GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
...sorry for messing up R before starting i accidentaly presed exit to pits so i let everyone pass l8er

I was wondering how you got ahead of me on the grid :confused:

Thanks for pulling over right away so I could get back closer to where I qualified. It all worked out by the first turn anyways 👍

Had another nice close race with iamjamen today. He left the door a bit open in T1 a few times, but it's so hard to capitalize on little mistakes at this track! I just sat behind and nudged him along a bit on the back straight, then I'd make a mistake and have to catch back up using the draft. I had a look a couple times, but couldn't make a pass stick.
Finally things got a bit messy as we both tried to get passed some lapped traffic in the last hairpin, and I dropped just out of the reach of the draft.

iamjamen had a solid race, and earned a well deserved win :gtpflag:
 
Sorry I couldnt make it today guys! From the looks of things it was another successful race in the books. Graham, sorry to hear about your Academy and wheel issues. : ( But how come you waited so long to put in time for it??? I got up to #55 a few days ago in the west region, and fell all the way back to #98 today. I was 2nd fastest with the controller which I'm pretty happy about, since I know I have a zero % shot at advancing past the next round. Some of the guys in this competition are just nutty fast.
 
I waited so long because I got wrapped up in a spec series. :rolleyes: (Oh, and that whole lost-my-save-and-had-to-start-over-from-scratch-and-re-earn-60-license-golds-for-my-pride)

But honestly, I should have put more time in. Although... it worked out well, just not well enough. I was not fast enough to claim a top spot like you and many of the other guys here, so I knew I couldn't get a comfortable time and leave it at that. The best way for me was to bust my ass at the last minute to make sure I had a good time, otherwise get bumped back down the charts. It happened enough as it is; I placed at some point today with a good lap and after 5 minutes of trying a couple more laps I was already knocked down 10 spots.
 
I waited so long because I got wrapped up in a spec series. :rolleyes: (Oh, and that whole lost-my-save-and-had-to-start-over-from-scratch-and-re-earn-60-license-golds-for-my-pride)

But honestly, I should have put more time in. Although... it worked out well, just not well enough. I was not fast enough to claim a top spot like you and many of the other guys here, so I knew I couldn't get a comfortable time and leave it at that. The best way for me was to bust my ass at the last minute to make sure I had a good time, otherwise get bumped back down the charts. It happened enough as it is; I placed at some point today with a good lap and after 5 minutes of trying a couple more laps I was already knocked down 10 spots.
Ouch that sucks. I could give you my GTR GT academy if that helps soften the sting a bit?

Also sorry Turbo for the no call no show yesterday i was sick with the flu and it didn't hit me that I could of sent you a PSN PM. I thought I would have to put a post on the PC and I didn't want to get out of bed lol (or turn off the game...)
 
Finally things got a bit messy as we both tried to get passed some lapped traffic in the last hairpin, and I dropped just out of the reach of the draft.

I have to take the blame on that one, I went way to wide trying to get out of your way and that grass is no joke.

Man I wish that race could have gone just another 30 seconds longer. Tsnacks and notmychoice got held up by the AI and I was catching them on the back stretch, it would have been such a cool finish for us three had we got to finish the lap, I'm thinking it would have been some three wide action to the finish, but it ended just as I started catching them.

I think the worst part of my day was that spin during qualifying. I hit that curbing on the last hairpin and I was just thinking to my self it's going around and sure enough it did. I was so mad at myself, but oh well, there's always next week.
 
I would like to get in on this series. When is the next time you guys are running?
 
I would like to get in on this series. When is the next time you guys are running?

Schedule is in first post, as well as allowed modifications.
 
Just thought I would put a quick note in here.

