GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,253 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would any of the top drivers object to me posting my suspension tune up here to help some of the guys having issues?

I don't mind one bit, I actually encourage it! I'm still using a setup that was posted a few pages back, I really don't know how to tune cars! I'd probably still be driving stock had it not been for your guys' help.
great pics! Had fun with you guys last night. Did pull a 59.263 out of my butt last night but think I just got lucky because could never get back down below a 59.5. Happy to share what I had on set up but this is one of those "your results may vary" kind of things of course.

On a side note... Jan 2 is a long way away... would any of you guys be interested in doing a 20-30 lap race later in the week-thursday night perhaps- show up, do a 20 minute qualifier then do the race. Fun, low key if there is only 5 or 15 of us fun either way. Perhaps do it again next week on a different track too. All the build up of Autumn ring has left me wanting to really race. Let me know if there is interest and I'll post some specifics on the details. FWIW, I created and ran a Spec Miata series on Forza for about a year and a half and some of the folks here ran my series. So much fun! I'm Specmeotter over in XBL land.

Let me know if there is interest in a mid week mini race.

I'm definitely down for this, I've been really anxious to run with a full room, or at least close to a full room.

oh and about that pic on the main page.... great shot of me and Algreen on row 1. What it doesn't show is us following each other off just outside of turn one on the first lap. :)

ahaha i think you even called it too. That first turn was a real pain in the ass for me when I first started to practice yesterday. I'd come in hot and then slam the brakes and be all over the place. Now, I just feather the brake early and kinda coast through the turn. Much faster! 👍
 
We can make this race a "Pre-Season Test" if you want to call it that. As long as my update downloads don't take forever on Thursday night, I'm definitely in.
 
OK, it is official, we will do a pre-season test race or two. It will be fun and allow us to work out any bugs before the real event in january as well as get used to being close together. No, not like a group hug...

I will write it up. I think I said that already once today but who knows.

Watching B Spec Bob do donuts in the FGT right now so I have time to write.... give me a half hour and I'll have the whole thing up.
 
I hate my b-spec driver. I put him in a 160HP vitz and still manages to get 10th place. Leaves the track, completely stops and waits for a chance to go back in
 
Turbo and Co.,

Do you guys mind if I join in on your test and tune online sessions if the rooms aren't full? I wanted to submit a qualifier time (I ran a 42.519) but I had worries about my ability to make the races and didn't want to let anyone down. But I still enjoy trying to match your times and would like to practice with the group in an unofficial capacity.

Let me know!

Oh and I have a headset so if you needed me to back out to let someone else into the room I would be able to oblige.
 
I hate my b-spec driver. I put him in a 160HP vitz and still manages to get 10th place. Leaves the track, completely stops and waits for a chance to go back in

Mine did that too. I was like "WTF man, GO!" :lol:

Turbo and Co.,

Do you guys mind if I join in on your test and tune online sessions if the rooms aren't full?

Fine with me.
 
OK Gentlemen. Time for the GTP Spec Miata Pre-Season to begin.

Thursday December 23, 2010 9:30 pm est. Suzuka Circuit East

Open to everyone who submitted a legitimate Autumn Ring Qualifying time.

Format and Schedule: Free run-qualifying-race

9:30 10 minute warm up/final tuning session

9:45 15 minute qualifying time--Rule! Once you enter the track you can not pit or go back to the lobby for tuning and must be on the track until after the 20 minute point.

few minutes in between for a pee break and to set the starting grid.

10:15 20-lap race. Rolling 2x2 start. 1 lap parade to get everyone into grid position if needed. Then green flag at a designated timer number count on the race timer (for example..."everyone starts when you see the game time hit 2:52")

Settings:
everything off except ABS

Legal Spec Miata car as per the GTP Rules on page 1

Damage will be on at MAX for the race. No damage in practice or qualifying.
---in regards to damage--- if we find it is just too much trouble with everyone too damaged to race then we will cut the race short and do a new full race without damage. grid by your finish of the first 15 laps-- the point of the night is to have fun and get acclimated not sit there with a broken car for 30 minutes watching everyone else race. I'm all about realism but I also know the damage in the game is a lot more hindering to the cars than they are in real life for equal impact.

