GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
Where to next? Nitrocide still isn't open, there are React events unrun, we still haven't touched G-effect, and SP is ready to begin.

BTW, I'm not selling the 240. I find S-chassis generally overrated in most games, but I do like the car here.

Oh.

I'm waiting for someone else, since I'll admit: I always pick the Viper whenever I reach this part of the game, even when I know the R34 is the better choice, mainly because of the price tag.

React- Autobahnring results (240, Z, Supra, Skyline): Dominated in 4
Autobahnring A Challenge: 1st (1:09.86/2:01.99) Record Smashed <Supra
Autobahnring B Speedrun: 1st (1:35.39/2:25.94) Record Broken <Skyline
Course A Drift: 1st (3774 points) Record Broken
2 lap Autobahn GP Grip: 1st (3:11.80/4:02.25) Record Broken
3 lap A-54 Express Grip Class: 1st (2:06.71/2:48.52) Record Broken
3 lap A-54 Interloop Shootout: 1st (2033 points)

Bonus Cards: Stage 1 Tires (Z) & Stage 2 Drivetrain (R34)

With that impromptu test, I'm inclined to keep the Supra and change the Skyline. Also, I hate the Autobahnring. Also, why won't the 240 go over 153 mph?

New events open: Tokyo Dockyard II (3 Grip, 1 Drag, 2 Drift)

Which do you prefer as Speed drive wise, Supra or R34?

Edit, I'm blind. So probably make the R34 Grip then.

Last edited:
Allow me to state I don't abandon 🤬 anything. Quitting is an option, but to abandon something and let it wither to death is unfair. I'd much rather give it either the ax-to-the-face ending when this occurs, see the GTPAS forum game attempt, or the you-want-it-🤬-take-it sudden handoff, see the Cool Wall. This...is getting neither. My PS3 hasn't been plugged in since before Christmas, but with an outside influence done and closed I can relax and try not to get burnt out again. I tried playing an old game to unwind with, but learned I actually can't play the game anymore on easy mode. From there moods and the holidays led me in other directions, but mark these words- Before I start any other major project, RYO WILL WEEP!

@DaBomm4 I guess no one objects so the R34 will become the grip car.

Got a question, which event has the free car marker?
As DaBomm said, they are random. I don't think they are always an option either though, the only times I recall getting them were at special events like Challenge events. That said, I've only ever earned a few.

What's the next event?

Last edited:
SP- Infineon results (R34, Z, GTO, 240): Dominated in 3
1/4 mile Drag: 1st (7.19/11.09) RECORD SMASHED
Course A Drift: 1st (4179 points) Record Broken
2-lap GP Circuit Grip Class: 1st (2:38.84/3:13.06) Record Broken
3-lap Long Circuit Shootout: 🤬 It! Game is giving me the finger now.

Reward cards: Stage 4 Drivetrain (R34) & Stage 3 Suspension (240)

I had the drift course for one run, then could not replicate it to save my life. No idea why, but this is what I feared coming into this playthrough. Also, Infineon is iffy at best.

New Events Open: SP- Chicago Airfield (3 Grip, 2 Drift, 1 Drag); Mondello Park (2 Grip, 2 Drift)

Next.

SP- Mondello Park Results (R34, Z, 240): Dominated in 3
Course B Drift: 1st (4910 points) Record Broken
Course C Drift: 1st (6300 points) Record Shattered
2-lap GP Circuit Grip Class: 1st (3:17.80/3:59.51) <240> Record Broken
*3-lap Short Circuit A Time Attack: 2nd (51.62/1:05.68) <240> /\/\ 1st (50.42/1:03.02) <R34> Record Broken

Reward Cards: Stage 3 Engine (Z) & Stage 3 Engine (R34)

Perhaps it was rust at Infineon? Or maybe Mondello is just more amateur-friendly. In either case, the R34 doesn't handle ATM...as in at all. It wants to drift like the Z, slow corners are awful, and faster corners simply aren't because the car doesn't change direction. Totaled the R34 once.

New Events Open: SP- Ebisu (2 Grip, 3 Speed, and a groan from me.)

SP- Mondello Park Results (R34, Z, 240): Dominated in 3
Course B Drift: 1st (4910 points) Record Broken
Course C Drift: 1st (6300 points) Record Shattered
2-lap GP Circuit Grip Class: 1st (3:17.80/3:59.51) <240> Record Broken
*3-lap Short Circuit A Time Attack: 2nd (51.62/1:05.68) <240> /\/\ 1st (50.42/1:03.02) <R34> Record Broken

Reward Cards: Stage 3 Engine (Z) & Stage 3 Engine (R34)

Perhaps it was rust at Infineon? Or maybe Mondello is just more amateur-friendly. In either case, the R34 doesn't handle ATM...as in at all. It wants to drift like the Z, slow corners are awful, and faster corners simply aren't because the car doesn't change direction. Totaled the R34 once.

New Events Open: SP- Ebisu (2 Grip, 3 Speed, and a groan from me.)

How we are on money and free upgrades for the cars? Also, what events are free and what is left for Super Promotion?

How we are on money and free upgrades for the cars? Also, what events are free and what is left for Super Promotion?

