GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,252 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a few pictures of the practice, here they are:
5279470018_ec09ec7b95_b.jpg

5279469702_3e6223be6e_b.jpg

5278863805_3acc881292_b.jpg

5278863393_56f0bee6ec_b.jpg

5279468166_065ea2ec2f_b.jpg

5279467540_cd457c0e07_b.jpg

5279466622_c1a4ffab50_b.jpg
 
Getting on in a few, any rooms up?
 
motortrend, those pictures are most triumphant! I'll try to take some pictures too, I saved the replays. It seemed like low 1'00's and high '59 seconds was the normal lap for everyone, although I really started to get the hang of the track with this car and got down to a 59.004 at the end. I'm almost positive some of you guys will be in the low 58's or 57's.
 
59.6 for me. i think i found the setup, just need to get consistent lines.. i avged 5.9-1.00 almost evertytime..
 
motortrend, those pictures are most triumphant! I'll try to take some pictures too, I saved the replays. It seemed like low 1'00's and high '59 seconds was the normal lap for everyone, although I really started to get the hang of the track with this car and got down to a 59.004 at the end. I'm almost positive some of you guys will be in the low 58's or 57's.

Nice pictures indeed! That green car is quite striking :sly:

Thanks for the close race in the one I had time for, SAMHAIN85. Won my first online money in GT5 :gtpflag:

I got down to a 59.2xx in qualifying for that one, I'm sure there's lots more to be had.
 
Thanks for the pictures motortrend, I'll get one up here shortly for the new banner as well as the current drivers list.
 
Thanks for the compliments people, can't wait to get to the first race! I still haven't found such a good setup though, nor have i gotten the car to 138 HP
 
Thanks for the compliments people, can't wait to get to the first race! I still haven't found such a good setup though, nor have i gotten the car to 138 HP

I've got a good setup I will send you tonight. 👍

The drivers lists have been updated in the first post. Group A is looking really good, as all 16 drivers are only separated by .716 of a second. :dopey:
 
Motor trend, again awesome pics I didn't even think to save. The best I could do lsat night was a 59.69 x and I'm still under steering bad so maybe I'll find something. To everyone that wasn't in the race with the pics, the reason I was out ahead in the first turn pic, I was setting up for my now signature first lap/first turn spin, haha.
 
Would any of the top drivers object to me posting my suspension tune up here to help some of the guys having issues?
 
great pics! Had fun with you guys last night. Did pull a 59.263 out of my butt last night but think I just got lucky because could never get back down below a 59.5. Happy to share what I had on set up but this is one of those "your results may vary" kind of things of course.

On a side note... Jan 2 is a long way away... would any of you guys be interested in doing a 20-30 lap race later in the week-thursday night perhaps- show up, do a 20 minute qualifier then do the race. Fun, low key if there is only 5 or 15 of us fun either way. Perhaps do it again next week on a different track too. All the build up of Autumn ring has left me wanting to really race. Let me know if there is interest and I'll post some specifics on the details. FWIW, I created and ran a Spec Miata series on Forza for about a year and a half and some of the folks here ran my series. So much fun! I'm Specmeotter over in XBL land.

Let me know if there is interest in a mid week mini race.
 
I'd be interested on a Thursday race, but that is when I internet is hooked up and I have a lot of updates to download. Could take a while. :p
 
sounds like fun, hope i can make it thursday night.
 
cool, i know some of the guys from last night were interested too so I'll whip up a schedule and some rules etc. The rules will be our standard ones already in place here but we are doing something different for qualifying.
 
What the hell do you have to do to get 138bhp? I'm topping at 135 with proper mods and oil change.
 
lots of miles in practice mode. If you get really in tune with your lap times and you ghost car you will actually be able to tell when it happens. the other side of the coin is that if you don't keep up with the oil changes you will actually drop a hp. you can tell when that happens too with chasing your ghost. I thought i just started sucking when it happened to me. lol.
 
Run the 4-hour Roadster endurance with your Spec Miata like I did. 138 hp in no time. :lol:
 
R1600 - Use CoconutComa as the PSN
 
Yep, lol. Sorry it wasn't clear.
 
If you want this to be truly realistic, we need to add the 94-97 years and 99's with restrictor plates, just so we can all complain about the rules?
 
I'd like to see a photo of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cars parked next to each other, spaced according to their qualifying times. :lol:

If you want this to be truly realistic, we need to add the 94-97 years and 99's with restrictor plates, just so we can all complain about the rules?

I tried, but it would be too hard to regulate everything. If we run a second season, I may open it up to those cars.
 
doh. wish I had submitted my time before cutoff. My 43.4 would have put me in group b. :(
 
If you want this to be truly realistic, we need to add the 94-97 years and 99's with restrictor plates, just so we can all complain about the rules?


LOL, spoken like a man who is in the know. :-)

Then we could all get Drago to build our cars since he sits on the comp board. LOL. not knocking Jim, he built my '99.:D
 
oh and about that pic on the main page.... great shot of me and Algreen on row 1. What it doesn't show is us following each other off just outside of turn one on the first lap. :)
 
oh and about that pic on the main page.... great shot of me and Algreen on row 1. What it doesn't show is us following each other off just outside of turn one on the first lap. :)

HAHA:lol:
 
What the hell do you have to do to get 138bhp? I'm topping at 135 with proper mods and oil change.

Mine didnt come in til 180 or so miles. I just ran all the beginner races I could and drove Nurburgring a lot. I love that track.

Hope it works for you too
 
I'd like to see a photo of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place cars parked next to each other, spaced according to their qualifying times. :lol:


That would be an awesome photo, of course not from the side because it would look like one car.:)
 
I built a Miata but thought my 44.xxx wouldn't be good enough so I didn't submit it. Didn't know there was going to be a group B. I'll keep it around in case you decide to make a second season.
 
That would be an awesome photo, of course not from the side because it would look like one car.:)

I know, that's why it's funny. :D

Edit: and oh so cool at the same time...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back