GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,240 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers to that then! Let me know if there's any ways I can help. Organizing this stuff is a huge task.

It's not too late. All you have to do is read the first post for qualification rules.
 
Hey guys. Anyone want to get online and drive shoot me a message through here or PSN. I'm on right now just playing in practice mode.
 
can I put a wing on my Miata?
 
Thanks Filphil. I have basic understanding. I did add a bit of rake, and soforth. Shocks are what get me. LOL. I presume we are all to use the spring settings that Turbo listed. That would be part of the issue. If the car had more power, the spring rates would make more sense. It is close to what I ran on my boosted Miata.

Dang EL! 42.4?! Nice work, man. The first time I pit, I was experimenting. And my theory was right. Even after less then a 1/4 wear, times drop of quite a bit. Put on the fresh tires, and was all over you on your old ones.

I agree on the tires, i can only get 3-4 fast hard laps out of them before i have to change. Regarding times, it's weird, I can do a great time, then i have to leave, come back 30 min or so later after doing somthing else and i can put in a good time.
 
can I put a wing on my Miata?

No. If you don't see a part under the "approved modifications" listing in the first post, it is not allowed.
 
This was made before I gave a quick read to the tuning section of the APEX book that came with the collectors edition.


Ride height: -15mm front and rear
Compression and extension: both 8f/5r
springs 12.5F/5.8R
sways: 4f/4r

Camber: 1.5f/1r
Toe: 0F/.1R

Brake bias: 5f/7r

The cork screw all the way to the finish is tough. I'll admit that much!

I am running this at the moment and still no epic times. Anyother suggestions.
I am improving my driving line as well.
 
I believe the official answer is no. If something is not specifically listed in the mods on the first page then you can not do it.
 
Yo Enzo, let's get in a Laguna room and I'll give you a hand if you want. I'm online in practice mode but can go open a room. My times aren't epic but I'm in the low :43s and laughs has some tricks.
 
Have some camber and toe settings that may help you
 
anyone have any practice rooms up?
 
Hazzy, I gotta run out real quick but will open one at 2:45 est or join you in one you made so just let me know.
 
Hey, I had fun too, thanks for the practice. I just yesterday realized that Autumn Ring was the qualifier track after having another look at the first post, ha ha ha. I tried to do some free run there but my game keeps freezing as a approach the finish line on the first lap, so I tried to do some practicing online. 42.4 is my best after the first session, but I am afraid I might not be able to get any free run in since the game keeps freezing. Anyone else having this problem?

I haven't had a problem doing free run, but I can't view the data logger--ps3 will freeze. I've noticed the screen kind of jump after each lap though.

All I could muster was a 42.5 in free run after 20 laps or so on Autumn Ring. Then I went to Laguna and did a 1'43.0 on lap 3 or 4, this after not hitting the 1'44's in the '91 after many more laps than in the '89.

Nonetheless, thanks for setting the bar high, as usual, El Z!
 
after 23 minutes, this is as good as I can get. I still have plenty of time, and I didn't mess with spring rates or dampers yet. Also debating if I want to use the G27 paddles instead of clutch for those precious hundredths of a second lol I only counted 3 or 4 gear changes from 2nd/3rd anyway. Also have all aids completely off.

Ride Height -4f/-8r
anti-roll bars 2f/1r
camber 1f/2r
toe 0f/.05r

155088_1487835561522_1402947049_31138124_5045270_n.jpg


Once I set up the spring rate and dampers, I should be able to break into the 42's. Hopefully.

edit: after viewing the saved ghost replay, the screen is frozen black with the gray GT5 logo on the bottom right. I don't like this.
 
Last edited:
Sorry if this was addressed earlier, but how are aids being handled? Haven't had to a chance to do much qualifying yet but I figure I better do them correctly anyways.
 
Sorry if this was addressed earlier, but how are aids being handled? Haven't had to a chance to do much qualifying yet but I figure I better do them correctly anyways.

The NA Miata did not come with TC or ABS, so those should be off.
 
I'm allowing ABS for those that want to use it. And yes, the NA Miata did come with ABS as an option, as early as '91 I believe.
 