Mics- HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory.
Race clean with good manners and race etiquette.
Course cutting that gains a position must be given back or black flag aka DQ

Have fun and be patient. This is the test run for the season and there will be some things to learn along the way. These will be things that will make the real season go smoother. The time schedule is just designed to keep us on track moving along and of course we can wait a extra minute for someone of course in between sessions. But we really do want to try to start at 8:30 unless there is an uproar to go later.


Qualifying-

Qualifying will be done by using the "spectator view" feature. In it you can see every driver and their fastest lap done. This is why you have to stay in the room and be on the track at the 15 minute mark and not leave until given the all clear. This is also how we will be able to tell if anyone left and returned to the room and who. Ultimately we are using the Set Grid By Fastest feature and collecting times is just to confirm it works properly. If we need to rearrange we will do it on the parade lap.


If you show up really late and miss qualifying but make the race then you are welcome to race but start in the back row.

Again, this is the first dry run so everyone have some patience and be cool to each other on track.

later.
 
Last edited:
I'll be online tonight and join or host a room. Call it GTP Pre-Race SpecMiata. That way maybe we can get the word out to some of the other guys that aren't reading this post.
 
Any rooms up now?
 
Yeah 30 laps is too many in my honest opinion. Instead of doing one long race, we could even split it up into like 2 races. Maybe 2 10 lappers, and if people want to keep racin' we do it. Just my opinion, I'm down for whatever. I just hope we get a big turn out, like more than 10 people.
 
room up:

GTPlanet Spec Miata

1472-6118-3787-3250-1805

This will stay up for the next couple of hours
 
room up:

GTPlanet Spec Miata

1472-6118-3787-3250-1805

This will stay up for the next couple of hours

Be there in 10 minutes.
 
These are only sub 1 minute laps at this track.

can drop it no problem if you are sure. 20 feel better? chew on it and we can decide on race night if you want. but no less than 15 OK?
 
I would like to practice with you guys since I'd like to try this if there is a next season. I have my Miata built and I'll see you guys tonight. I am a bit slow right now but I'm getting the hang of them.
 
In case anyone new to SM racing and is curious as to how much it costs to build a Spec Miata in the game (costs include the car and all tuning shop upgrades):

'89 Spec Miata - Cr. 79,200
'91 Spec Miata - Cr. 84,200

:)
 
Sorry I didn't have time to follow up with making a quali lap and what not. I will be watching this develop though!
 
Best I got was a 59.742. That's with 135 HP though, hope to get into the high 58s with 138 HP and a good tune. Also, I think 20-25 laps would be best for this track
 
I can't do the pre-season race. It'll be 6:30 here and I don't get home till almost 7:00.

I might have a couple bomb shells for you guys tomorrow.
 
I can't do the pre-season race. It'll be 6:30 here and I don't get home till almost 7:00.

I might have a couple bomb shells for you guys tomorrow.

m8 what happened to my time?:nervous:
 
I can't do the pre-season race. It'll be 6:30 here and I don't get home till almost 7:00.

I might have a couple bomb shells for you guys tomorrow.

we can change it to 9 est so you can make it. THis is your series my man. :-)
 
can i send u the image now? i thought it was with replay files

Yeah, send as soon as you can.

we can change it to 9 est so you can make it. THis is your series my man. :-)

Problem is as soon as I fire up GT5 when I get home its going to want to download all of the updates. Who knows how long that'll take. I'll try and join if the downloads are quick. We can also do another race next week. No big deal. :)
 
i have sent it to your email m8:tup::sly:
 
I just got disconnected from my own lobby. tt997 maybe you can host a new room? we still had a few guys in there, pretty fun stuff
 
I just got disconnected from my own lobby. tt997 maybe you can host a new room? we still had a few guys in there, pretty fun stuff

just opened one
 
1472 6399 8494 1423 1377
 
Fun in that room guys. I gotta actually tune the car and then (fingers crossed) I'll be able to keep up. As it was, I was running high 0:59s/low 1:00s.
 
Ill make it to one of these rooms one time, maybe if its up a lil later PST
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back