GTP Sportcars Series - SNAIL Official Team

• Thread starter FlipJ
  • 238 comments
I can't imagine it's a big deal to use it, the info was to get passed around to the team to test it anyways, I'm sure we're not the only ones with this information

I can't imagine it's a big deal to use it, the info was to get passed around to the team to test it anyways, I'm sure we're not the only ones with this information

Can you just confirm which LMP1s are in? We only get the manufacturers in that list, don't want to put up a wrong model somewhere.

Audi R18
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP
Nissan GT-R NISMO LM?
Toyota TS030

These are my guesses

We are going to avoid that GT-R LM like the plague for as long as I can. That thing sucks in real life and in the game.
Kill it with fire. Then bury it deep, concrete the plot around it, make it a tight container and nuke it.

It almost broke my wheel during GTAcademy.

We are going to avoid that GT-R LM like the plague for as long as I can. That thing sucks in real life and in the game.
Kill it with fire. Then bury it deep, concrete the plot around it, make it a tight container and nuke it.

It almost broke my wheel during GTAcademy.
Haha. Yeah that car sucks to much power for the front wheels. And it is so wonky on te straights it isn't even funny.

If it had succeed in real life, I could put up with it. Considering it not only failed spectacularly, but it lead to Darren Cox getting fired, I'd say that car can go to hell.

If theres one car in that lineup I'd drive, it would be the Audi, love them, own one. They handle like a dream and sound beautiful

2016 Update

- The Ascari 6 Hour has been cancelled, the London 12 Hour will take its date. QP sessions for 24 Hours of Daytona have been rescheduled.

- Silverstone 4 Hour race duration has been increased to 6 Hours, and will now use the National Circuit.

- Silverstone 10 Hour will now use the International Circuit.

- All 12 'Le Mans' inspired events have been put on hold until further notice. More details to follow.

- 40 franchises will be allocated in the following classes; GT500, GT300, GT3 PRO, GT3 AM, TCN-1, TCN-2.

- Confirmation that all 40 franchises will have the right to enter a team in all VW Fun Cup events.

- A select number of teams will be offered a 2nd franchise for their work on the 2016 BoP over the past 3 months.

- 7 GT500 and GT300 teams will be invited to take part in the DP & GTLM classes for the 24 Hours of Daytona as a one off event, in addition to the 2015 Overall Winner (Team Wise Racing). GT3 AM will be renamed GTD for this event only, and it will remain a normal championship event for that class.

- For 24 Hours of Daytona and 25 Hours of Spa, teams may consist of up to 5 drivers.

- The Driver Rating Limits and Driving Time Limits have been swapped for TCN-1 & TCN-2.

- Teams will be notified of which class they have been allocated to by the end of the week. Team Owners will then be asked to nominate a Team Manager for that franchise. Team Mangers can be changed at any time, subject to approval.

- Class Team Mangers will then be asked to confirm final approval of that class' BoP before being allocated their Car and Racing Number.

*Posted by AJ on the Promoter Notice board

Live announcement of the 2016 GTPlanet Endurance Franchise Announcement:

LIVE NOW.

We've been assigned to TCN-2 (FWD)

Choices:

477 - 300 - 0980 - Honda Integra Type R DC5 TC
489 - 335 - 1120 - VW Scirocco GT24

Last edited:
Live announcement of the 2016 GTPlanet Endurance Franchise Announcement:

LIVE NOW.

We've been assigned to TCN-2 (FWD)

Choices:

478 - 300 - 1140 - BMW 320i Touring Car '03
477 - 300 - 0980 - Honda Integra Type R DC5 TC
485 - 305 - 1220 - Lexus CCS-R
474 - 300 - 1155 - Renault Sport Megane Trophy
482 - 330 - 1100 - Toyota GT86 Race Car - Isn't this RWD?
489 - 335 - 1120 - VW Scirocco GT24

He just said the Integra and the Scirocco are the ones available to us.

And i would take the Scirocco over the Honda

Just looked at the TCN calendar, some veeery long races ahead of us gents, You guys are going to have a blast!

Congrats guys, been interesting to watch the formation of a team unfold as it has - hope you get assigned the car you want - and hope you enjoy the racing Good luck from Rono of the Reapers :gtpflag:
Thank you sir for the wishes and hopefully things go your way.
Best of luck from the youngen of the SNAILs

Ok, fellas, this is it, we are in.
You are now the proud representatives and standard bearers of SNAIL before the best GTPlanet has to offer.
Let's show them what SNAIL is all about and what we are made of.

