GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Gokart, you need to tell us your teammates, Furi as well, and MULE needs to find his teammates. I'll make the damn thread if I have to.

Do it.

Knock a few races off the schedule and voila, we can start the season.

How does this sound:
From the current schedule, cut two of the SSRX races, move HSR to the chase, and replace Monza with Apricot Hill.

Sounds good to me, you could drop a single Motegi or Daytona if you wanted to shorten it further.

Feb 16...Bud Shootout..........Feb 17...Daytona 500...Qualifying
Feb 23...Daytona 500...........Feb 24...Daytona 500....Exact Match
Mar 02...Break.....................Mar 03...Phoenix..........No Relevance
Mar 09...Motegi 200..............Mar 10...Las Vegas.......1.5m Tracks
Mar 16...Motegi East.............Mar 17...Bristol.............Short Tracks
Mar 23...Indy 150.................Mar 24...Auto Club........2m+ Tracks
Mar 30...Break.....................Mar 31...Break.............Break
Apr 06...Suz E 135km............Apr 07...Martinsville......Short Tracks
Apr 13...Motegi 300..............Apr 13...Texas.............1.5m Tracks
Apr 20...All Star Weekend......Apr 21..Kansas............No Relevance
Apr 27...Monza/Spa/Apricot 175k...Apr 27...Richmond...No Relevance
May 04..SSRX 333...............May 05..Talladega...Long Tracks
May 11..Motegi 150.............May 11.. Darlington..Shape of Oval
May 18..Break.....................May 19..Break........Break
May 25..HSR 135.................May 26..Charlotte...1.5m Tracks
Jun 01...Daytona.................Jun 02...Dover........Oval
Jun 08...Indy 400.................Jun 09...Pocono......2.5m Tracks
________________________________________ ___________
CHASE
Jun 15...SSRX....................Jun 16...Michigan
Jun 22...Daytona HSR................Jun 23...Sonoma
Jun 29...Motegi..................Jun 29...Kentucky
Jul 06....Daytona ................Jul 06....Daytona
Jul 13....Indy.....................Jul 14....New Hampshire

Just deleted 5 weeks off the schedule. Also cut the All-star races because they aren't really popular.

Also Gokartman has signed GTP Viggen and GTP Muggen to SGR,
Furi has LancerEvo and someone else.
MULE hasn't been on for a while.

Last edited:
I still don't have a third driver, and to be honest, I'm really not sure about committing myself for 6 months. I'd much prefer a shorter season.

Plus, I know it's tradition but is a break really necessary after the first race of the season?

GKM signed Viggen? Well that's probably the one team you want to be far far away from :lol: let ne guess, they're in team lag? :)

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona International Speedway (50 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona International Speedway (200 laps) - Triple Crown race 1
02: FedEx 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps)**
03: Red Bull 175km @ Apricot Hill (?) - (?? laps)
04: Southern 300 @ Motegi Superspeedway (200 laps)** - Triple Crown race 2
05: Lowes 150 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (60 Laps)
06: Office Depot 135km @ Suzuka East (60 laps)

GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona International Speedway
(40-lap NW qualifier, 40-lap Open Cup qualifier, 30-lap Main Event, 10-lap Finale)

07: Coca Cola 300 @ SS Route X (16 laps) - **
08: Best Buy 125 @ High Speed Ring (50 Laps)
09: Home Depot 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (100 laps)**
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (160 Laps) - Triple Crown race 3

ZPqel.png

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------
11: Amp Energy 250 @ Daytona International Speedway (100 laps)
12: Toyota 200 @ Motegi Superspeedway (134 laps)**
13: Coke Zero 225 @ SS Route X (12 laps)**
14: Ford EcoBoost 200 @ Daytona International Speedway (80 Laps)
15: Target 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 Laps)

**DLC Track

Here is a proposed schedule as a starting point for discussion.

Monza in week 3 can be replaced by Apricot Hill, if it becomes available. If Apricot Hill is not yet available, move HSR in to week 3 from week 8, and hope Apricot Hill is available by week 8 to run in place of HSR. If Apricot Hill is not available by week 8, have an emergency replacement race planned in advance, so everyone knows what the backup track is, and can practice ahead of time accordingly.

