GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,240 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome time racing with you guys last night night. Can't wait to get on tonight and do some more. My car is gonna be papaya orange/white. And i can also say i'm gonna have one pissed girlfriend. She never witnessed the amounts i put into forza but come GT Academy time she'll probably give me the boot. lol see you guys tonight.
 
Hey great seeing you again last night Jersey! Funny how it all comes full circle. I'll shoot you a friend requset later today.-

Robbie- aka SpecMeotter aka tt997 here in PS land.
 
Had an awesome time with you guys last night. I didnt register properly as im not on the computer much but I spec'd my car and my friend spec'd his and I will be joining up whenever possible!
 
I don't know what a fast time is, but I was hitting mid 1'07's. Probably a second faster would be decent. Just aim for 1'05's :)

I had a 1:06.8 last night getting a bit of a tow from Egghead and GTP_Vipond in one of the races, quickest I had solo was a 1:07.1 so there is a little gained drafting but not much. Fun racing with everybody last night.
 
Added additional mod for the '91's (windows) to the first post. Also added qualifying information at the bottom of the first post. I chose Autumn Ring Mini Reverse because we will not be using that track in the championship. Shakes things up a bit.

I'll have additional information on how I will be setting up rooms by the end of the week. 👍
 
I didn't see a room so I made one

GTP - Spec Miata
1472 - 6399 - 8451 - 1924 - 8442
 
Oh, and I will be re-opening registration, but we will only be taking the top 32 drivers. (Two rooms) So this qualifying session is to basically race your way into one of the two rooms. :)
 
Are allowed to submit more than one attempt at qualifying?
 
Gotta say thanks to nurburgring for linking me to this forum after I raced with y'all a couple of times. Looking forward to more events and stepping up my game!
 
Just run as many laps as you want until the 18th, then submit your best one. 👍
 
need to build a new one of these to try to race this.....
 
I'll give it a go at some point tonight or tomorrow, but I think in a short time when we get more details about GT Academy I'm probably going to get a 370Z (if that is still the car they plan to use) and practice learning that. Not that I don't love running Spec with you guys online, but the chance to race for real takes priority. ;)
 
I'll give it a go at some point tonight or tomorrow, but I think in a short time when we get more details about GT Academy I'm probably going to get a 370Z (if that is still the car they plan to use) and practice learning that. Not that I don't love running Spec with you guys online, but the chance to race for real takes priority. ;)

This might be a problem for me too, which I didn't think about when I set this up. So if any USA drivers need me to move some things around, let me know.
 
no room open??
1472-6118-4216-8216-1210

LETS RACE!
 
Gotta say thanks to nurburgring for linking me to this forum after I raced with y'all a couple of times. Looking forward to more events and stepping up my game!

Was a great fun for me... as the one this afternoon on Automn mini and laguna with the incredible Zissou and the faster-than-me coco...

I think there is always at least one open room for this Spec mazda. I always check in this thread first, just to be sure before opening one.
 
I pulled a 1:42.6 on laguna yesterday
I also won a 6 lap race on laguna in Green Lungz server yesterday by about a 6 second margin (Green Lungz was second)
Mysteriously, the server closed (or i got booted) immediately after
:sly:

i kept catching up in the corners and you kept pulling on the straights....someone has some non allowed mods....transmission perhaps?
 
Was a great fun for me... as the one this afternoon on Automn mini and laguna with the incredible Zissou and the faster-than-me coco...

I think there is always at least one open room for this Spec mazda. I always check in this thread first, just to be sure before opening one.

I'm fairly confident that Zissou can pull a sub 43 lap at autumn ring mini.

The closest I can get is 43.1xx though. :nervous:

i kept catching up in the corners and you kept pulling on the straights....someone has some non allowed mods....transmission perhaps?

I'm sure with a draft people can pull 1:42's. I know the average right now is high 43's and low 44's, though without a draft.
 
Last edited:
i kept catching up in the corners and you kept pulling on the straights....someone has some non allowed mods....transmission perhaps?

Pulling by himself, of drafting someone?
 
Also, anyone running GT5 on a DSL connection? I just learned that is all I can get at my new apartment, so hoping it's not going to create a problem. :(

Shouldn't be a problem for racing, not sure about hosting. Both ping and throughput on DSL are usually tolerable for online play. What are they claiming the Up/Dn speeds are?


http://www.speedtest.net/global.php#0,1,1,36

If the posts here and on PSN are any indication, you are more likely to have issues because of hardware than you are because of the type of service. There's only one way to find out, and like you said you don't have a choice anyway. ;)
 
Last edited:
I'm fairly confident that Zissou can pull a sub 43 lap at autumn ring mini.

The closest I can get is 43.1xx though. :nervous:



I'm sure with a draft people can pull 1:42's. I know the average right now is high 43's and low 44's, though without a draft.

considering i was ahead, he passed and we stayed and he would PULL AWAY on the STRAIGHTS!!!! I couldn't even draft him!!!!
 
Shouldn't be a problem for racing, not sure about hosting. Both ping and throughput on DSL are usually tolerable for online play. What are they claiming the Up/Dn speeds are?

http://www.speedtest.net/global.php#0,1,1,7

If the posts here and on PSN are any indication, you are more likely to have issues because of hardware than you are because of the type of service. There's only one way to find out, and like you said you don't have a choice anyway. ;)

The top service is 40mbps download, 5mbps upload.
 
second lap at autumn ring today.
f583kw.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a fiber line, at least to the exchange box. "Your results may vary" ™, but @ 5Mbps you shouldn't have a hosting issue due to bandwidth. I've got 23/5 at home through U-Verse (fiber to the exchange box), and can host without issue. I get a good rating from GT5 Online too, but who knows what standards they use.
 
Hey guys, thanks for the fun couple of races today. :cheers:

My first day trying this event and it is everything I hoped it would be! Great fun! Did some free fun at Laguna and ended up with mid 1.43 as my best. I think 1.42 is certainly possible with a bit of practice, but it will have to be a very tidy lap.

See you guys soon :)
 
Alright, new best time for me! 0:42.3xx with no drafting online just now 👍 mabye, just MABYE i can break into 0:41..
 
Sounds like a fiber line, at least to the exchange box. "Your results may vary" ™, but @ 5Mbps you shouldn't have a hosting issue due to bandwidth. I've got 23/5 at home through U-Verse (fiber to the exchange box), and can host without issue. I get a good rating from GT5 Online too, but who knows what standards they use.

Yeah, hopefully. *fingers crossed*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back