As predicted, we start from the bottom, TCN-2, hopefully with the Scirocco.
If we get the Integra, we drive the crap out of it too.
But, even if it's the bottom in terms of categories, the tracks we are going to are anything but. Bathurst, Nürburgring (x2), Silverstone. That's a fearsome group of tracks, especially since we are going to the Green Hell for a 24 hour race.
We will go, we will see and we will conquer.

There's a community set up for the team, so whoever doesn't have me as a friend on PSN, please add me so I can send invites out. That will probably be the easiest way to set up training sessions and whatever else we need.
Also, we are going to have to set up communication lines with everyone, so I would ask that you all send me your contact info via direct message. Mother and Father's home numbers are not necessary but welcome. Everything else is a must. We are going to try out Skype or any other solution for immediate communication and I would like to set something up with instant messaging as well, unless anyone has an issue with it. But I would like to be able to reach people without going through a bunch of hoops, if at all possible, as once we get to racing, it's going to be indispensable that we can find each other fast.
If I sometimes use those methods to send links to videos of old Lancias and/or Nürburgring laps, well, you will all have to excuse me beforehand. I'll try to keep those to a minimum.

If anyone has an impediment regarding any of those dates, please let me know as soon as you can (or as soon as the impediment is born). Knowing in advance will go a long way towards making sure we have no last minute desperation situations.

Rules and Regulations:
GTP Endurance is filled with rules, obviously.
I am preparing a cheat sheet so that everyone doesn't have to read the whole thing, but we are going to have at least one online meeting where we discuss these and ask all questions that you guys might have.
I'm going to try to bring in one experienced Endurance driver to help out as well.
If anyone wants to read it, it's obviously a plus.

Tuning:
Jake, marching orders are set for you, my friend, work your magic.

Once Jake has sent out his tunes, everyone will have to take it the tracks in our calendar and see how they feel about it, reporting back to him. For those that haven't used his tunes before, he's very very good and his tunes are generally universally approved, but each driver has his own style and subtle changes can be made to the cars to fit these, but let's use his knowledge to the max.

Testing:
We are going to train a lot of driver changes. This is a critical part of actual endurance racing and it's just as important in this series, especially because there CANNOT be any overlap of two drivers of the same team in the room, but we also don't want to screw around and lose time so that we don't risk overlap.
Just because we are a rookie team, doesn't mean we are going in with training wheels on. We are hitting the ground running hard.

We will also have training sessions where we can discuss techniques and tips around each track, so that everyone has a chance to learn and to share whatever secrets they uncover.
No question is stupid in these and no information is irrelevant.
From top to bottom, everyone here is a quality driver and will be expected to be ready to drive all tracks.

Finally
I'm very excited about this. Although I was caught up in some BS today (aka work) and couldn't catch the announcements live, I was on pins and needles about it and am glad about the result.
So let's make the most of this and have some fun while competing and chasing some wins.
And if anyone can't drive the Nürburgring with eyes closed yet, get ready, because it looks like we are going to live in that place this year.
I'll do my best to make sure you guys can all do your best on track.
Let's do this.

Schedule of Events (not yet confirmed):
March 19 (Qualifying)
March 20 (Race)
Bathurst 6 Hours (Mount Panorama)
*Run with TCN-1

May 13-14 (Qualifying)
May 21(Race)
24 Hours Nürburgring (Nürburgring combined circuit [sic])
*Run with GT3 Pro and TCN-1

June 10 (Qualifying)
June 12 (Race)
Silverstone 10 Hours (Grand Prix Circuit)
* Run with TCN-1

September 10 (Qualifying)
September 11 (Race)
6 Hour Ruhr-Pokal-Rennen (Nürburgring Type V)
*Run with GT3 AM

@RobbiefromBC @CoachMK21 @Jakedog23 @Sedia3 @goofytyler @o8_jedi @Xradkins

Congrats guys, been interesting to watch the formation of a team unfold as it has - hope you get assigned the car you want - and hope you enjoy the racing Good luck from Rono of the Reapers :gtpflag:

Thank you, Rono.
We are excited to be included in the GTPlanet Sportscar Series.
We'll be seeing you and your team on track on the 24 Hours of the Nürburgring!
Good luck to you and your team as well.
Flip

Back