GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 475 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
2002.5 Mazda Protege5 (323 Familia or Sport20 for you overseas folks), Mazdaspeed springs, struts, and cams. Great little car. I can carry tons of crap, gets good gas milage, and it handles like a frickin slot car.

Haha, my second car was an auto 2.3 8v. What a piece. It handled decently, at least, a DTM-derived chassis and RWD did make it somewhat fun. I blew up the motor, though....

Geeky1
Now the question is what *kind* of 190E...
Another question.

What do you have to do to a Mondeo to get 418bhp? I would guess it needs more than "tweaked"...

More pics of the WRX!

I defenitely need mudflaps if I'm gonna do this rally thing...

100_0809.jpg

One "problem" with such a nice looking car is that you've gotta wash it all the time, otherwise you feel guilty about letting it get dirty! Cleans up nice, though.

100_0814.jpg

Here's the interior, it's in awesome condition!

100_0810.jpg

100_0812.jpg

And, finally, under the hood.

100_0815.jpg

Bastard. I hate you. Done a 0-60 in that thing yet? It's not an STi, though, so I'm not too jealous!

I haven't had a chance to do 0-60 yet in it. LA traffic makes such things hard.

I was on the freeway in the middle of the night the other day, though, and this modded GTi blows past me. I'm doing 80. I downshift, step on it, and in like 7 seconds I'm doing 125. Scared the living crap out of me. I don't think I'm gonna try that again.

a6m5
My brother has a WRX. Nice car. 👍 Very fast and great handling. :)

????? Stock WRX's handle like crap. Too much suspension travel 'cause of the rally derived suspension (great for offroad though). The springs and sawybars are too soft too. A good friend of mine has an '02 WRX and he constanly complains about how poorly it corners. I'ce been on road rallies with local car clubs where my 130hp Mazda Protege5 smokes WRX's 'cause it's a really tight route where the WRX's never really hit boost. On the other hand, all it takes is a nice set of springs and swaybars to make a WRX handle really nice.

Just the Hotchkis springs on mine, and the rear STB, make it handle great. Aside from the understeer inherent in the platform, this car handles as well as my 240 did, and the 240's suspension was fully built. I'm going to be getting some good sways, hopefully, though.

Takumi Fujiwara
Just the Hotchkis springs on mine, and the rear STB, make it handle great. Aside from the understeer inherent in the platform, this car handles as well as my 240 did, and the 240's suspension was fully built. I'm going to be getting some good sways, hopefully, though.

Yeah I know the springs are the weakest link on stock WRX's. The stock ones are too soft and have too much travel. Really makes it difficult for the car to properly transfer weight. As for understeer, that pretty much just the result of AWD, most AWD cars have a bit of understeer. Although from what I hear, swaybars will make a world of difference on WRX's.

I just bought a 2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES. My step father works as a sales manager at a local Ford dealer so I got an awsome deal. Comfortable, good radio, decent accelleration (even with the air conditioning at max), handles real good, good gas mileage, and most importantly it's a new car...something I've not experieced yet. I'm not ricing it, ZERO performance upgrades will be done, only thing being done is better speakers and adding a Sub.

Now I may save up some cash and buy a cheap Nissan next year just to fiddle with.

punkrkr27
????? Stock WRX's handle like crap. Too much suspension travel 'cause of the rally derived suspension (great for offroad though). The springs and sawybars are too soft too. A good friend of mine has an '02 WRX and he constanly complains about how poorly it corners. I'ce been on road rallies with local car clubs where my 130hp Mazda Protege5 smokes WRX's 'cause it's a really tight route where the WRX's never really hit boost. On the other hand, all it takes is a nice set of springs and swaybars to make a WRX handle really nice.
I didn't drive it hard enough to test the suspension travel. Stiff springs does not necessarily equal great handling or better cornering, vice versa. I totally disagree with the "stock" WRX handling like crap. What type of cars are you used to driving? Perhaps, you are comparing WRX to high performance sports cars?

I have heard about the handling of Protege 5 before. This guy I know used to drive BMWs drove Protege 5 for a while. He told me, he liked its' handling even more than his previous BMWs'.

When my big bro gets his new Honda Civic Type-R will it be ok to post the photos up in this topic.

FWIW - I've got a 2001 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro - with the sports suspension so it's bout 4 inches off the ground (including 17" wheels instead of the stock 15") - Manual 5-speed - Black exterior w/Tan leather interior.

I dig it.

I just bought my first car 2 days ago- a 1988 pug 205gti 1.9 , - the car ive wanted ever since i started to drive. thought id treat myself to it after driving my mums '90 corolla wagon 👍 for 2 years . bought the pug for NZ$800 which is a bargain. perfect condition except for the fact it has a blown head gasket 👎 so i havnt been able to drive it yet....

1990 Nissan 240SX... it's getting old, dying to turn it into a drift car.
Still fun though... (hasn't been rat-bagged)

Previously I had a 82 Celica GTS (now that car was fun)

The other present vehicle is a Taurus wagon, (yes, you can laugh...)
Couldn't fit the monkeys into the 240.

Also owned a 69 Bug (souped-up).
Also had a 67 Mustang (bad mistake selling that...) Life got in the way of that one.

Back