing Events

• Thread starter Kevin01SH
  • 147 comments
United States
Atlanta, GA
Kevin01SH
Might be a good idea to start a thread about this, im sure most people here are interested in doing some kind of GTP event so we can all race together and get to know eachother better on the track. Id like to see some sort of weekly or bi-weekly race with the members on this site. After all we're all GT5 crossovers and im sure the competition will be close. Maybe we could vote on car/track combo's and work out some in house events regularly?

Ok, can I start by inviting everyone to a race at Spa Francorchamps with featuring the MX5 and Solstice?

Jav
Ok, can I start by inviting everyone to a race at Spa Francorchamps with featuring the MX5 and Solstice?

Sounds intriguing, ill need to buy Spa. Good mix of straights and tight turns so you would think the MX5 and Solstice would be close, ill choose the Solstice for this one.

They ussually are pretty close! The Sol is just more demanding and harder to drive fast.

Are we using the GTPFIA league that Jav setup awhile ago or is this for anyone who wants to organize an event?

We could do that, or just an open server, use a password if needed. Any of those 2 should work fine!

I was thinking about this the other day, definitely in, although I can only run weekends..

Also, maybe a time around 5/6PM GMT that should be accessable for both the Americans and us Brits/Europeans? :D

Last edited:
I know we tried 2 or 3 times now and it's the same old thing. Fifty people in the forums all say what a great idea this is, then come race day 8 people show up. By the third race there is 4 people :)

Jav organized a great league and look what happened. I will join again, let's just hope the people who join this time will actually show up.

left888
I know we tried 2 or 3 times now and it's the same old thing. Fifty people in the forums all say what a great idea this is, then come race day 8 people show up. By the third race there is 4 people :)

Jav organized a great league and look what happened. I will join again, let's just hope the people who join this time will actually show up.

Seems to me like it's just more fun races rather than a serious league or anything like that.

I just don't understand that statement. When is racing fun? When you race one race and have no idea on how the people beside you act on the track so you have to go super careful or a big crash might happen. Or is it more fun to race in a league where people get to know how each other react to different things and you can go flat out because you trust the other guys not to do stupid moves..

I would much more likely like the last one even if I can't win it because someone dominate. I will get to know the guys with my pace and it could be intense racing every week.

Don't get me wrong, I will most likely run in any GTP events just for the fun of it. But I guess it will be just as a pickup race. Where I don't know how anyone drive around me.

Basically, it doesn't matter if you show up or not, nothing counts and we can all just have a good time racing.. your first point kind of contradicts your last one by the way.

Forgive me if I am getting ahead of myself but how about this...

We make a proper league for GTP members only, lets say 10 races over 20 weeks or something.

Everyone can join as long as you are a GTP member, but we make it a proper league in terms of racecraft rules, and points adding up to a championship etc etc.

I could personally make race videos with commentary too which would be a nice personal touch I think.

I have no idea how much a league costs on iRacing, never looked into it before but I would put some money into it.

Edit: Like this, but friendlier (and maybe not in F1 cars :lol:) as in we let any GTP member in:

We kind of already tried that.. :P

Well surely it's worth a try again? I think the iRacing community has grown since then, and if everyone put a bit of money into the league... even if we only had 12 people join that would be ok. It's worth trying to get interest for.

I'm all for the league thing again. Erik makes a good point about getting to know who you are racing against. Last season in the Grand AM series was great fun, but there was always someone that showed up for only 1 or 2 races for the whole season and it seemed like it was him that caused the crashes.

In my view league racing is much funner, as long as people will show up.

Seems to me like it's just more fun races rather than a serious league or anything like that.

Yeah this is more of what i had in mind. It would be cool to try a league again, but as we saw it didnt work too well last time and that was only a few months ago. If we do it for fun and plan a race every so often it would give everyone a chance to get to know eachother on the track better. Id really like to set up an endurance event if it were possible.

Hi guys I would be up for this but I'm in London GMT so not sure if I will be able to race at the same time

What we could do is some sort of GTPlanet World Cup mirroring major real life race events that we can replicate using iRacing content!
Just an example:

-Daytona 24
-Sebring 12hr
-Daytona 500
-Indy 500
-Coca Cola 600?
-Bristol
-Charlote
-Taladega 500?
-Sonoma NASCAR
-Watkins Glen NASCAR
-British GP
-Brazilian GP
-Belgian GP
-Japanese GP
-VIR 600
-Watkins Glen 6hr
-Road America 6hr
-Barber GA

You get my point right?
All would be at an Euro friendly time. What do you guys think of that?

^Good idea. Makes up for that terrible world tour schedule.. :lol:

Lol! Yup! That way we'd have something like 1 or 2 events a month. Of-course we would be doing hal distance racing or less for some of the longer events.

Do you still have to buy the cars that you aren't driving but are racing against in private servers?

Great ideas! I was thinking of opening a thread to let us all know when someone's hosting a race, this is perfect!

I think the real life race replication is a awesome idea! Something we could do quite well I think!

Do you still have to buy the cars that you aren't driving but are racing against in private servers?

Nope, you will need to download them though so you can see the cars on track. I'm pretty sure it will prompt you to install the missing cars at no charge if it comes up.

Sounds like a great idea guys 👍 I'm certainly interested.

Latest Posts

Back