GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
First go and managed a 2:23.916 in the F50 tuned again by m'Lord @RPM Bibblefish which for now puts me 2nd in our little leaderbaord, and 4th hardcore. Loads more time to be made though.

As for the first points Leaderboard...

Week 3 - Forza Touring Cars - Brands Hatch, Rain Race

1. 250pts RPM Bibblefish - #13 Volva S60 - 1:36.627

2. 200pts FastBud - #67 Audi S3 - 1:36.719

3. 175pts VICGT1970 - #4 Chevy Cruze - 1:37.202

4. 150pts itrfred2 - #2 Honda Civic - 1:37.961

5. 125pts nEx1983 - #4 Chevy Cruze - 1:39.474

6. 100pts AlienDeathRay15 - #13 Volvo S60 - 1:40.125

7. 90pts RM Tricky Nixon - #4 Chevy Cruze - 1:40.361

8. 80pts IamVALHALLA - #13 Volvo S60 - 1:41.148

9. 70pts WhiteSwordTower - #5 BMW 125i - 1:41.163

10. 60pts RokkitShipp - #1 Volvo S60 - 1:42.958

Fred - Off topic, but how do you like Burnout Paradise reborn? I seem to recall owning the original, playing it a lot, but then something else came out and I never played it again. I just want to know if its worth buying.

It's pretty fun, no doubt about it, but it's perhaps more repetitive than I seemed to remember. It's priced decently so I'd say it's worth it.

-

Fairly confident the F50 will be the car to beat this week, it's consistently the fastest car in that division. I'd ideally avoid the F40, the power delivery in that car is not suited to the tight, bumpy and twisty nature of Rio.

Week 3 - Forza Touring Cars - Brands Hatch, Rain Race

1. 250pts RPM Bibblefish - #13 Volva S60 - 1:36.627

2. 200pts FastBud - #67 Audi S3 - 1:36.719

3. 175pts VICGT1970 - #4 Chevy Cruze - 1:37.202

4. 150pts itrfred2 - #2 Honda Civic - 1:37.961

5. 125pts nEx1983 - #4 Chevy Cruze - 1:39.474

6. 100pts AlienDeathRay15 - #13 Volvo S60 - 1:40.125

7. 90pts RM Tricky Nixon - #4 Chevy Cruze - 1:40.361

8. 80pts IamVALHALLA - #13 Volvo S60 - 1:41.148

9. 70pts WhiteSwordTower - #5 BMW 125i - 1:41.163

10. 60pts RokkitShipp - #1 Volvo S60 - 1:42.958
Epic lap from @RPM Bibblefish got close but no cigar :D

Fairly confident the F50 will be the car to beat this week

It was the first car I picked, never realised it was "the one" until I saw the Leaderboards after.
Still gonna try a few other cars although I think I have a few more seconds in me with the F50 :sly:

My Ferraris are running well, from a 2:26 something in the TR to a 2:23.4xx in the F50. I could run 2:25’s in the F40 all day. No TCS needed in the F50, power goes down smooth; the TR is more nervous overall, but manageable. What I love simulation wise is how clearly the track based models standout from the street models.
Oh and I tried the 959... It may be the fastest turtle in the world, but it just doesn’t cut it here :lol:

If there's one good thing about Rio, it's that the F50 (and other V12 cars) sounds pretty epic when you drive through the tunnel.

So... I just set a time of 2:21.000 exactly, elevating me to 1st in hardcore, and 1st in our leaderboard - and if nobody else wants to have a go this week I really don't mind at all :sly: :lol:

So... I just set a time of 2:21.000 exactly, elevating me to 1st in hardcore, and 1st in our leaderboard - and if nobody else wants to have a go this week I really don't mind at all :sly: :lol:

It's on... By the way, I'm not much of an illustrator, but I decided to create a tasteful tramp stamp... I mean logo! just a fun logo for the group. If you like it, you can search in layers as GTP rivals, or by my GT: WhiteSwordTower :gtpflag:

I just got to figure out how to make the front end cope with those damned bumps (too soft and it feels like it's floating around and not responding, too stiff and it just bottoms out, I need to find the balance) and it's on. :lol:

I have that problem too - the fairly slow left-right just as you come on to the steep downhill section towards the end is pretty tricky. I find myself spinning wheels like crazy as the rear has to do all the work. I've lost so much time there.

I have that problem too - the fairly slow left-right just as you come on to the steep downhill section towards the end is pretty tricky. I find myself spinning wheels like crazy as the rear has to do all the work. I've lost so much time there.
Also that spot going uphill as you're going towards the statue of Jesus on the Mountain, it's not as bad as the downhill one, but if you get it wrong you either tap the wall or lose a couple tenths of a second.

It's all in good spirits of course, a bit of banter never hurt anyone, right?

Considering the track we're at and how much I loathe it, I'm just happy I'm actually competitive/fast this week. Well, around these circles anyway. :lol:

It is indeed.
To be fair this is the first time (since I started this rivals mode) that I've posted genuinely competitive times, which is strange since Rio is also a track I don't like and have actively avoided until now.

Like a weirdo I am trying my hardest to avoid the F50, so I built a 959. Got it down to a 2:21.9xx, but I don't think there's much left in it. Who knows. Maybe I'll break down and try the F50.

Ugh, I am starting to hate this course. I leave so much time out on the track every lap and can't seem to put it all together and come up with a competitive time. I just beat my best time in the Ferrari F50 with RPM Bibblefish's (thanks) tune 2:25.296. I used the BMW M1 with a really nice feel and came up with a 2:24.518, I think it is a solid alternative to the Ferrari's. I am going to quit experimenting around with the other cars and just concentrate on bettering my times just using the F40, F50, and the M1.

Like a weirdo I am trying my hardest to avoid the F50, so I built a 959. Got it down to a 2:21.9xx, but I don't think there's much left in it. Who knows. Maybe I'll break down and try the F50.

Nothing weird about that. However, the F50 is way, way, way faster than anything else on this track. The F40 isn't bad, as is the M1, still seconds off the F50 though.

Well, first I tried the 512TR. I was curious what it could do, and it didn't disappoint. It ran a 2:20.3xx, but that lap was riddled with derps. I definitely had a hard time with understeer ( I generally make my own tunes,) but there's more in that car for sure.

But then I tried the F40. I think I have a 2:18.7xx or some such; only five-tenths of a second off of Fred's time in the F50. Regardless, that car does not suffer from turbo lag at all it seems. Color me impressed.

I'm impressed that you did under 2:22.xxx in the Porsche 959. That car handled, (for me at least) like a greased up hockey puck. I was all over the track, and I was lucky to not only get a clean lap, but get under 2:29.xxx. I think it's just the way those Porsches are balanced, from the back end. Not my cup o tea. Again, I think the cars for this are the F40, F50, and BMW M1, you can throw in the 512 TR too, but I found that car on this track wasn't a good match for me personally. Perhaps a different tune.

I'm impressed that you did under 2:22.xxx in the Porsche 959. That car handled, (for me at least) like a greased up hockey puck. I was all over the track, and I was lucky to not only get a clean lap, but get under 2:29.xxx. I think it's just the way those Porsches are balanced, from the back end. Not my cup o tea. Again, I think the cars for this are the F40, F50, and BMW M1, you can throw in the 512 TR too, but I found that car on this track wasn't a good match for me personally. Perhaps a different tune.

I've found that many 4WD Porsches benefit from a conversion to RWD. I was getting only 2:28.XXX and feeling the car very stiff, but with RWD and other changes I got it to a more respectable 2:24.7xx, and more importantly, now is way more enjoyable.

Back