Alright peeps. I just opened a room. Just chilling here waiting for some people to join.

I'm also curious to test this built in grid ding thing as a way of qualifying tomsee if it actually works correctly.

1472 6399 8365 2931 5877
 
after 23 minutes, this is as good as I can get. I still have plenty of time, and I didn't mess with spring rates or dampers yet. Also debating if I want to use the G27 paddles instead of clutch for those precious hundredths of a second lol I only counted 3 or 4 gear changes from 2nd/3rd anyway. Also have all aids completely off.

On mini reverse? I only shifted to 2nd once the entire track.
 
The NA Miata did not come with TC or ABS, so those should be off.

Thats what I figured. ABS was an option starting '91 but I know NASA's Spec Miata rules require you to disable it.. Unsure about SCCA's though.
 
Thats what I figured. ABS was an option starting '91 but I know NASA's Spec Miata rules require you to disable it.. Unsure about SCCA's though.

According to the SCCA, it has to be "disabled". Still, should we vote on it? I can put up a poll.
 
A question for everyone who has run lots of laps in practice mode AND online... have you noticed that tire wear is different between online and offline? I was turning really good laps online and knew about how much I needed to wear down a fresh set of rubber before I could get maximum grip but I just ran about 15 minutes in practice and didn't see the indicators move at all. I even did a standing burnout against the pit wall for a full minute. All I got was red tires that took a looong time to cool back down to blueish white... but they still didn't have any wear. A 60 second burnout online does take a small bit off the top. What gives here?

Vh5yFFinOqb4BcRQhX_0.jpg
 
Last edited:
I can't wait for this to kick off. My fastest has best 43.7xx right now, hopefully I can get it into the 42s with some tinkering.

What do you guys think the cuttoff is going to be for the 32 racers?
 
A question for everyone who has run lots of laps in practice mode AND online... have you noticed that tire wear is different between online and offline? I was turning really good laps online and knew about how much I needed to wear down a fresh set of rubber before I could get maximum grip but I just ran about 15 minutes in practice and didn't see the indicators move at all. I even did a standing burnout against the pit wall for a full minute. All I got was red tires that took a looong time to cool back down to blueish white... but they still didn't have any wear. A 60 second burnout online does take a small bit off the top. What gives here?

Vh5yFFinOqb4BcRQhX_0.jpg


from what i remember, tire wear is off in practice mode ;)
 
I've learned to cope with it... I'm running pretty good times now but I probably need to run 120 laps or so to break in my engine.

Does my picture not show up? I got it from the My Home Online feature. Here is a LINK... I guess maybe they won't allow posting images to forums so as to save bandwidth, but I wonder if the link works. It opens if I click it but I wonder if that's because it's in my cache...
 
I am running this at the moment and still no epic times. Anyother suggestions.
I am improving my driving line as well.

Zissou posted a video. Watch his lines and how long he's on the throttle for some corners. Notice how he rolls the gas and brakes in to each corner.

After watching his video I can see that I can use the runoff areas of the track without getting an invalid lap time so I can definitely bring my time down to 42's after some laps.
 
So far my best qual time is offically a 45:8xx . This was after 1 session with ZERO tuning so i have some room for improvement. Im thinking the 32nd spot will either be a random person b/c some ppl havnt taken times or it will be at about 44.5xx
 
I'm sure sub 43's will almost guarantee you in to the race as many of you are already familiar "faces" to me. Only a handful have made it under the 43second barrier so that's a guarantee in my opinion. 32 slots to be filled I'd be inclined to say that 44.2xx and under would give you a decent chance to qualify.
 
So far my best qual time is offically a 45:8xx . This was after 1 session with ZERO tuning so i have some room for improvement. Im thinking the 32nd spot will either be a random person b/c some ppl havnt taken times or it will be at about 44.5xx
You're gonna want to cut about 2 seconds off your time to be competitive. I'm betting you're close on that guess for the top 32.
 
Graham - to be competitive and to have fun are two different things. Someone out there will certainly be on a level you can have fun with. It's all friendly competition with nothing really on the line here. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back