GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
LONGER schedule? We need shorter. Thats one thing that puts people off I think - such a long series they can't commit fully to.

really? I quite like the feeling that even if someone was to have a bad round they could still pull it back and get in the chase

I prefer these NASCAR series having long schedules for pretty much the reason Sam pointed out, I was just saying that I wish this particular season was shorter so I could hop back into full time racing in S6 in the summer. Obviously I'm not expecting that to happen, just saying I don't have anything against long schedules 👍

Also when I mean Apricot hill, I mean assuming it's put in the game before we reach the date on the schedule. I think there is no chance we are doing Monza. I don't really mind SPA but it's not much of a NASCAR track. Maybe Sarthe no chic or some variation of Cape Ring. So for the schedule, it'd be like
Apr 27...Monza or Spa/Apricot Hill 175k...Apr 27...Richmond...No Relevance

A longer schedule would be better than a shorter one. Shorter schedules make it so that if you have a few bad runs, your season can be over. A longer schedule allows for drivers to make comebacks if they had trouble early in the season (as Sam pointed out).

A longer schedule would be better than a shorter one. Shorter schedules make it so that if you have a few bad runs, your season can be over. A longer schedule allows for drivers to make comebacks if they had trouble early in the season (as Sam pointed out).

True, and IRL NASCAR is an enduro test.

If that's what the actual schedule is... I know as a fact I won't be part of it. Sure, real life NASCAR has a long season, but guess what, that's a huge complaint among REAL LIFE fans.

What's wrong with the long schedule? It's just a race once a week that lasts 45mins-2hours. There are also 3 off-weeks in the schedule. Would you guys prefer that those 3-off weeks be taken out to shorten the schedule?

I like a long schedule so I can miss races. Therefore I can balance life vs. video games. I race for fun, not to win. But I also agree with the more opportunities statements others have made too.

Ok, how about that schedule, inc Apricot Hill if it's in, with one dropped race AND one 2/3 points race allowed pre chase?

I think it makes for an exciting season.

Wayyyy too long. Last season was lo g enough. I tried to shorten it as much as possible with mine.

Well I have my team, posted a schedule that got mainly good vibes, tried to form a hosting group with others ... Unsuccessfully, and tried contacting my team ... With no replies.

Can't say I haven't tried to get things in order.

Kind of fed up and bored with it all so if there's no movement in the next week, I'm done.

Well I tried to set a group of myself, red and mule so we could get things going properly. But as usual red didn't like my idea, and mile just plain ignored me, so ... Dunno in answer to your question.

Somebody needs to step up and take responsibility here else nothing is going to happen; it's better than fumbling around with multiple people trying to organise the same series. If you can make a thread, have time on your hands and have a good internet connection, do us all a favour and take this over.

Knelly, I responded. You better pick up your dummy.
We were racing during the close season and no-one said we shouldn't because it didn't correlate with NASCAR IRL. Your schedule looks good, a few minor tweaks and it should be good to go. Too many visits to motegi IMHO. The racing worked last season and no fuel/tyre reg changes are really necessary are they? If it ain't broke....
I just want SC to be sorted because I want NW to happen.
Too many cooks. No typo.

Gokart, you need to tell us your teammates, Furi as well, and MULE needs to find his teammates. I'll make the damn thread if I have to.

This waiting time for the new thread could be symbolized with a guy who has recently drank a lot of Pepsi and is just waiting for a huge burb.

You should become a writer

I am, I'm already writing my first novel called "Downfall". It's about Alex Coates, whose name is always pronounced Co-eight-s by his annoying classmates. Eventually he becomes so frustrated with England that he decides to stop studying and do something more useful for a living, so he ditches England and heads to USA to become a NASCAR driver. Unfortunately the American culture gets the better of him, and a once athletic and sexy football player becomes an overweight guy burbing every 5 seconds and driving around in circles.

I am, I'm already writing my first novel called "Downfall". It's about Alex Coates, whose name is always pronounced Co-eight-s by his annoying classmates. Eventually he becomes so frustrated with England that he decides to stop studying and do something more useful for a living, so he ditches England and heads to USA to become a NASCAR driver. Unfortunately the American culture gets the better of him, and a once athletic and sexy football player becomes an overweight guy burbing every 5 seconds and driving around in circles.

...in the parking lot of a McDonald's.

This is without any shadow of a doubt, the greatest thing I have ever read, LMAO! :lol:

Well I was one of Furi's drivers, but there's no way I'm doing a 6 month schedule. I would try to take control, but a lot of people would probably leave with how short the schedule would be and the regs changes. Mitch and I have been racing the ovals (Motegi, Indy, Daytona) with 571hp and comfort soft and having a BLAST. Cars feel so much more realistic and actually slide around, tire management becomes and issue etc.

Well I was one of Furi's drivers, but there's no way I'm doing a 6 month schedule. I would try to take control, but a lot of people would probably leave with how short the schedule would be and the regs changes. Mitch and I have been racing the ovals (Motegi, Indy, Daytona) with 571hp and comfort soft and having a BLAST. Cars feel so much more realistic and actually slide around, tire management becomes and issue etc.

That takes a real driver...
I won't be there for a 6 month run. 👎

Back