OP is up-to-date:

a bit over $350k, Not sure I understand on the upgrades, 3 react 4 SP rouge speed g-effect and noise bomb, Tokyo Willow Springs Chicago and Ebisu.

I'd say add Stage 3 Suspension and Tires to the R34 to even out the power and handling, then go for either SP Chicago or Ebisu.

Bought stage 3 suspension (Intrax) and tires (Michelin). CoH: $316,660

SP-Chicago results (R34, GTO, Z, 240): Dominated in
1/2 Mile Drag: 1st (11.33/15.59) Record Broken
Course A Drift: 1st (3438 points)
Course C Drift: 1st (5770 points) Record Broken
3-lap North Field Grip: 1st (2:50.04/3:27.96) Record Broken
3-lap Center Field Loop Grip Class: 1st () Record Broken
3-lap Airfield Long Shootout: 1st (3018 points) Record Broken

Reward cards: Repair Marker & Stage 2 Tires (240)

I do not recall ever running Drift A here. It's also a dumb course and the best way to win is to cheese it. Course C I like much more. Totalled the R34 TWICE! The car sucks! It's so bad, I'm gonna try adding an aftermarket wing and hope that it fixes the damned thing. Maybe it's because both events I've run it at are technical tracks, because the 240 has done fine where the R34 goes from no turning to donuts in 50 feet. Wins in it aren't without a fight, repairing the car between events is useless.

No new events.

I went a bit mad and bought spoilers for everything.

SP-Ebisu results (R34, Supra, 240): Done in 3
2-lap West Course Grip (Game Lies Here): 1st (1:53.45/Tired) Record Broken
3-lap South Course Time Attack: 1st (30.35/42.13) Record Broken
Fukushima A Challenge: 1st (1:46.21/2:54.71) Record Smashed
Fukushima B Speed Run: 1st (1:59.08/2:49.75) Record Broken <getting angry>
Fukushima C Speed Run: 🤬 you, I'm :censored:ing done!

Reward Cards: Stage 3 Brakes (R34) & Repair Marker

THE Z IS STILL MORE RESPONSIVE THAN THE R34!!! WHAT AM I MISSING!?!!? Maybe the brakes will help a hair, but this is pathetic. On speed stuff at this difficulty you have to get ahead asap. Totaled three time.

Getting tired of your BS, Prostreet. This floaty crap is about to get you destroyed...in reality.

New Events available: SP- Nevada Highway (2 Grip, 1 Drag, 1 Drift, 3 speed), Infineon II (3 Grip, 2 Drift, 1 Drag)

Nitrocide is now open- Autobahnring (6 Speed)

4 SP wins to Showdown: Autobahnring

Thinking of maybe swapping the Supra and R34. what's it gonna hurt, neither have been that solid.

SP- Nevada Highway results (ALL):
1/2 mile Drag: 1st (11.58/16.78) Record Shattered
Course C Drift: 1st (3133 points)
3-lap Tornado Grip Class: 1st (3:39.60/4:34.48) Record Broken
3-lap Dakota Shootout: 1st (3389 points)
Nevada Highway A Speed Run: 3rd
Nevada Highway B Challenge: 1st (Record)
Nevada Highway C Speed Run: NO!

Reward Cards: Stage 2 Tires (GTO) & Repair Marker

Again, don't recall this drift course. Supra failed.....Is it me? Couldn't use the R34, Supra acts like it has an tanker anchor attatched to it, so it must be me....but the 240...This camera shake is BS!!!!!!

GIVE ME A GOOD REASON NOT TO KILL THIS ******* GAME! THIS IS BULL****!

what is even going on... get your crap together ProStreet.
In the last three events, probably 13 totalings. The R34 would not handle in a technical track at all, it would rather drift, then on the speed runs in Nevada it would slide for 200+ feet supposedly locked down, It decided that it should do a nose grind with a somersault over the crest even though there is a spoiler on the car and it was in the wind the rear end of the car didn't touch the ground again until the car had totaled and skidded almost to the ******* checkpoint!

The supra didn't do much better in Ebisu, effectively the same problems with some additional lateral sliding for no damn reason, a refresher in that if YOU hit a totaled car you will automatically get flagged as well but if they tag you, you become the ******* football, then on track it did turns better but was left in the dust of less powerful cars, some by over 100 HP less, and it can handle straight lines better but only slightly!

The drifting is ******* bull**** and it always has been, there's -100% reason why hitting a berm with a bumper behind the tires, or infront of the car, should flip it like it's ******* drunk off it's ***!

The Drag racing is trying to piss me off, but the lanes changing usually reverses that ****,

But the biggest middle finger is THE GOD AWFUL, BULL****, RUBBER ******* BAND A.I. FROM HELL!!!!! I'D FORGOTTEN WHERE I'D SEEN THE **** 'THE RUN' PULLED BEFORE, BUT I SURE AS **** REMEMBER NOW!

The ONLY solace is that the 240 is still holding it's own.

I played ProStreet for a good amount of time on the 360. The R34 as a Grip car is sadly a bad idea. I'd advise the Evo X or a Ford GT (but the cost to rebuild a car or purchase a new one will be high).

Speed class is difficult as the cars are very sketchy on a good day. I use a Murcielago for Nevada but again, it's expensive.

Quick question: what vehicles do you have in your garage currently?

Back