GTP Sportcars Series - SNAIL Official Team

• Thread starter FlipJ
  • 238 comments
Ok, I'll sort it out with AJ. I have no status, as I've never driven with them, and we need to confirm all of yours.

Sent FR to all, have a club set up already, just waiting to send out invites.

Almost done figuring out stuff with the powers to be. Then going to make big recruiting push and finish out the roster and what we are going to be able to run and all that.

Awesome. If your on at anytime today i'll be on running some cars on different tracks and tuning at the same time as well.

I am considering this but want to know more about it before I commit. Such as the platinum, gold, silver and bronze rankings of the drivers.

What we can sign up will depend on the drivers we get, so it's hard to say at the moment.
I'm going to do a last push for drivers this week and then see where we stand.
You'd be a great addition, Jam.

Hey any other news for our team?
I have looked at the Regs in the official thread and I realize that the highest class we can race in is LMP2 as we have Bronze drivers and the higher classes don't allow for Bronze at all.

Hey any other news for our team?
I have looked at the Regs in the official thread and I realize that the highest class we can race in is LMP2 as we have Bronze drivers and the higher classes don't allow for Bronze at all.

Firstly, sorry for the silence, had some family things to take care of.

Second, yes, that's about right. We are going to have to, in the first year, race in the lower categories a bit to get the team built up to a LPM1 challenge. But that's to be expected, as in real life, we will have to prove we belong.
And I'm certain that we will do just that and show everyone what it means to race SNAIL (LP version).

Got a logo for the team ready (finally).

Also sent messages to make a final driver recruitment push.

If all goes well, we can have the team finalised by the beginning of next week and from then on, we can start planning for real.

Got a logo for the team ready (finally).

Also sent messages to make a final driver recruitment push.

If all goes well, we can have the team finalised by the beginning of next week and from then on, we can start planning for real.
Sounds good hopefully we can get a few people:)
If you would like to you can post in the GT1 Thread as we have some good racers there

Sounds good hopefully we can get a few people:)
If you would like to you can post in the GT1 Thread as we have some good racers there

You think that would be cool with the powers to be (who I have no idea who they are)?

Sounds good. Also you should give the GT1 series a try it really helps with tire control over a period of time.

Sounds good. Also you should give the GT1 series a try it really helps with tire control over a period of time.

Wednesdays are a bit hard for me, that's why I haven't gotten into it yet.

My interest are peaked. Please consider me for the team. You know I have been with SNAIL several years as a regular.

I'm fully aware of who you are, Xrad, as I've learned quite a bit from you in practice rooms, while unsuccessfully trying to keep up.
If you are willing, we would be delighted to have you on board. Actually "delighted" might not be enough praise for it. Excited like a 10 year old on Christmas morning might be a better description.

Now we are talking!

Ok, that means we have 5 people confirmed, a few others I'm dealing with via PMs and I think we just found our Andre Lotterer, our standard bearer. With Robbie and Xrad, I think SNAIL Endurance Racing Team is going to be juuuuust fine.

I'm updating our roster post!

Woop woop.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll get there. Maybe we already found him and we just don't know it.

Maybe it's you, Jake, who will lead us to multiple LMP1 wins in the coming seasons!

Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll get there. Maybe we already found him and we just don't know it.

Maybe it's you, Jake, who will lead us to multiple LMP1 wins in the coming seasons!
Haha the only thing I am quite good at is tuning:)

No one is, thankfully. Or else watching Le Mans would be boring as hell...
Yeah that is true. But I don't think I could match Mr Le Mans
As I am American and no one likes an American in WEC:D

This looks like an interesting series, I would like to join but I am confused about the running times.
What level/class of drivers are you looking for?
What category would your team be running in?
How do you figure out the date and times to run?

Depending on the drivers we get, we will figure out in which categories to race in, as they minimums and maximums. Once the driver list is set, we'll decide what we can and what we want to run.
The calendar is posted on the first page, but right now, it's more of a curiosity than anything, as we don't know where we can get in.
And we aren't looking for any particular class of driver, we simply want people that will commit so that we don't thave o forfeit any races and race clean and have fun.

Back