GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham - to be competitive and to have fun are two different things. Someone out there will certainly be on a level you can have fun with. It's all friendly competition with nothing really on the line here. 👍
Oh, no doubt. But because it's 32 people and split into two rooms, I'm thinking the fast room will be full of people who have all run 43.9 or less. I guess I should have clarified that. The 2nd 16 I'm sure will all be quite competitive in their times as well.
 
You're gonna want to cut about 2 seconds off your time to be competitive. I'm betting you're close on that guess for the top 32.

Yea. If i can it the high 43's i will be extatic.(excuse my spelling). Im also alot faster on faster tracks like trial mountain so if i get into the 32 i will be fine. If Turbo posts the 32nd ish time it might be useful as a guide for neccesary speed.
 
I'm competitive and quite a sore player. After an hour of not breaking into the 42 second barrier, you don't want to be in the same room as me. I get very upset lol
 
I'm competitive and quite a sore player. After an hour of not breaking into the 42 second barrier, you don't want to be in the same room as me. I get very upset lol

what set up are you using
 
Turbo - Let me change my color to one that's CURRENTLY uncalled for.

Paint - Yellow
Wheels - Bronze TE37's




I think they need some 949racing 6UL's in the game 👍

lol, sorry guys. Miata joke!

I wish they did. I could use some 6ULR wheels to match my S2000 I am building for STR next season! :)
 
I wish they did. I could use some 6ULR wheels to match my S2000 I am building for STR next season! :)

Personally I'm not a fan of the 6ulr's. For an s2k I'd have been running RP-F1's since they run nice and wide in both 17" and 18" configurations.


I don't think turbo should post the 32nd time. We want people putting their all in the competition and putting the 32nd time in order to gauge just doesn't sound right to me. It also provides ability to sandbag your time and submit a nice time last minute.
 
Personally I'm not a fan of the 6ulr's. For an s2k I'd have been running RP-F1's since they run nice and wide in both 17" and 18" configurations.


I don't think turbo should post the 32nd time. We want people putting their all in the competition and putting the 32nd time in order to gauge just doesn't sound right to me. It also provides ability to sandbag your time and submit a nice time last minute.

I like RP-F1s more but the offset doesn't work to fit 255s underneath the car. :(
 
I've only had one time sent to me, but I'm going to ignore it since it's way too early to be sending me times.
 
I have 14" RPF1's as my summer wheels, confused as to why they aren't in GT5. They are the lightest, best wheels on the market. 8.4lbs per wheel.
 
FINALY broke into 43.xxx for the first time! yes, thank you tt997
 
I'd like to join :)

PSN: KECLEON_
Region: USA
Equipment: DS3
Body: Gris Bleu
Wheels: Gold
 
Count me in! Considering I race SM in the real world I suppose I should be all over this!

Member: brodeman
PSN: neiborhoodnag
Region: Vancouver, Canada
Equipment: DS3
Body: Santa Fe Orange
Wheel: Green

My qualifying lap is complete, how do I get you this replay? I loaded the replay to a memory stick and put it into my computer but you cant play the file on a pc. If i send you the folder can you then put it on a ps3 and play it?

Thanks!
 
That's precisely how you do it. Give us the PS3 folder. You basically uploaded the replay data, NOT VIDEO, for the ps3 to play it on our own systems.
 
Spent some time yesterday trying to set a decent qualifying time. I've got a 42.590 saved right now, it will probably end up being the time I submit.

I thought it was going to be easy to pull a mid 42 after one of our online practice races. I led that race and was consistently in the 42's, with a best lap of 42.686 since I had clear track. When I went to set a time in practice mode I couldn't even break into the 42's at all, I'm convinced the physics are slightly different in each mode (see my post in this thread).
 
I agree with you. Which is sort of why I was asking for the replay of the fastest lap to be submitted. This way we KNOW we're all on the same playing field on setting times. Photo's just don't quite cut it.
 
I am at a 42.640 in practice mode and when I went online my car was all over the place and my setup felt completely different! Pissed off now as my setup was a complete waste of time basically.
 
Awesome Enzo! Great to hear it helped you!
 
Awesome Enzo! Great to hear it helped you!

yeah, the first lap SUCKED then i caught on, and i am about to go back for more.
 
online is different, and I find it a lot harder to get consistent times when under pressure of other racers on the track. I like the track to myself lol
 
All right guys. Stating up a room online. Not sure if anyone will join. Autumn Ring Mini for practice. Room name is GTP Spec Miata Room number is: 1472 6118 3830 2745 4631

Hope to see some of you in here!
 
My sis is going to play TRON:Evolution. If she gets off any time soon I'll check the room out.
 
I will stay on as long as I can. I did notice my times are faster online by a couple of tenths though. Car seems to have more grip slightly on here than in practice mode.
 
I setup as "Setup Guide" in www.specmiata.com
-2 camber
0 toe
Sift front bar (6)
Soft rear bar (2)
Spring as spec 12.5 front and 5.8 rear (kgf/mm)
For dampers I choose 6 compression and 4 extension and -10/0 in car height
I drive with 0 ABS and brakes 6/7

I like the feel but can only get 0:44.627. I know I'm slow :)
 
Last edited:
Thanks to the guys I raced with last night. Very close racing in every race. Passing is terribly difficult unless someone makes a big mistake, even then it isn't easy. :)
 
That really depends on the track I think. On Fuji there's a lot of space to overtake during a corner and a lot of run way to draft someone and then overtake.
 
okay, going to try to improve on 42.XXX. Its a saturday, im home alone, what better to do.
 
I need to change the color and year of my car. My original Miata already had weight reduction so it won't qualify, therefore I'll use my '91.

Since I changed my car I'll also change my color to get away from so many white Miata's.

I'm now in a Silver car with Red BBS's.

Thanks and hope to meet you guys on track soon!
 
I'm in. 👍

Member: JoshBMW
PSN: Jahshh
Region: Tennessee (NTSC, GMT-6)
Equipment: DFP
Body: Chameleon Orange
Wheel: Black
 
Hi guys, don't get on here much, but just thought I would lend a little setup help for anyone who's trying to get into the 42.XX's. Im running a G27, everything OFF. Hope this helps a lil bit, the car is very aggressive for me with this setup, and ive been able to run 42.09 online but only 42.32 offline at best.

-15/0 (Ride Height mm)
15.5/5.8 (Spring Rate)
4/4 (Dampers Ext)
4/4 (Dampers Comp)
1/2 (Anti Roll Bars)
-4.5/0 (Camber)
-.2/.1 (Toe)
1/8 (Brake Bias)

*Not running any chassis stiffeners, weight reduction, or the front lip.
 
Hi guys, don't get on here much, but just thought I would lend a little setup help for anyone who's trying to get into the 42.XX's. Im running a G27, everything OFF. Hope this helps a lil bit, the car is very aggressive for me with this setup, and ive been able to run 42.09 online but only 42.32 offline at best.

-15/0 (Ride Height mm)
15.5/5.8 (Spring Rate)
4/4 (Dampers Ext)
4/4 (Dampers Comp)
1/2 (Anti Roll Bars)
-4.5/0 (Camber)
-.2/.1 (Toe)
1/8 (Brake Bias)

*Not running any chassis stiffeners, weight reduction, or the front lip.

If that set-up works for you cool...the only thing I can get it to do aggressively is burn the front tires off. :sly:

Anyone else notice the lap time that is logged in the upper right while running laps is .020-.030 of a second slower that the one that flashes up on the screen right after crossing the s/f line?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back