GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,238 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
greenlungz, im in your game right now but you're just idling there
 
another weird phenomenom is occuring from what I see. The realllly strange thing is that is is actually what happens in real life with these motors too.... without doing anything but just driving it in practice mode, my hp# is going up. anyone else seen this? I'm gonna play around in practice mode a little more then join you guys online. Have to figure out my new steering wheel but am getting :43s with the controller so far.
 
How in the world are you people getting those times on Laguna? It took every ounce of racing I had in me just to get under 1:50... :nervous:

Now I definitely think we should divide the field up into divisions based on speed, lol
 
greenlungz, im in your game right now but you're just idling there

sorry in a meeting right now, will be back in a few minutes ^_^

and yes, when you buy a new car, there is a BREAK IN PERIOD, so over time the engine gets to its optimum performance. Hence why I've been leaving my car driving around on pause menu in free run =)
 
How in the world are you people getting those times on Laguna? It took every ounce of racing I had in me just to get under 1:50... :nervous:

Now I definitely think we should divide the field up into divisions based on speed, lol

The trick with these cars is to use momentum. You can't slow down too much or it'll take a while to get back up to speed. That's what the sticky tires are for. ;)
 
How in the world are you people getting those times on Laguna? It took every ounce of racing I had in me just to get under 1:50... :nervous:

Now I definitely think we should divide the field up into divisions based on speed, lol

Practice, practice. 1:44 is what I achieved after a lot of laps. I did 1:43 while racing with wardez...

You just need practice. And doing great time is not important. What is important is how you handle the pressure during the race.

Another subject: we never discussed about the ''light glass kit that is available in the mods. I understood that you can remove the doors glasses and that you MUST removed the soft top and the assembly before racing the real car.
So do we do it or not.
I 'm going soon to buy a 89, when i will have enough credits (and time to earn it). This spec miata race is so addictive :)

If no room already open, I'll open one around 8PM new york time.

Nethereal, where are you living ?
I'm living at ville-st-laurent.
 
I'm going to say no on the glass for now.
 
another weird phenomenom is occuring from what I see. The realllly strange thing is that is is actually what happens in real life with these motors too.... without doing anything but just driving it in practice mode, my hp# is going up. anyone else seen this? I'm gonna play around in practice mode a little more then join you guys online. Have to figure out my new steering wheel but am getting :43s with the controller so far.


Yep 👍
I screamed around for a couple of hours last night which seems to have broken in the motor nicely. Was at 127hp right after modding the car to the rules, went up to 134hp after an oil change today :sly:

Not sure how many miles I put on it, not in the game right now.
 
1472 6118 4259 7712 8389

Tsukuba for the moment, maybe Nurburgring GP D after.
 
I did the oil change as soon as the first practice session in the car and have been at 134hp for a while now. I'm curious as to why the option to restrict HP in online rooms is only able to be set at 138hp. Maybe the max for a broken in 1.6 miata is 138hp?

Note! Attention! Lap times do not make a significant difference when racing like this. The ability to consistently drive fast while under the pressure of being followed or chasing is how you'll win a race of this caliber.

Wardez and I literally drove Laguna Seca for 15 straight laps dodging traffic. I, personally, felt my concentration dwindling down in the last 5 because Wardez is at the level to consistently race fast and keep up.

I already saw a bunch of fast people and can tell that there will be a bunch of contributing factors to podium finishes. The first corner after the starting grid is going to be an intense corner with the fierce competition.

I'm hella excited about this. Yall need to get mics, too!
 
Try the Nurb GP D with 8 guys, great races, perfect for the championship as well as Laguna seca (same lenght) and tsukuba. Sorry for all the ones I bump... :)

I'm doing good times, but when in racing, I have to work hard to remove the pressure from behind... ;)
Very good mental exercise !
 
That was cool, most fun i've had online racing!

and the best thing, i don't suck as bad as i origanally thought, there are a few really quick guys though, GTP_Vipond is bad fast!

Had to log out due to connection issues, i'll get back on tomarrow and see whats going! Till then guys later!
 
If someone is playing right now and can check the difference between the Stage 2 and Stage 3 weight reductions on the '91, I might have a solution. If not, it'll have to wait until tonight.

You may have already figured it out, but on the '91s it goes from 874kg to 855kg when you go from stage 2 to 3.
 
I just bought a J-limited and I'll drive it for a while. Maybe there'll be a difference after break in. right now my special package miata has 1 more ft/lb of torque and 10kgs over the j-limited.


