GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Carbonox
Shouldn't you just rename this thread correctly "NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 - Akmuq wins the championship!!!" or something, and start a new thread for S5 discussion? :dopey:

No one likes Akmuq so its fine :sly:

Shouldn't you just rename this thread correctly "NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 - Akmuq wins the championship!!!" or something, and start a new thread for S5 discussion? :dopey:

I agree with this 👍

Typically, the thread was used for discussion until the new season had started. Also, who is running the series? It has to be hard to start a thread if no one is in charge.

As best I can tell, there is still no schedule or car regulations set in stone. You don't want to spend the first few pages of a new thread discussing those things, as it tends to confuse potential new drivers.

As best I can tell, there is still no schedule or car regulations set in stone. You don't want to spend the first few pages of a new thread discussing those things, as it tends to confuse potential new drivers.

Okay.

I already made my point clear to RPH and Kartman, and will say it again: Please don't try recruiting me in either SC or NW. I have already said I don't want to be involved again after literally being a living punching bag for the entirety of S4.

Maybe I would already have signed up to a team if I had at least been given the chance to race with the lead pack at Indy. :rolleyes:

Well, I wouldn't say friend...

Plus we never properly raced him, so nobody has any idea how quick he was.

Haha stirring up drama already :crazy:

MÜLE_9242;8023059
Can't say I'm liking the Fast wear too much. The fuel use is just insane.

I liked the sports mediums with the fast tire wear. Makes for a bit more realistic handling and introduces tire management. Mitch and I were testing at Motegi with this combo last night and you really had to hustle the car if you abused the tires too much. And the fuel got low just about as the tires ran out. More pit stops will make for better racing too, IMO.

Haha stirring up drama already :crazy:

Just telling it how it is haha, we're not in the same series anyhow. Haven't seen you around here in ages, didn't you stick to drifting for a long time or something along those lines?

I started the Formula D drifting competitions, yes. But I still do a lot of online racing, just haven't been doing any serious leagues.

Unlimited, but can only score team points for first 3 races.

Unless anyone opposes and suggests anything radically different.

MÜLE_9242;8028206
Unlimited, but can only score team points for first 3 races.

Unless anyone opposes and suggests anything radically different.

Sounds fair. 👍

Tom.
Seriously Furi, was that really neccessary? :lol:

You'll be at 40,000 posts within a year, guarenteed!

The next post he does it's gonna be his 19000th.. When I first saw him post (back when I joined TOCA in S5 he was around 13000-14000 posts. :lol:

OK, here is the schedule I had done a little bit of playing with, trying to see how we could fall in line with IRL schedule.

It's a couple of races longer than current, but I like it. Lots of variance pre-chase. First set of dates is our schedule, comparison against IRL dates:

Feb 16...Bud Shootout..........Feb 17...Daytona 500...Qualifying
Feb 23...Daytona 500...........Feb 24...Daytona 500....Exact Match
Mar 02...Break.....................Mar 03...Phoenix..........No Relevance
Mar 09...Motegi 200..............Mar 10...Las Vegas.......1.5m Tracks
Mar 16...Motegi East.............Mar 17...Bristol.............Short Tracks
Mar 23...Indy 150.................Mar 24...Auto Club........2m+ Tracks
Mar 30...Break.....................Mar 31...Break.............Break
Apr 06...Suz E 135km............Apr 07...Martinsville......Short Tracks
Apr 13...Motegi 300..............Apr 13...Texas.............1.5m Tracks
Apr 20...All Star Weekend......Apr 21..Kansas............No Relevance
Apr 27...Monza or Spa 175k...Apr 27...Richmond...No Relevance
May 04..SSRX 333...............May 05..Talladega...Long Tracks
May 11..Motegi 150.............May 11.. Darlington..Shape of Oval
May 18..Break.....................May 19..Break........Break
May 25..HSR 135.................May 26..Charlotte...1.5m Tracks
Jun 01...Daytona.................Jun 02...Dover........Oval
Jun 08...Indy 400.................Jun 09...Pocono......2.5m Tracks
Jun 29...Motegi..................Jun 29...Kentucky
Jul 06....Daytona................Jul 06....Daytona
Jul 13....Indy.....................Jul 14....New Hampshire

Chase not so important for order, but those are the races we should have. Gives a good spread of short course, road, and other Ovals

OK, here is the schedule I had done a little bit of playing with, trying to see how we could fall in line with IRL schedule.

It's a couple of races longer than current, but I like it. Lots of variance pre-chase. First set of dates is our schedule, comparison against IRL dates:

Feb 16...Bud Shootout..........Feb 17...Daytona 500...Qualifying
Feb 23...Daytona 500...........Feb 24...Daytona 500....Exact Match
Mar 02...Break.....................Mar 03...Phoenix..........No Relevance
Mar 09...Motegi 200..............Mar 10...Las Vegas.......1.5m Tracks
Mar 16...Motegi East.............Mar 17...Bristol.............Short Tracks
Mar 23...Indy 150.................Mar 24...Auto Club........2m+ Tracks
Mar 30...Break.....................Mar 31...Break.............Break
Apr 06...Suz E 135km............Apr 07...Martinsville......Short Tracks
Apr 13...Motegi 300..............Apr 13...Texas.............1.5m Tracks
Apr 20...All Star Weekend......Apr 21..Kansas............No Relevance
Apr 27...Monza or Spa 175k...Apr 27...Richmond...No Relevance
May 04..SSRX 333...............May 05..Talladega...Long Tracks
May 11..Motegi 150.............May 11.. Darlington..Shape of Oval
May 18..Break.....................May 19..Break........Break
May 25..HSR 135.................May 26..Charlotte...1.5m Tracks
Jun 01...Daytona.................Jun 02...Dover........Oval
Jun 08...Indy 400.................Jun 09...Pocono......2.5m Tracks
Jun 29...Motegi..................Jun 29...Kentucky
Jul 06....Daytona................Jul 06....Daytona
Jul 13....Indy.....................Jul 14....New Hampshire

Chase not so important for order, but those are the races we should have. Gives a good spread of short course, road, and other Ovals

Damn, I was hoping for a shorter season so I could get racing next season ASAP after my exams. Still, that's a pretty awesome schedule, Motegi East would be great for NASCAR.

Whoah, that is a long season. Just a little bit worried about a few NW related comments, it's still happening isn't it boys?

Appreciate the SC calender has only just been posted but when are we likely to hear about NW? Pretty please with sugar on top!

Whoah, that is a long season. Just a little bit worried about a few NW related comments, it's still happening isn't it boys?

Appreciate the SC calender has only just been posted but when are we likely to hear about NW? Pretty please with sugar on top!

Yeah, it's just a starting point and appreciate its long. Never expecting it to get through tbh.

As for NW (and SC), not quite sure where we are at right now tbh. It's going to take someone to take it by the scruff of the neck.

PS nice avatar ... The person who took it must be a legend!

Understood fella.

I have staff who handle menial tasks when I'm meeting with Knights of the realm!:D

that calender :drool:. I'm with Tom with the exam problem though :(. Most start around mid-late may, so there will be some people missing out :(

Kind of need to see what Mule and Red (and potentially Niop) say about it. It's only two more races than usual but seems long due to breaks and non champ races.

LONGER schedule? We need shorter. Thats one thing that puts people off I think - such a long series they can't commit fully to.

Latest Posts

Back