GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,253 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't fast at all when I got there and now I know why. My springs were still at the stock setting and I also was running comfort softs. I fixed my settings and got down to a 1:00.610 I also only have 134 hp at the moment.
 
I am really going to try and remember Thursday night. 👍
 
hey turbo, i just spent 3 hrs str8 reading the forum front to back.....(@ work) im so pumped if i could join..... not the fastest but i do race clean and seems like a lot of fun......Could i still join??....and sundays are great for me (im OFF) psn: tsnacks :detroit MI USA
 
rsz7.jpg

rsz8.jpg

rsz10.jpg

rsz13d.jpg

rsz18.jpg

rsz113.jpg

rsz1113.jpg


Theres a few pictures from tonight. I don't really know what I'm doing... anyways thanks for everyone who raced with us tonight, it was a lot of fun. Right before the last race I hit 58.8xx in practice so I'm pretty stoked about that, after being stuck in the 59s. Thanks for the roll bar tip tt997 👍
 
If we are still allowed to sign up I'd love to join

Member: MrInternet
PSN: Mr1nt3rn3t
Region: California, United States
Equipment: Dualshock 3
Body: Black
Wheel: Green


I posted a lap time of 43.853 on autumn ring mini reverse but, no proof. If necessary I can redo the lap and maybe get something faster :o
 
Photos are pretty tron, SAM. I got down to 59.030 but I know I can get two tenths out of the last sector.

I only captured one photo because it was 1:00 EST by the time we finished and I had to be to work in seven-ish hours. Which is where I am currently sitting. :yuck:

Suzuka%20Circuit%20East%20Course.jpg
 
I will try an make this. Would be a nice break from the Academy. I DO have to make chili that night, but should be able to squeeze everything in. Later start would be better for me. Can you do 9:30 eastern? :D
 
I build the car (91 edition) and did the test at the autum ring. Got a 0.43.029 (using DS3) i haven't signed on for this yet as i am struggling with the tune, i can get another 5 tens maybe but my tuning just sucks with these cars. Anyone care to share some tips or atleast a basic tune i can further improve myself?!
 
Nice photos guys. That one on the front straight of Suzuka would have been good for a front page banner, except for the NB Miata that somehow snuck in there. :)

Here's my setup that I am current using. Good for a 58.848 so far after a few laps.

Ride Height: -20 / -18
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 5.8
Extension: 4 / 3
Compression: 3 / 2
Sways Bars: 4 / 1
Camber: 2.0 / 1.8
Toe: .05 / 0.0

I'm still working on the brake balance.

Those that want to sign up now will have to wait until I get all confirmed times from those that have been signed up for quite some time.
 
Thanx for the tune Turbo. I will give it a try when i get back.
 
That tune is more agressive than the one I currently have though not for the sway bars, Ill give it a try whenever I can. Thanks!
 
I just wanted to make sure I stayed within the limits of the official Spec Miata rules. So that tune is a mixture of an official Spec Miata tune, and a few tweaks from me.
 
Thursday night race updates:

I'll edit my original post when I get back to the laptop.

New start time- 9:30pm est.
Race laps-20
Qualifying times will come from spectator view mode. It shows everyones fastest laps. Details in my forthcoming post update.

Sam, thanks for the props on Brosif's sways. Lol!
 
Wow I missed one night and there has been so much going on!
Haha.
I'm going to search or start a room as soon as I get home, around six.
I'm so stoked on how organized everyone is keeping this!
 
Anyone want to set up a room? I'll be doing some A-spec stuff for now. If anyone wants to start one post it here and add me to message me so I know.

Thanks
 
Oh! And Hey I think I've got a good system we can use for penalties. It involves making a check and balance system.

There's two models. Pretty much the system involves giving or taking away a certain amount of "infraction points" or "IPs"

So, first model, you do something stupid on track. The stewards judge the infractor by watching the replays and give him an IP point. Say, just for an example, we set it so that if you get something like 6 points at any point in the season you either lose championship points, get disqualified for a race, whatever seems to work best. Getting 12 points will be bad enough for disqualification or something major. Everyone starts with zero.

Second model is something more in line with the idea of checks and balances.

So everyone starts out with like 10 points, for example. If you do something bad, you gain points, but if you have a whole race without hitting anyone or having any major contact with other racers you take points off. Have ten good races without much incident and you will have the best possible reputation, which is zero.
If you get too many points, maybe 20? You get penalized. Maybe something like at 15 points you get a slap on the wrist penalty (time penalty or a delayed start or something) and 20 points will disqualify you from the next race.

This system would be a deterrent to try and keep guys serious about staying well in the league.

Let me know guys so we can discuss!
 
That's a bit complicated for me. :lol:

Honestly, if you cut a corner or move someone out of the way to gain a position, just keep it like GT5:P. Give the guy his spot back and we're all good. 👍
 
I only captured one photo because it was 1:00 EST by the time we finished and I had to be to work in seven-ish hours. Which is where I am currently sitting. :yuck:

My favorite line on GTPlanet. :gtpflag:
 
Have you got the image i ve sent u m8?:)
 
edited.
 
Last edited:
yes and it told me that it failed. the only thing that reamains is to upload the picture here. how i do it?

Can you upload the picture file using the Imageshack upload below the reply box?
 
Weird, I don't see anything in that post. Anyone else?
 
i dont know what else to do. i probably quit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back