Also I made a room called "GTP - Spec Miata"

1472-6399-8494-1421-7719
 
I don't know what the '89s get down to from stage 2 and if it's still only a 10kg difference between the two, but on my '91 a window lightening removes 10kg exactly.
 
I'll have a solution for the '91s tomorrow.

Just pulled a 1:43.406 at Laguna. Still need some work though.
 
Try the Nurb GP D with 8 guys, great races, perfect for the championship as well as Laguna seca (same lenght) and tsukuba. Sorry for all the ones I bump... :)

I'm doing good times, but when in racing, I have to work hard to remove the pressure from behind... ;)
Very good mental exercise !

yeah, was good fun. sorry for sending you into the sand on nur-d. that corner was a cluster ****. Had a blast though. Gonna put some time in, GGs all who were there.
 
Yeah, nice racing guys, hope we can keep it up. Sorry if I bumped you into the barriers in the chicane drivefast, still getting used to racing online in GT5.
 
We're in a room right now and it's set on a RAIN course. I, personally, think it's fun but at the same time it CAN be frustrating. We have no traction what so ever. lol
 
That was cool, most fun i've had online racing!

and the best thing, i don't suck as bad as i origanally thought, there are a few really quick guys though, GTP_Vipond is bad fast!

No doubt! I couldn't catch him at Tsukuba despite having the draft, although there doesn't seem to be much draft in these Miata's. :)
 
What's a fast time at Tsukuba?
I'll see you guys tomorrow at lunch time, gonna sleep now after a long night of work.
 
What's a fast time at Tsukuba?
I'll see you guys tomorrow at lunch time, gonna sleep now after a long night of work.

I don't know what a fast time is, but I was hitting mid 1'07's. Probably a second faster would be decent. Just aim for 1'05's :)
 
I pulled a 1:07.144 when I tested this car online a few days ago.
 
I'll have a solution for the '91s tomorrow.

Just pulled a 1:43.406 at Laguna. Still need some work though.

Yesterday I had problems with the servers and was lapping in Laguna Seca. And my best was 1:50.126 :ouch:
 
There's a lot of time to be had. If it helps I can upload a replay file of a 1:44 so you can compare my lines with yours. Don't be asking for a 1:43, though. I save those for myself.:)

Just for reference purposes I believe the spec miata record at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is 1:45.xxx
 
There's a lot of time to be had. If it helps I can upload a replay file of a 1:44 so you can compare my lines with yours. Don't be asking for a 1:43, though. I save those for myself.:)

Just for reference purposes I believe the spec miata record at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is 1:45.xxx

We're pretty close then. A slight difference in the tyres would be all it would take to make that couple of seconds.
 
There's a lot of time to be had. If it helps I can upload a replay file of a 1:44 so you can compare my lines with yours. Don't be asking for a 1:43, though. I save those for myself.:)

Just for reference purposes I believe the spec miata record at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is 1:45.xxx

It'll be great, thanks.
1:43 its a mental mystery for me, so I don't ask for :)
 
I pulled a 1:42.6 on laguna yesterday
I also won a 6 lap race on laguna in Green Lungz server yesterday by about a 6 second margin (Green Lungz was second)
Mysteriously, the server closed (or i got booted) immediately after
:sly:
 
Practice, practice. 1:44 is what I achieved after a lot of laps. I did 1:43 while racing with wardez...

You just need practice. And doing great time is not important. What is important is how you handle the pressure during the race.

Another subject: we never discussed about the ''light glass kit that is available in the mods. I understood that you can remove the doors glasses and that you MUST removed the soft top and the assembly before racing the real car.
So do we do it or not.
I 'm going soon to buy a 89, when i will have enough credits (and time to earn it). This spec miata race is so addictive :)

If no room already open, I'll open one around 8PM new york time.

Nethereal, where are you living ?
I'm living at ville-st-laurent.

Nurb,
I grew up in Ville St.Laurent for 20 years :)
(Jules Poitras / Deguire)
But I moved away (st.lazare, proche de Hudson) last year
whereabouts in VSL are you?
 
R1600, I bought an '89 last night and my livery is 2CV grey with red Enkei Prodrive-knockoff wheels. Haven't had a chance to buy the parts or drive the car yet - play time is limited which means I will likely be a backmarker.

So Laguna Seca is the semi-official qualifier?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back