GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,258 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice races. at least that few races i managed to race:)
 
Looks like a good time, hopefully ill make the next one.. any ideas yet for that one?
 
Damn, couldn't make the races tonight; looked like a nice full grid :grumpy:

I might get to jump on for a bit tomorrow, but then I'm off for a few days over the holidays. That will be the longest I've been away from GT5 since it came out :crazy:

Hopefully we can have another one of these practice races before the series gets started. See you on the track :gtpflag:
 
Work and school has been killing me so I've had no time to really play. =(
 
Lots of fun tonight guys! Sorry I was so quiet, going out to buy a mic tomorrow. Also want to apologize for having an illegal car. I guess I purchased the stage 3 weight reduction while I was doing testing a while ago and forgot about it. No fear, I bought a new car and we're good to go. :)

And for those that missed it, here's a few shots of the action from tonight. There are more HERE.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse.jpg


SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_2.jpg


SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_4.jpg


SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_6.jpg
 
Lots of fun tonight guys! Sorry I was so quiet, going out to buy a mic tomorrow. Also want to apologize for having an illegal car. I guess I purchased the stage 3 weight reduction while I was doing testing a while ago and forgot about it. No fear, I bought a new car and we're good to go. :)

Turbo, does the fact that you and samhain were neck and neck for almost the whole time indicate that he may have had some 'illegal' mods ?
i really wish GT5 had a more detailed race/mod restrictions....
 
I'm going to have to withdraw from the series. So, feel free to remove me from the drivers list and give my spot to someone else.
 
What is the weight difference of the stage 3 reduction?
 
Turbo, does the fact that you and samhain were neck and neck for almost the whole time indicate that he may have had some 'illegal' mods ?
i really wish GT5 had a more detailed race/mod restrictions....

Iv raced with SamHain a lot and I always set up the rooms with an 860Kg limit and he always gets in and runs times as fast or faster than were ran last night.

So I feel very very confident that Sam is not too light.
 
Turbo, does the fact that you and samhain were neck and neck for almost the whole time indicate that he may have had some 'illegal' mods ?
i really wish GT5 had a more detailed race/mod restrictions....[/QUOTE

Easy there nethereal....I'll vouch for Samhain. He is fast. Period. Most of us have been driving with him all week and if you drive really well and really consistent you can stick with him. Just because 1600 could go neck and neck with him in that 30kg lighter car just shows how good Samhain really is.

I'll be posting up our actual qualifying times and final race as well as open the door for discussions on a few things like damage. Damage from drunk people who show up and spin their cars taking out other people might be brought up too. :sly:
 
What is the weight difference of the stage 3 reduction?

I had to drop the room down 30kg just to get him in. so 30 ish?
 
Hey Nethereal-

I just can't seem to let this go after seeing you try to call out Sam as a cheater and then that post you made the other day about the heavy damage and the attempts to manage irresponsible drivers. Especially after the fact that you showed up telling everyone how tipsy you were and then proceeding to wipe out in that first race and take everyone out during heavy damage mode thus ending their races and being part of the reason we actually had to ultimately quit the race and start over.

"Sorry but I just cant support this.
The game has penalties built into it for a reason, its not perfect, but it mostly works.
Damage should be set to heavy to deter everyone from any type of collision.
It shouldnt be more complicated than that. If said system is going to be attempted in the racing series, i will be withdrawing.
I'm here to play GT5 - restrictions on cars / tunings etc? no problem. Trying to implement a socially managed penalty system? no thanks."

So based on that reality, I say we need something of some sort in place to deal with drunken idiots who come in late, totally miss qualifying, and then can't handle their car and take other people out of the race.
 
Hey Nethereal-

I just can't seem to let this go after seeing you try to call out Sam as a cheater and then that post you made the other day about the heavy damage and the attempts to manage irresponsible drivers. Especially after the fact that you showed up telling everyone how tipsy you were and then proceeding to wipe out in that first race and take everyone out during heavy damage mode thus ending their races and being part of the reason we actually had to ultimately quit the race and start over.

"Sorry but I just cant support this.
The game has penalties built into it for a reason, its not perfect, but it mostly works.
Damage should be set to heavy to deter everyone from any type of collision.
It shouldnt be more complicated than that. If said system is going to be attempted in the racing series, i will be withdrawing.
I'm here to play GT5 - restrictions on cars / tunings etc? no problem. Trying to implement a socially managed penalty system? no thanks."

So based on that reality, I say we need something of some sort in place to deal with drunken idiots who come in late, totally miss qualifying, and then can't handle their car and take other people out of the race.

