GTP iRacing Events

• Thread starter Kevin01SH
  • 147 comments
:L

Spoke to Jordan, he has agreed that it would be a great idea for GTP to have it's own official series. :)

Jordan is a big fan of iRacing. We've raced together a few times in the Stang and he really likes the service.

Spoke to Jordan, he has agreed that it would be a great idea for GTP to have it's own official series. :)

Any ideas on cars? I should've been more detailed, I'm not saying its a bad thing at all! I'm very excited for the world tour, the events, and now the official series!

2d9eluf.jpg

Going to be as accessible to all as possible.

Anyone looking for a BTCC with Honda & (depending on specs) Kia series?

I will consider running that in the off-time between the other GTP iRacing events. :) I will try to never conflict with anything Jav & Dax are running.

Spoke to Jordan, he has agreed that it would be a great idea for GTP to have it's own official series.

He should race in it. :dopey: As far as I know he has an iRacing account.

Would make it for some tense racing. Any racing incidents with Jordan = GTP ban, maybe? Would have us all on edge. :P

I just scheduled to host a practice race on this Thursday night before the Roar. I'm really excited about being able to compete in this race on Friday as my schedule never lets me enter races on the weekend.

So...let's have a practice race to get familiar with the cars in race trim to see how they handle for the full 60 minutes! The room opens at 8:00 and will have a 40 minute practice, 20 minute qualifier, and of course a 60 minute race. The race will start at 9:00, just like the real race on Friday.

The hosted session is called: Roar before the Roar
The password to get in is: clean-racing-only

I've reserved the spot for 43 cars so there should be plenty of spots. If you have some friends that may want to join us and are good, clean drivers give them the name and password to join.

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

PS: This is my first time hosting a race, so go easy on me if I goofed up on the room specs. :)

Last edited:
MrMelancholy15
Anyone looking for a BTCC with Honda & (depending on specs) Kia series?

I will consider running that in the off-time between the other GTP iRacing events. :) I will try to never conflict with anything Jav & Dax are running.

Hell yea i am! Are both cars out now? I can't find info on them

I'll try to make the practice tomorrow. I ran the Mustang Challenge at Daytona last night and finished 2nd in the 2nd split. Was on pace to pass the leader on the last lap, but had a bobble coming out of the bus stop and finished 0.6 back. I need to find some more time, though. My fastest lap was 2:07.2 and the leaders in the first split were running low 2:05's.

Anyone have a good setup for the Mustang at Daytona? I think I bumped up the rear ARB, but the rest is baseline. And is the race long enough to have to pit? I've yet to run in a race that required pitting.

I don't think they'll be pitting, but that is why I'm interested in tomorrow night.

I've been down in the mid 2:05's but am looking to squeak into the high 4's before the race (maybe a bit optimistic, but what are goals for right?). I'll share my setup with you tomorrow night. It's generic and pretty much what I use everywhere. It probably needs some tuning love. :)

A setup doesn't really make that big of a difference in the Mustang though right? In my experiences with various setups (and a few others who run the Mustang Challenge) I could run around the same time with most setups. I run a generic baseline setup with a few changes to the ARB and brake balance.

I think you are right Mac, which is why I run the same setup everywhere. If I can get competitive without tuning I'm happy, i'm not a huge fan of tuning.

Are you going to make the race in the Mustang?

Oh.. so I'm just slow. :D

I really just need to put in some more time at Daytona. I had only ran 1 practice session there before last night's race. I had watched a guy in practice running 1:05's and he seemed to be braking very late and was still able to throw the car into the turn well. I assumed his setup must've been better than baseline because I couldn't replicate it in my car.

Daytona is kind of a funny beast. All the corners lure you in to think you can brake later, when they are a bit tighter than they seem. Traditional 'quick' driving in the Mustang tends to be slow in fast out. I kept having to remind myself to back up my braking zones the other night too.

I'll be on tonight trying to make a decision of what car to use, then tomorrow night I'll go for the full race distance in the practice race. Come join us tomorrow night, speed comes from practice. :)

I'm getting psyched for Friday night. 43 cars is going to be nutty!

PS: here is a link of me racing the Spec Miata (in ITA trim) at Daytona last September. I got her down to a low 2:23 which I was happy with. It was my personal best and not bad for a turd SM with less than 110 at the wheels. http://youtu.be/BGRDW0-y8no

I just scheduled to host a practice race on this Thursday night before the Roar. I'm really excited about being able to compete in this race on Friday as my schedule never lets me enter races on the weekend.

So...let's have a practice race to get familiar with the cars in race trim to see how they handle for the full 60 minutes! The room opens at 8:00 and will have a 40 minute practice, 20 minute qualifier, and of course a 60 minute race. The race will start at 9:00, just like the real race on Friday.

I've reserved the spot for 43 cars so there should be plenty of spots. If you have some friends that may want to join us and are good, clean drivers give them the name and password to join.

PS: This is my first time hosting a race, so go easy on me if I goofed up on the room specs. :)
I'll definitely be there!! Still undecided on car and still haven't turned a practice lap

What car/track? What timezone? Been reading through the thread but seems like everybody is throwing out their ideas for car/track combo so I couldn't determine for sure.

Jav, glad to have you join us!

Coxis, my hosted session is a one time deal. It's tomorrow night 1/17 at 8:00 eastern. The race starts at 9:00 eastern. The cars and track will be the Mustang, Jetta, and MX-5 Cup at Daytona Road.

The goal is to practice for the big Roar race on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Come on out!

Coxis, my hosted session is a one time deal. It's tomorrow night 1/17 at 8:00 eastern. The race starts at 9:00 eastern. The cars and track will be the Mustang, Jetta, and MX-5 Cup at Daytona Road.

The goal is to practice for the big Roar race on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Come on out!

I'll turn up to this if I can, it would be great to get some practice in before the Before the Roar. :)

Come on out!

Aww, that looks like fun. Unfortunately I don't have Daytona.

I think I'm with you. I love the VW because it's different, I love the MX-5 because it's sharp and has great brakes, but there is nothing like being the fastest of the three.

Mustang for me too! :)

Latest Posts

Back