Remember that the last race of the season is actually Laguna Seca. The Trial Mountain race is for final points positions for the top 16 drivers. So anyone hovering around the 16th points position should keep in mind that you have to be in the top 16 in points to be eligible for that race. 👍
 
Looks like I better be practicing Laguna Seca pretty hard so I can get a good finish and stay in 16th. Man now I see how the "Go or Go Home" drivers in Nascar feel....LOL
 
Ouch that sucks. I could give you my GTR GT academy if that helps soften the sting a bit?
Nah man it's fine. Besides... didn't you see I said I had to re-earn 60 golds. Meaning I got them all (both times); so I got that GT-R, I'd love to get my hands on that Academy Z though. I have heard it's one of the rarest cars in the game but I've also read that you can get it through a Lvl 12 ticket. I don't have those yet as I haven't completed the Amateur series in A or B spec. I AM thoroughly disappointed that the car can be had this way though. It should have been a DLC gift to those who participated in the Academy [and ungiftable, like the other DLC cars] so people wouldn't dupe the heck out of it.
 
You saw my chrome GT Academy 370Z at the Ring. :)

I traded somebody for a red one and immediately painted it the factory black to match the actual car. 👍
 
I traded somebody for a red one and immediately painted it the factory black to match the actual car. 👍


How and where can i get the 370Z? Does it have the wing?
 
How and where can i get the 370Z? Does it have the wing?

I heard you win it from either a level 12 ticket, or by winning some B-Spec thing. Not sure exactly. I traded a Castrol NSX for it. I know the GT Academy GT-R can be won by getting golds on your S License.
 
Thanks, will have to take a look see. I know that i didn't get it with the level 12 ticket, so will look a the b-spec car list again.
 
Room up:

1472-4710-9866-6903-1611
 
I'll jump in when I get home if it's still open.
 
I'll have an official practice room open tonight. Depending on our turnout for Laguna Seca, it may or may not be the last race of the season.
 
Turbo your signature is wrong, FYI. It says "Race 4"
 
I'll have an official practice room open tonight. Depending on our turnout for Laguna Seca, it may or may not be the last race of the season.

👍

Count me in :dopey:
 
I am not going to lie, I kinda don't want to wait before starting season 2. I personally don't find the IS-F RM to be that tasty of an automobile to drive. Too bad, guess I'll have to wait.

Maybe I'll bump the power and shed some weight on the roadster and see how much faster it is around the same tracks we ran in season 1.

I am just bored at work and rambling. My 1:30 meeting was cancelled and now I am wasting time until my 3:00 meeting. I should eat something.

Edit: Anyone know how much power the '89 makes with all three NA tunes completed?
 
I am not going to lie, I kinda don't want to wait before starting season 2. I personally don't find the IS-F RM to be that tasty of an automobile to drive. Too bad, guess I'll have to wait.

Maybe I'll bump the power and shed some weight on the roadster and see how much faster it is around the same tracks we ran in season 1.

I am just bored at work and rambling. My 1:30 meeting was cancelled and now I am wasting time until my 3:00 meeting. I should eat something.

Edit: Anyone know how much power the '89 makes with all three NA tunes completed?

Twiddle your thumbs? 💡


:lol:
 
I am not going to lie, I kinda don't want to wait before starting season 2. I personally don't find the IS-F RM to be that tasty of an automobile to drive. Too bad, guess I'll have to wait.

Maybe I'll bump the power and shed some weight on the roadster and see how much faster it is around the same tracks we ran in season 1.

I am just bored at work and rambling. My 1:30 meeting was cancelled and now I am wasting time until my 3:00 meeting. I should eat something.

Edit: Anyone know how much power the '89 makes with all three NA tunes completed?

Bring the Ps3 to work? PSP GT?
 
room is up:

1472-6681-3200-9595-1950
 
I had to give my daughter her TV back. I had a nice little set up for a while, her 19 inch TV on my desk with the wheel attached but her room finally got painted so she's back in and I gave her tv back. So now I have to wait until everyone goes to bed or is done watching TV to get on the PS3, so I'll be on late if you guys are still on.
 
I'll be in as soon as I put the car through a "refresher".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back