GTP Karting: General Series Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 377 comments
Hi AJ , i know iam late too join up , so iff u should have an ekstra opening somehow i would like too take part in this karting fun ......iff there isnt any spots too take , i would like too whish you all a good and fun series , karting is fun fun :cheers:

Hi AJ , i know iam late too join up , so iff u should have an ekstra opening somehow i would like too take part in this karting fun ......iff there isnt any spots too take , i would like too whish you all a good and fun series , karting is fun fun :cheers:
We Meet Again :)

Maybe I missed it, but is the points system the same for the pre season and regular season? Just trying to make sense of the full season entry list. Any explanation from anyone would be greatly appreciated. 👍

Well the preseason races were great fun and I'd like to give props to @AJ for the outstanding job he has done in organizing the event. As for a personal stand point I can say that I could have done better, however looking at the current driver rankings I can see that some if not all of the drivers that I am grouped with are deffinately people who have given or will give some very exiting races to not only watch but to race in. I look forward to racing with you guys and good luck!

is there anyone who can guide me in the direction off who i should ask iff there should be room for a late interest in joining the kart series ?

AJ
To confirm;

- All drivers attend all rounds of the championship.
- Each class has up to 4 Heats, each suiting a different time zone.
- Drivers have been allocated a Heat # based on their registration form.
- Drivers must attend that particular Heat.
- Please see the Calendar & Schedules for more details.

So if I'm reading that correctly:
  • I compete in only 1 race during each round.
  • If I do well enough in that race, I'll qualify for that round's final.
Am I understanding that right?

i think i noted a mistake on the Calendar, all races look like a Saturday NOT Sunday as i just checked my phone and saw the mistake, no issues on that day

I'm curious for the tsukuba race, will we run the chicane or just the regular track? It's fun but there's a heck of a bump on the racing line that really affects the faster karts.

I can't find any lobby settings in the documentation, does anybody have a breakdown of the Race Settings in particular?

I'm looking to create a Club Event in order to recreate the environment I'll be racing in when practising.

I just bought the Shifter 125 Kart and have one slight problem. Since i didnt change oil or bought anything for the Kart i dunno why i have wrong power in the technical regulations it says KZ1 - 125 Shifter, 582 PP / 47 BHP, mine has 582 PP but has 49 BHP, where's the problem? :confused:

It's possible that you overhauled the kart's engine.

You'll need to buy another kart.
I bought a new one in the dealership and headed directly to the track, i did nothing in between.. Therefore i ask.
Overhaul gets me to 590PP and 51 BHP

I noticed same thing and I sent PM message to AJ.
I just bought the Shifter 125 Kart and have one slight problem. Since i didnt change oil or bought anything for the Kart i dunno why i have wrong power in the technical regulations it says KZ1 - 125 Shifter, 582 PP / 47 BHP, mine has 582 PP but has 49 BHP, where's the problem? :confused:

54.6xx i think i don't remember exactly
I just did a few laps, was running 55.6-55.9 consistently. Low 54's is what I run with 590 pp, so if that time was done in a 582 kart, that's really fast. 👍

Last edited:

I'm quite sure it is caused By the difference between "bhp" and "hp" (or "ps" in german or "cv" in italian)... That was the same issue that i had in the pre season race, same PP but different power due to different units

(Since there's a lot of confusion, does some one know if bhp means british horse power or brake horse power? In the first case 1 bhp is equal to 1,014 cv, in the second case you have also to consider all the losses through drivetrain and similar)

Back