GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,253 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit complicated for me. :lol:

Honestly, if you cut a corner or move someone out of the way to gain a position, just keep it like GT5:P. Give the guy his spot back and we're all good. 👍

To be perfectly honest, this is what i think:
Penalties on max in race settings. I do not think we should try and govern this more than the game allows - it raises too many unknowns, and brings politics into the picture (i f'n hate politics)

If there are certain areas in maps discovered to be cheatable, then we should be filling out bug reports or what not to PD for them to correct it.
 
i have sent u a friend request on psn turbo:)
 
I'm bored.

Someone should start a room.

I am not even in this series and I can't get enough.

:)
 
Hello All I have a room up

GTP_SPEC_MIATA_practi

1472 6118 3830 2747 6120
 
Oh! And Hey I think I've got a good system we can use for penalties. It involves making a check and balance system.

There's two models. Pretty much the system involves giving or taking away a certain amount of "infraction points" or "IPs"

So, first model, you do something stupid on track. The stewards judge the infractor by watching the replays and give him an IP point. Say, just for an example, we set it so that if you get something like 6 points at any point in the season you either lose championship points, get disqualified for a race, whatever seems to work best. Getting 12 points will be bad enough for disqualification or something major. Everyone starts with zero.

Second model is something more in line with the idea of checks and balances.

So everyone starts out with like 10 points, for example. If you do something bad, you gain points, but if you have a whole race without hitting anyone or having any major contact with other racers you take points off. Have ten good races without much incident and you will have the best possible reputation, which is zero.
If you get too many points, maybe 20? You get penalized. Maybe something like at 15 points you get a slap on the wrist penalty (time penalty or a delayed start or something) and 20 points will disqualify you from the next race.

This system would be a deterrent to try and keep guys serious about staying well in the league.

Let me know guys so we can discuss!


That's a real good idea Wardez. We will use it tomorrow night. To make it simpler we can give a warning for the first in fraction and then called out for the 2nd which means it goes under review and their finish position is subtracted by 2. One for the person they infracted and one for punishment so to speak. So if you see something on track that warrants something then call it out.
 
Thursday Night Dec 23 Pre-Race reminder and updates.

Hey guys, I changed the start time to 9:30est in hopes our other time zones can make it easier. And RT1600Turbo can make it. This is his baby after all.

Also updated the Qualifying process.

Lastly, I'm not sure how many folks we will actually get but I could use someone with a Mic to volunteer as a 2nd room host if needed. Just reply back here.

A room will probably be open before race so look for GTP SM Only and I'll post up the number code here. Going to look into doing a private room too so send over friend requests.

Here is the link to the Race Details: http://https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139251&page=35#post4383 739
 
Last edited:
Your series' biggest fan just set his personal best of 58.829!
 
dude awesome! mind pming that set up. :-))
 
Just used R1600s setup to get down to a 59.3 59.1. Slowly but surely getting there, just tough to be consistent with the DS3.

Wish I had noticed this series earlier, I'm loving driving my street car in the game!
 
Last edited:
That's a real good idea Wardez. We will use it tomorrow night. To make it simpler we can give a warning for the first in fraction and then called out for the 2nd which means it goes under review and their finish position is subtracted by 2. One for the person they infracted and one for punishment so to speak. So if you see something on track that warrants something then call it out.

I feel like it might be too much even in its simplest form. From what I have seen so far racing with some of the guys here, they will, or I will, always give before contact with each other. Iv only raced closely with a few guys so I know everyone may not be so forgiving. Maybe we should just come back to this if it starts to look like people are going to knock each other around.

Either way I'm fine with it, just saying we could keep it simple now and if need be start penalizing drivers that are a bit too aggressive.

The practice races I'm sure will let us all know what we should do.:)
 
Good point and good idea. we can just use the "don't be a douche" method for now and give people a chance to do the right thing. Police it later if it becomes a problem.
 
