GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,240 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO. Thanks, but we know that isn't quite true. ;)

Question, as I have modded the Miata I had planned on using, what HP should we end up with, with all the correct mods?

Around 134-138 after the motor breaks-in I believe...
 
Member: mpowersii
PSN: mpowersii
Region: Northeast
Equipment: Lame controller
Body: Maytag White
Wheel: Silver BBS
 
Around 134-138 after the motor breaks-in I believe...


OK, thank you. Might just mod the '89, anyway.

BTW, looking forward to racing you in the academy! We are both West members. Are you planning on getting wheel? You are super quick with the controller. However, if you get to Orlando, it could be interesting for you to get used to the wheel on the fly. I am STILL not sure if I am as quick with the wheel as I was with the controller.
 
BTW, looking forward to racing you in the academy! We are both West members. Are you planning on getting wheel? You are super quick with the controller. However, if you get to Orlando, it could be interesting for you to get used to the wheel on the fly. I am STILL not sure if I am as quick with the wheel as I was with the controller.

Just bought another DFGT after I had to sell my last one. (unemployment sucks) Rig setup isn't that great, but I plan on building something cheap and easy before GT Academy starts. I used a wheel during the TT demo as well. Couldn't better my Sixaxis times with it, but got pretty close. So I'm just about as quick either way. Of course GT5's physics are better IMO than the TT demo, so we'll see. I can probably make the top 128 in the West, after that who knows.
 
Member: Paggydaggy
PSN: GTP_PaggyDaggy
Region: Copenhagen Denmark (PAL)
Equipment: DS3
Body: Light Grey
Wheel: Dark Black
 
QUESTION:

Stage 1 clutch is allowed, what about Flywheel? Keep stock?

Can't wait to start lapping tomorrow afternoon. Good luck to all!
 
I am ready to get my arse kicked....lol...hopefully I can learn some better techniques from this...
 
R1600Turbo, yould you provide us with an update of the 32nd spot's qualifying time if possible?
 
@ JDM GT5- I'm not sure how this series is going to be run, but usually a replay of the full lap is needed to make sure it is a clean lap.
 
QUESTION:

Stage 1 clutch is allowed, what about Flywheel? Keep stock?

Can't wait to start lapping tomorrow afternoon. Good luck to all!

Stock flywheel, per SCCA rule book. 👍

@ JDM GT5- I'm not sure how this series is going to be run, but usually a replay of the full lap is needed to make sure it is a clean lap.

I am at least requiring a photo of the screen showing the time, but if you can provide a video, by all means do. :)
 
Stock flywheel, per SCCA rule book. 👍



I am at least requiring a photo of the screen showing the time, but if you can provide a video, by all means do. :)

I can provide a video but don't think a photo is enough for a qualifier. You have no means of examining the settings a person used to achieve said time. With a video we can data log to see if illegal parts were used or if driver aids had any play in the lap time.

I know it's tough to go out and watch all these videos but I will volunteer myself to view some videos if it gets too much for you.
 
I can provide a video but don't think a photo is enough for a qualifier. You have no means of examining the settings a person used to achieve said time. With a video we can data log to see if illegal parts were used or if driver aids had any play in the lap time.

I know it's tough to go out and watch all these videos but I will volunteer myself to view some videos if it gets too much for you.
I'm all for legality, but i for one cant do video, as it is i have to take a photo on my phone, then send it to facebook then put it on here.
 
Would it be too much trouble to have everyone export their qualifying replay to their XMB, copy it to a USB drive, and send it to my email through their computer?

Edit: also, WAY too many white cars guys. Let's mix it up!
 
Would it be too much trouble to have everyone export their qualifying replay to their XMB, copy it to a USB drive, and send it to my email through their computer?

Edit: also, WAY too many white cars guys. Let's mix it up!

im not tech savie. how do you do that.
 
to be able to upload a REPLAY file, and not a full fledge video through a camera you have to do your hot laps in a practice session through practice mode. NOT ONLINE.

