GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, I changed the color of my white Miata per your request. It is now the kinda sorta Laguna blue. Does have bronze wheels, but I see some one already claimed that combo. Will find another color.
 
Can I make a suggestion? Can we go with official GTPlanet rules?

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

2 wheels on (or vertically in line with (when airborne)) the track at all times
rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
run-off areas are not part of the track
no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
no hybrids
no cheating of any kind
nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
save your ghost replay
 
I already have a round-about version of that listed in the first post. 👍
 
Member: smohr33
PSN: GTP_
Region: USA North East
Equipment: G25
Body: Orange
Wheel: Black
 
Just opened a room for practice at laguna 1472 - 6399 - 9009 - 0913
 
Hey R1600Turbo,

There's been waaay too many orange cars in the practice rooms I've joined, so I changed my colours.

New colours: Taiga Green/Hemi Orange
 
Can I make a suggestion? Can we go with official GTPlanet rules?
Like I said... isn't that basically GT rules anyway? The lap goes red if you don't stay within those guidelines.
 
Can I make a suggestion? Can we go with official GTPlanet rules?

This is what I think, and El Z articulates.
Like I said... isn't that basically GT rules anyway? The lap goes red if you don't stay within those guidelines.

It is not even close. There are several places on this track where one could get 3 wheels, or even all 4 wheels, off the track and the timer would stay white. I brought it up because it happened to me. :dunce:
Move on to other tracks and there are spots where people could majorly cheat.

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be, and a need for, a stickied thread in the GT5 Online Racing subforum with GTP's OLR.
 
Well as far as I know, YES you can get all 4 wheels off the track (for instance, if you understeer to the outside and have to get back on) and it will still stay legit. But the game will red your time if it's determined to be A CUT. So generally, if it's going to be beneficial then it's gonna go red. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And/or do you have specific examples of where one could defy GTP rules on Autumn Mini Reverse beneficially and maintain a white time?

I'm still trying to learn the nuances of this new game. Not doubting you, just seeking knowledge.
 
That's why I am encouraging the use of the replay files. If I deem the lap is not clean, it doesn't count. Simple as that.

Edit: I changed the qualifying rules. A replay save file is now required.
 
Last edited:
Can I possible join i wont have internet untill Dec 27. I already have a 89" miata and it works with the rules.

Add me if I able to join after 12/27.

Member: ADeadSniperMatt
PSN: Montalvomc
Region: USA (FL)
Equipment: DS3/G27(just got it)
Body: Dark Blue
Wheel: White
 
I will add you here shortly adead.

I added a bit to the qualifying replay confirmation part. Once I receive your qualifying replay, view it and confirm that it is ok, I will highlight your name in the list in green so you know you are good to go. 👍
 
Are we allowed to run any tranny mods????
 
"
Any modifications to the engine, differential or the transmission are NOT ALLOWED. They are to remain stock."
 
R1600 you sure have your work cut out for you if all 54 drivers submit their lap to you, holy.. thanks in advance for all the time and effort you put into this
 
Well as far as I know, YES you can get all 4 wheels off the track (for instance, if you understeer to the outside and have to get back on) and it will still stay legit. But the game will red your time if it's determined to be A CUT. So generally, if it's going to be beneficial then it's gonna go red. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Turns 2, 4, 5, and 7 (if my brain serves me correct) can be taken with all 4 wheels leaving the track beneficially and the time will stay white.


And/or do you have specific examples of where one could defy GTP rules on Autumn Mini Reverse beneficially and maintain a white time?
It is impossible. 👍
 
Yes, thinking ahead to Deep Forest would be one where there is the large concrete section on that left hander you can cut (which everyone does online) to gain time.
 
Ill be playing from this weekend on to January a lot so I hope to be active in this series.
 
2 things,

I'm changing the color on my car, went from dark grey to matte red!

and I opened up a room if anyvody wants to come play, 14724710995259016588
 
Member: UPSDeliveryBoy
PSN: UPSDeliveryBoy
Region: USA South East
Equipment: Controller
Body: Dark Sliver
Wheel: Sand Beige
 
Last edited:
That would be yellow and silver. Someone has that color combination.
 
I have now submitted my replay to the email address :)
 
Do you have room for one more Miata owner?

Member: VentureDenny
PSN: GTP_phantom
Region: NTSC... USA Great Lakes, E.S.T.
Equipment: G-25
Colors: Dark green/silver

I would be willing to help verify qualifying laps/times. I think you're going to need help.
 
Last edited:
First post has been updated with new drivers and color changes. :)

Also, when you send me your replay files, make sure they are in a folder. It's easier to download one file than a handful. Thanks.
 
Maybe I missed it somewhere but has the actual race date/time been worked out yet?
 
psn sonic-_-89b
orange colour
black rims
pal
 
Cant seem to get any quicker than 33.7 territory. I'll keep at it but I doubt I'll make an advance on it.

What sort of BHP should our engines be at? Now mines ran it its at 135
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back