Got my internet modem! Service won't be turned on until 5pm Thursday. :(
 
That's a real good idea Wardez. We will use it tomorrow night. To make it simpler we can give a warning for the first in fraction and then called out for the 2nd which means it goes under review and their finish position is subtracted by 2. One for the person they infracted and one for punishment so to speak. So if you see something on track that warrants something then call it out.


Sorry but I just cant support this.
The game has penalties built into it for a reason, its not perfect, but it mostly works.
Damage should be set to heavy to deter everyone from any type of collision.
It shouldnt be more complicated than that.

Edit:
If said system is going to be attempted in the racing series, i will be withdrawing.
I'm here to play GT5 - restrictions on cars / tunings etc? no problem. Trying to implement a socially managed penalty system? no thanks.
 
R1600Turbo i have sent you a private message with the picture of the Autum time .43,204
 
Arh, forget it .. I won't be able to drive any of those races at all. So don't count me in anyway. I would have to get out of bed like 3 in the morning to participate in the races on normal school days.. That would be terrible stupid.

It seems that I've wasted alot of time i see.
 
Sorry but I just cant support this.
The game has penalties built into it for a reason, its not perfect, but it mostly works.
Damage should be set to heavy to deter everyone from any type of collision.
It shouldnt be more complicated than that.

Edit:
If said system is going to be attempted in the racing series, i will be withdrawing.
I'm here to play GT5 - restrictions on cars / tunings etc? no problem. Trying to implement a socially managed penalty system? no thanks.

I tend to agree, I think the damage should be set to max, I always drive with the philosophy of having damage in GT as I don't want to hit anyone and ruin their races, and obviously real life is the same (except more expensive if you make a mistake), plus I think heavy damage will make everyone think twice before making a low percentage move.

Regardless of how the damage model is decided I'll be there tonight and for the series, I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Looking forward to the practice race tonight!

tt997, check your PM's!
 
Arh, forget it .. I won't be able to drive any of those races at all. So don't count me in anyway. I would have to get out of bed like 3 in the morning to participate in the races on normal school days.. That would be terrible stupid.

It seems that I've wasted alot of time i see.

Sorry man, didn't think about you guys across the pond when I came up with the times. We could do them earlier in the day, but I'd have to know if that's going to work for everyone.

Good point and good idea. we can just use the "don't be a douche" method for now and give people a chance to do the right thing. Police it later if it becomes a problem.

I'm going to try and leave work an hour early today so I can get started on those downloads ASAP.
 
I tend to agree, I think the damage should be set to max, I always drive with the philosophy of having damage in GT as I don't want to hit anyone and ruin their races, and obviously real life is the same (except more expensive if you make a mistake), plus I think heavy damage will make everyone think twice before making a low percentage move.

Regardless of how the damage model is decided I'll be there tonight and for the series, I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Looking forward to the practice race tonight!

tt997, check your PM's!

Netheral, SilverMiata---Good points raised. This is RT1600's call of course for the real season but for tonight damage IS on. Our masses have been whittled down to 32 guys who can drive and we have been driving together for weeks now and everyone seems to be pretty clean and courteous so most of this is a non issue anyway.

The point of doing what Wardez suggested, and I chimed in on, is just to reinforce that driving like a dive bombing reckless bozo in this series just won't be acceptable. Not trying to make social changes or anything, just reinforcing a precedent.

Silver, yeah sorry been slow on the PM return. Doing it now.
 
I say full damage on. As you said, you have been racing with the same guys for a couple weeks now, so you know what everyone is capable of. If you haven't seen any bozo's yet, we probably won't. If one happens to turn up, we can keep a close eye on them. If everyone thinks the racing is better without them, then they just won't be allowed to race any more.
 
works for me. Full damage tonight is official.
 
Besides, it's not Spec Miata without a few dents. :sly:
 
This ain't spec pinata, bro! 👍
 
Is it too early for you guys to do a few runs? I'm up early so I'll be playing for a bit. Message me on PSN if anyone wants to go for it.


Ooo and I got a headset now.

Oh and I might, just might, be able to make it to the pre-season race tonight. I may have work off but I still haven't decided.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back