***********
To be perfectly clear:
Not calling out Sam as a cheater at all (just to clarify that)
If I were to ever call someone out, you would know, and i would be backing it up with hard solid evidence - it's just who i am.
***********

I am merely asking a question of turbo. He clearly stated his car wasnt legal (fact). He was also neck and neck with him the entire time i watched, and they were far ahead of the pack.
Is it too far fetched for me to ask the obvious question? no, and anyone else in my position would as well.

As for yesterday (practice/fun - or am i wrong?) , I came late, and happily started from the end of the grid. As for being tipsy - is it a crime to play a video game while having some drinks? no.
As for the 3 times or so i wiped out (lost control, got a tire on the grass each time during cornering, near/at last place) , I tried to correct as best as possible without hitting anyone - for the 2 people i happened to hit I apologise.
Also, any time i had cars behind about to lap me, im moved over courteously (except where obvious lack of passing space)
After the 2nd or 3rd race, i withdrew and watched knowing i was in no state to keep racing with you guys. (where i saw turbo and sam duke it out, which was quite entertaining since the cars were neck and neck and kept swapping positions far ahead of the rest of the pack)

I did not take everyone out - and if it needs to be verified - i invite anyone with the replays from yesterday to verify this.

So it would be appreciated if you don't over-exagerate.

Turbo, Sam, thanks for the really entertaining battles yesterday - was really fun to watch how even you guys were!
Oh, and this is the first time i see Sam race - great stuff!

Thanks.
 
GTPlanet has a great private messaging system. :)
 
I think SAM just had that much better of a suspension tune than me, since I'm a noob at suspension tuning.

First post has been updated vanos. 👍
 
I just checked and my car has 49 miles on it, she's currently at 135hp. I'll get her to 138 before the first race...I hope.

Also, 1600Turbo, I changed my car color from white with green wheels to silver with red wheels. It will break up the white car count for Group A plus fit my name better since no one knew SpecMiata-JSW was SilverMiata last night.

Cheers! :cheers:
 
Suzuka East Race Night Re-cap and Results

The pre-race last night was a lot of fun and we learned a lot of things from it.

Results​

Finish Qualify time.
1. Samhain85 58.7881.
2. RT1600Turbo 58.615
3. SpecMiata-JSW 58.878
4. Wardez 59.366
5. AlGreene71 59.285
6. Blackmamba 59.867
7. GrahamTrusimo 59.263
8. tt997 59.326
9. MarcustheCarcus 1.01.316
10. Toracer32 59.204
11. Nethereal late entry no time

Props to SpecMiata-JSW who won the first shortened due to damage race.


Details and discussion points

Race Start time? we started at 9:30ish EST but saw stragglers come in all evening. Is there a better start time for you left coasters?

Mics ya gotta get one. It will make everything so much easier. In fact, I even have a spare bluetooth I'll just give you if someone wants it PM me your address.

Qualifying is very easy. The built in gridding system actually works perfectly as long as no one returns to the lobby after taking the track during the qualifying session. We took actual times just to double check and it was perfect.

Damage- we raced with Heavy damage. For the sake of brevity we all agreed to end the race early and start a new one without it. The results above are for the 2nd race. Overall there really wasn't that much contact. We need to come to a ruling on this and Turbo this one is your call. Maybe a Poll? I guess we all need to chime in with our arguments for or against it. Personally, I think we can get away with Light Damage.

Fun? yeah. totally.

Laps we raced with 12 laps which really seemed short after all the build up. In keeping with the spirit of realism, a normal race in an average National Class SM race is about 40 minutes. Adjusting our lap times to coincide with this would be cool to see. However, tire wear on the game is a lot worse than real life so that is something to figure out. I am sure there is a middle ground. At least up the laps on these short 1 minute lap tracks.



Next Pre Season Race-Thursday December 29

Trial Mountain- 9:30pm EST (could change to later for the west coasters)

Laps-30 yes, 30 This is going to be more of an enduro and with 30 laps on this track a little bit of tire and fuel strategy will come into play with a pt stop.

I'll post full details in a separate post. I'm hoping everyone will like the enduro idea. These things are a
lot of fun.
 
Suzuka East Race Night Re-cap and Results

The pre-race last night was a lot of fun and we learned a lot of things from it.

Results​

Finish Qualify time.
1. Samhain85 58.7881.
2. RT1600Turbo 58.615
3. SpecMiata-JSW 58.878
4. Wardez 59.366
5. AlGreene71 59.285
6. Blackmamba 59.867
7. GrahamTrusimo 59.263
8. tt997 59.326
9. MarcustheCarcus 1.01.316
10. Toracer32 59.204
11. Nethereal late entry no time

Props to SpecMiata-JSW who won the first shortened due to damage race.


