GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,240 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

I dropped 25 grand into this car last night and the game saved my spent money but not my mods. Now I gotta spend it all again! :mad:

On the plus side, at least you don't just suck. 👍
 
I just closed Registration (for the time being) until I can update the first post and do some thinking. No registrations below this post will be considered until I re-open registration. (if I do)
 
Wish i would have seen this thread sooner but oh well maybe registrations will open back up. If anyone is online tonight and practicing these cars i would love to get some racing in especially with like minded racers. I f anyone wants to add me i'll be on around 6pm eastern time. PSN=TDRdirtyjersey. Look forward to some good racing.
 
Wish i would have seen this thread sooner but oh well maybe registrations will open back up. If anyone is online tonight and practicing these cars i would love to get some racing in especially with like minded racers. I f anyone wants to add me i'll be on around 6pm eastern time. PSN=TDRdirtyjersey. Look forward to some good racing.

I'll add you. What colors?

Edit: GrahamTurismo and Duke, need your colors. 👍
 
I'll add you. What colors?

Edit: GrahamTurismo and Duke, need your colors. 👍

Gotta buy the car and outfit it, but I will get that to you ASAP. I'm actually going to print the first page and take it home so I can see what's taken already.

Thanks, and as I said, if you get a lieutenant or two to help share the stewarding, feel free to start a new account and give them (and ONLY them) the login details. We don't mind very limited account sharing like that - just let us know who the people helping out are so we can keep tabs on it.

If you get that sorted, you may want to start some separate threads once the events start, and maybe one for the qualifier. That's entirely up to you, however.
 
Seeing as the practice lobby will close in 20 min or so, i am starting one when its over.
 
Gotta buy the car and outfit it, but I will get that to you ASAP. I'm actually going to print the first page and take it home so I can see what's taken already.

Duke,
You could always choose one now and paint later. You shouldn't have any trouble, but let me know if you need a chip or something (no, you cant have my matte pink!). :dopey:
 
I got a Matte Blue chip last night. Might just end up changing my color.
 
Had the greatest race of all my times with Wardez, together for almost 4 laps, overtaking each other all the time. Cleanest racer I've seen, this race was a blast !

My heart was beating so hard... :)

Anyone knows how I had a nice red dot in the middle of my car ?
Power was gone... It came after I spun but didn't touch the wall or any other cars.
 
Last edited:
what gear ratios are you running?
 
Gotta buy the car and outfit it, but I will get that to you ASAP. I'm actually going to print the first page and take it home so I can see what's taken already.

Thanks, and as I said, if you get a lieutenant or two to help share the stewarding, feel free to start a new account and give them (and ONLY them) the login details. We don't mind very limited account sharing like that - just let us know who the people helping out are so we can keep tabs on it.

If you get that sorted, you may want to start some separate threads once the events start, and maybe one for the qualifier. That's entirely up to you, however.

What he said. I'll post my colors when i get home this evening. At work right now. Thanks by the way. Also i'm NTSC.
 
Last edited:
what gear ratios are you running?

Transmission must remain stock. If you don't see a modification listed on the first post, consider it illegal.
 
You could put me in for yellow/silver for now until I decide if I'm gonna change it.
 
Raced with Nurburg and Wardez under my primary, CoconutComa. It was a blast. Wardez and I pretty much battled for 15 straight laps. I can tell from looking in the mirror it was definitely taking it's toll on the the two of us with us pulling 1:45's consistently with no assists and ABS at 1.
 
Just a friendly reminder that I'm sticking with Splash Green Mica as my color, please update and thanks in advance!

I had a great time running Laguna Seca with all the guys that showed up to Graham's room. I got a good feel for how the competition's gonna go down and it should be great.

We just gotta lay down some training if anyone feels like they're crashing out too much or not able to stay behind someone cleanly while trying to pass.
There's a few guys out there that are true forces to be reckoned with, it's gonna be exciting.

If anyone wants to learn some basic racecraft just ask anyone, they'll do lead and follow with you and show you the parts of the track where you can and absolutely can not pass. I'd be happy to show anyone as well, Add me PSN: Wardez

Thanks for working on this Turbo.
 
Oh you've been added, bro!👍
 
good racing out there today. Won both practice races the five lapper and the 11 lapper =) granted I DID cut some corners on the first race I was just messing around sorry GTP_Nurburg <3
INTENSE battle for second with Wardez for like the entire race and ended up passing and taking the victory ^_^
Hopefully I can join in on the series, I posted on the first page but still don't see myself listed in the roster =/ oh wellz.
Either way just one more time

GTP ID = Oops2low
Car = 89 midnight pearl (dark purp) with Bronze TE37s (my previous miata entry had a built motor and I realized I couldn't unequip the engine builds so had to build a whole new miata for this challenge)
PSN = Green_Lungz
Location = NTSC, FL USA
 
Yeah lungz it was funny battling that green gold, or whatever, toward the end :D.

Oh yeah and something I sort of noticed: it seems that the '89 Miatas are just a bit faster than the '91 Japanese specials for some reason. The '89 is just a bit lighter so I guess that might edge it out or something.


I look forward to having another session with you guys. Me and Phill Hill over there will have our own endurance challenge going down, hah.
 
Hopefully I can join in on the series, I posted on the first page but still don't see myself listed in the roster =/ oh wellz.

Added. 👍
 
Oh yeah and something I sort of noticed: it seems that the '89 Miatas are just a bit faster than the '91 Japanese specials for some reason. The '89 is just a bit lighter so I guess that might edge it out or something.

Well, thanks for that - at my weight, I need all the help I can get... :scared:
 
Yeah the 89' cars are lighter by a reasonable amount and cheaper too! go figure.
Just started a room
1472-6118-3701-4254-8127
gtplanet spec miata
join in!
 
Seems like that extra 22lbs is making a difference?

Anyone know what the difference is between the stage 2, and stage 3 weight reductions?
 
A carbon hood is 10kg, or 22lbs.
 
Not going to do the hood.
 
If anyone wants to learn some basic racecraft just ask anyone, they'll do lead and follow with you and show you the parts of the track where you can and absolutely can not pass.

Thank you wardez. 1 quick word of advice to new drivers Dont out-brake to the point of having to leave the track Also, corners where you dont have to or barely have to brake can cause problems do to the high speed. start with slowere corners and work your way up.
 
Im putting my info because i'd like to be an alternate.
also, i think it should run in Heats with top X qualifying for the official race
gives everyone a chance and will improve the overall quality of the official race

either way, building up my miata atm and joining any games avail in 10-15mins for some fun

Nethereal (Nethereal) [NTSC] White/Gray
 
Yes there is a noteworthy difference in the 10 kilo difference in the 89 bs 91. I built both cars, used the same setup, and couldn't get close to my '89 ghost. I'm not sure why, but when I did an oil change on both cars the 89 came up 2hp more as well. Weird.

I'll be on tonight as well and will open a room if one of you guys doesn't have one already.
 
If someone is playing right now and can check the difference between the Stage 2 and Stage 3 weight reductions on the '91, I might have a solution. If not, it'll have to wait until tonight.
 
I hope more PAL people join, really like the look of this.
 
Damn this update is asking forever. About to build one up and hop on for some practice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back