You save the ghost of your fastest replay then proceed in to the replay theater and export the data to the saved data utility.

After that you exit GT5 and in the XMB you go to saved data utility to locate the newly made gt5 replay data and upload that file in to your usb. Then you upload it on to here and viola. We upload your data in to our ps3 and we can view it. I can make a more detailed step by step write up later if anyone needs further clarification.
 
to be able to upload a REPLAY file, and not a full fledge video through a camera you have to do your hot laps in a practice session through practice mode. NOT ONLINE.

You save the ghost of your fastest replay then proceed in to the replay theater and export the data to the saved data utility.

After that you exit GT5 and in the XMB you go to saved data utility to locate the newly made gt5 replay data and upload that file in to your usb. Then you upload it on to here and viola. We upload your data in to our ps3 and we can view it. I can make a more detailed step by step write up later if anyone needs further clarification.

That would be awesome. :dopey:👍
 
Made a room

GTPlanet Spec Miata
1472-6399-8408-2428-4187
 
That would be awesome. :dopey:👍

In all honesty, that's pretty much the process without numbers associated to the steps and exact phrases associated with each step. I'll get on it after I get some practice going.

PS.

My miata has gone up to 136hp/113ft-lb from break in. Maybe more will come?
 
In all honesty, that's pretty much the process without numbers associated to the steps and exact phrases associated with each step. I'll get on it after I get some practice going.

PS.

My miata has gone up to 136hp/113ft-lb from break in. Maybe more will come?

That's all fine, no big deal. :)

To everyone: I updated the qualifying rules, please check first post. 👍
 
I'd like to get in.. I'll have to figure out a color combination after I get home from work.

Actually in the process of building a track rat Miata in real life too. :)
 
Just had a practice session with Wardez on FUJI SPEEDWAY GT(not F). I see the track as being an intense track for the series because of how wide the course is. That combined with the long straights and low powered miatas "should" result in an interesting race.

I've also noticed that the drafting in free run mode is almost NON-EXISTENT compared to when the race is actually started. It's possible for a miata to be overtaken and then overtaken by the same car in the back straight with cars requiring an upshift in to 5th. The first hairpin would be a nice braking challenge for those two cars as well.
 
Hey sorry for the delay Coconut.

Just opened a room 1472 6118 3615 5261 9898
 
I think enzo and wardez were in the room. Glad to hear you've got a keyboard going! I'm heading to the gym and studying for finals so I might not be on tonight.
 
Just for clarification, the lap is invalidated if the car comes off the track in a way thats deemed as an advantage. i know it dosent help the need for a video but its a solid bet.
 
Just for clarification, the lap is invalidated if the car comes off the track in a way thats deemed as an advantage. i know it dosent help the need for a video but its a solid bet.

How the hell are you guys getting 1.42 times???? i can barely scratch 1.44!!!
 
I like the idea of uploading replays for reg. purposes. I'll be sure to get mine uploaded when I submit.
 
Yep. I'm with Turbo. Mid 43's on SECA and have zero interest of pursuing faster times at the moment. LOL. Just don't have the will power any more so I'm looking at other tracks to race on. That's why I was at FUJI today
 
Yep. I'm with Turbo. Mid 43's on SECA and have zero interest of pursuing faster times at the moment. LOL. Just don't have the will power any more so I'm looking at other tracks to race on. That's why I was at FUJI today

But what camber/suspension settings were you running to get those times????? I mean, i dont consider my self that bad of a driver and im just getting frustrated.

Im looking over the telemetry as i speak, i seem to be loosing speed and time during the _ ____ part and the final turn, hell im loosing time everywhere.
\_____/
 
This was made before I gave a quick read to the tuning section of the APEX book that came with the collectors edition.


Ride height: -15mm front and rear
Compression and extension: both 8f/5r
springs 12.5F/5.8R
sways: 4f/4r

Camber: 1.5f/1r
Toe: 0F/.1R

Brake bias: 5f/7r

The cork screw all the way to the finish is tough. I'll admit that much!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back