Details and discussion points

Race Start time? we started at 9:30ish EST but saw stragglers come in all evening. Is there a better start time for you left coasters?

Mics ya gotta get one. It will make everything so much easier. In fact, I even have a spare bluetooth I'll just give you if someone wants it PM me your address.

Qualifying is very easy. The built in gridding system actually works perfectly as long as no one returns to the lobby after taking the track during the qualifying session. We took actual times just to double check and it was perfect.

Damage- we raced with Heavy damage. For the sake of brevity we all agreed to end the race early and start a new one without it. The results above are for the 2nd race. Overall there really wasn't that much contact. We need to come to a ruling on this and Turbo this one is your call. Maybe a Poll? I guess we all need to chime in with our arguments for or against it. Personally, I think we can get away with Light Damage.

Fun? yeah. totally.

Laps we raced with 12 laps which really seemed short after all the build up. In keeping with the spirit of realism, a normal race in an average National Class SM race is about 40 minutes. Adjusting our lap times to coincide with this would be cool to see. However, tire wear on the game is a lot worse than real life so that is something to figure out. I am sure there is a middle ground. At least up the laps on these short 1 minute lap tracks.



Next Pre Season Race-Thursday December 29

Trial Mountain- 9:30pm EST (could change to later for the west coasters)

Laps-30 yes, 30 This is going to be more of an enduro and with 30 laps on this track a little bit of tire and fuel strategy will come into play with a pt stop.

I'll post full details in a separate post. I'm hoping everyone will like the enduro idea. These things are a
lot of fun.

👍 love the enduro style, tire/pit strategy is a part of racing +1
 
+1 to the enduro idea, to see how things would go
 
That was fun last night, but I totally screwed it up during the race. I never officially signed up for this series, which is too bad. You guys are a fun bunch to run with!

Got into the high 58s this morning...now I just need consistency to match!
 
I agree on having a Mic, that's why I bought one this morning. Good idea on the enduro, I just have to mess with my settings a bit cause my car seems to be a bit loose on cold tires online.
 
How many guys showed up for race 1? :)

I would've joined but im a bit busy on the other thread :(
 
Subscription still open ?

Member: AcidBurns
PSN: GTP_AcidBurns
Region: Switzerland
Equipment: G25
Body: White
Wheel: Black
 
Subscription still open ?

Member: AcidBurns
PSN: GTP_AcidBurns
Region: Switzerland
Equipment: G25
Body: White
Wheel: Black

You can join the practice rooms if there is room left. The championship slots are currently taken, but if we have anyone drop out I will let you know.
 
It's Christmas Eve and I'm bored.

Is anyone actually around if I wanted to start a practice room?

Also, have we determined whether online and practice lap times are consistent? I just ran a 58.690 in practice mode but I remember some people were saying their qualifying laps at Autumn Ring Mini were slower than what they had achieved online.
 
👍 love the enduro style, tire/pit strategy is a part of racing +1

I agree totally! Very excited to see how this turns out

To be clearer, I think every thing sounds good.

This is all just ideas stewing around in my head. If we decide against going with them its no problem to me.

Say we post a time on GTP that qualifying will begin (ex. 9:00). TT997 or Turbo can start or "reset" the room at the decided time for qual. and then everyone who wants to get in the race joins the room. People could enter and leave the course as they please and we could decide a time (ex. 9:30) that qual will end. Anyone who has not entered the course by the cutoff time, or 10s til the race starts, would just have to just skip that race. This way people could make laps and tweak the tune til they are happy with their lap time and then once they are satisfied with their time just sit off track til the race starts. Racers that are late to qualifying or don't get a chance to make a lap will just start at the back in the order they entered the course. I think this would let the game have the most control over our qualifying times and setting the grid fairly. If you leave the course looking for a better tune and it doesn't work out for you (lap time wise) its still fair because you took a risk leaving the course (and loosing your previous lap time).

As far as I can tell the grid line up in the game works this way. Please let me know if something I am saying the game will do is not true, but I think I got it right.
 
Last edited:
So, given that people want longer races, I'm going to find out how many laps it takes to get each of the races to 40 minutes and change them up. Just as soon as my brother get's off the system. :p
 
Next Pre Season Race-Thursday December 29

Trial Mountain- 9:30pm EST (could change to later for the west coasters)

Laps-30 yes, 30 This is going to be more of an enduro and with 30 laps on this track a little bit of tire and fuel strategy will come into play with a pt stop.

I'll post full details in a separate post. I'm hoping everyone will like the enduro idea. These things are a
lot of fun.

Cool, I'm totally up for that one as I'll be back in town then :gtpflag:

Hopefully the longer format reduces the urge to try to win in the first corner, and if that still happens, there will at least be more time to pull off a pit stop.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back