If you want to run one less race, cut the SSRX race out of week 2. This also means one less race at SSRX, which should make most people somewhat happier.

The Coca Cola 600 has been cut in half to become the Coca Cola 300, as running 32 consecutive laps at SSRX is simply sadistic torture. If you want even less monotony, I liked the idea someone had of running twin 150-mile races (8 laps each) back-to-back, and counting them both as individual races, run for full points, with both race wins counting toward the Chase.

Add weeks off or breaks as needed, or not.

With no breaks, and SSRX from week 2 removed, you're looking at 16 total races, or a little under 4 months from beginning to end.

1. Why is everyone ignoring LVRacerGT?

2. I need to know tbh, we all need to know.

3. Sorry all these long schedules... really? The numbers are down, we can't even fill teams, we don't have a host and we want a massive schedule? We need a shorter one, the long schedule keeps drivers away. My schedule btw, which seemed to be ignored:

8 regular events, maybe 4/5 events for chase.

My schedule I would have:

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona International Speedway (50 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona International Speedway (200 laps) - Grand Slam race
02: FedEx 150 @ SS Route X
03: Lowes 150 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (60 Laps)
04: Southern 300 @ Motegi Superspeedway (200 laps) Grand Slam race
NC: GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona International Speedway (20-lap NW qualifier, 30-lap Open Cup qualifier, 40-lap Main Event, 10-lap Finale)
05: Office Depot 100km @ Suzuka East (45 laps)
06: Coca Cola 600km @ SS Route X (20 laps) Grand Slam race
07: Best Buy 100 @ High Speed Ring (40 Laps)
08: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (160 Laps) - Grand Slam race

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

09: Amp Energy 250 @ Daytona International Speedway (100 laps)
10: Toyota 200 @ Motegi Superspeedway (134 laps)
11: Allstate 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 laps)
12: Ford EcoBoost 200 @ Daytona International Speedway (80 Laps)
13: Target 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 Laps)

Can we have a road course in the chase? I would like one as it leaves the competition open for those who suck at ovals (me) lol. Obviously it shouldn't be a road course championship, but they are in NASCAR in real life, and they aren't influential at all on the chase, but on GT5 we have so few ovals we need some variety

There are 2 road course races held in a 36-race NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule, with none present in the final 10-race Chase. That means that 5.5% of the schedule is held on a road course.

We currently run 3 road course races in a 15-race schedule (20%), which might even be reduced to a 14-race schedule (21.4%). That's nearly 4 times more road-course oriented than the real Sprint Cup.

If all else fails, use the bonus points won from winning the road course races to increase your starting point total for the Chase.

To be honest, since simply getting this season underway is proving problematic, I agree with Furi's 8/5 regular/chase split (not necessarily the tracks though). Maybe return to more races the following season when everything's a little more concrete.

1. Why is everyone ignoring LVRacerGT?

Couldn't tell you. Was the same way at the IndyCar series and thread I helped create. No one wants to seem to listen when I try and make things better/more realistic.

Buuuut here's my two cents anyway. Get rid of SSRX. It's boring as 🤬 and doesn't provide quality racing. There's nothing exciting about who can time the draft the best at the end. As for road courses. There's a limited amount of ovals to select from. I would agree with all ovals for the chase but mix it up.

Who honestly cares about IRL? That argument goes away as soon as you remember that we run 500 horsepower on every track.

In fact, if we're going to shorten the schedule (which I am 100% for), we may as well do away with the chase entirely and keep it at 10 races max.

Agree with Mule, I don't care about real life either :P And as far as road courses go, I don't think would should pick 🤬 tracks like HSR and SuzE just because their similar to ovals, pick ones we can actually have fun on :)

Agree with Mule, I don't care about real life either :P And as far as road courses go, I don't think would should pick 🤬 tracks like HSR and SuzE just because their similar to ovals, pick ones we can actually have fun on :)

HSR is tons of fun, SuzE is as much as an oval as Fuji is.

HSR is tons of fun, SuzE is as much as an oval as Fuji is.

HSR is a horrible track, it's just a difficult oval(with right hand turns :crazy:), not a road course. And SuzE is pretty much a small oval, but instead of a back straight it has a few sweeping corners.

I can always host a road course only series if the demand is high enough. I've thought about it before, just never gotten around to it.

Back