GTP Sportcars Series - SNAIL Official Team

• Thread starter FlipJ
  • 238 comments
That or GTE-Am
As I have good tuning experience with those cars. Not saying I can't tune the other classes though:)

umm this might seem like a silly question but what are the car specs and lists?? I can't seem to find any anywhere..

After chatting with @FlipJ, I'd like to be a part of the team. I might not be able to go full out at any time slot, but I'd like to do what I can.

According to the interwebs, I'm the most desirable driver, Silver. Maybe not the most, since underrated Silver is the most :)

After chatting with @FlipJ, I'd like to be a part of the team. I might not be able to go full out at any time slot, but I'd like to do what I can.

According to the interwebs, I'm the most desirable driver, Silver. Maybe not the most, since underrated Silver is the most :)
Your name is in, Coach. Welcome aboard.

I would also be part of the team, if my team application isn't accepted.

Harsk, I need to clear that with the powers at GTP Endurance because I'm not sure what happens if your team gets in and you're on our roster. Or, conversely, if we can add you later. I'll check and get back to you on that.

I've been looking through everything but am still wondering about the event format. How does it work? How does an event work? How much of a time commitment does it take for an event? Where do I find all the details? I've been in endurance leagues before but they were 2 hours max. Thats about the most time I can commit in a day.

Well, depends on the driver category and event length, but basically it works as a real life endurance event would.
So let's take a 6 hour race, for instance, where you have 1 Silver and 2 Bronze drivers. There's a limit on how much the Silver can drive and a minimum of how much the Bronzes must drive.
I'll not deal with qualifying at the moment, just the race.
Simplified version:
You start however you'd like, Bronze or Silver at the wheel.
Driver A does his stint and, when he's about to be done, he goes into the pits for a normal pit stop, typing DC in the chat. He then takes a picture of the screen and exits the room and Driver B gets in. After the "pit stop" time is done, Driver B takes off to do his stint and repeats the procedure until the race is over.
That's the basic.

Depending on the length of the race, you have more than one stint, obviously.

The team stays in contact so that people can be told when their stints are coming up, but until you are up and once you are done, you can turn off the game and go do something else.
Usually people will try to follow everything, since it's your team racing, most other teams use Skype or any other VOIP solution for this.
Team Manager is responsible for getting everyone in position, making sure no one enters the room until they are supposed to, etc.

If you can only do 2 hours a day, we could certainly work around that if it's the case.

We are not going to go insane and institute martial law for this, we are going to take it easy on Year 1 and simply learn how to do it while trying to compete as best we can. There will be some bumps and bruises, but with a little bit of patience and a lot of organisation, we should be A-OK.

If anyone can't race in a particular weekend, we'll figure it out. It should be about 1 weekend a month for each event, so you'd do qualy (usually in a different day than the race) and then race.
That's it.

Looking good guys. I just want to add I have been looking for a team and feel this is going to be great. I am fully committed and always available to drive. As for ranking level, tell me how and when and I'll demonstrate my driving skill to whom ever. Email or PM any info to get all requirements needed out of the way. Let's get ready to race!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm interested in running in this. That being said, I'm not rated yet so don't make anything official. Just very intrigued at this point.

Hey @FlipJ a suggestion for the Driver Roster is maybe out their class rank next to there name so it will make it a little easier to plan stuff out.

Looking good guys. I just want to add I have been looking for a team and feel this is going to be great. I am fully committed and always available to drive. As for ranking level, tell me how and when and I'll demonstrate my driving skill to whom ever. Email or PM any info to get all requirements needed out of the way. Let's get ready to race!

We'll get on that soon.

Hey @FlipJ a suggestion for the Driver Roster is maybe out their class rank next to there name so it will make it a little easier to plan stuff out.

I'm waiting for official word on a couple of rated drivers for that. Everyone else will likely be branded Rookie and, as Robbie said, have to prove where they belong on track.

I getting excited for the season to start l. I'm already getting prepared tobtest out cars and see what i can do in each car.

For those that have done this before or have looked up the history:

Are there certain specific cars that have been used several times. Meaning, are there some cars that we can pretty much guarantee will be in the 2016 season?

Are there certain specific cars that have been used several times. Meaning, are there some cars that we can pretty much guarantee will be in the 2016 season?
The Peugoet 908:)

We should get more info before the month is out, including cars. So the wait is not going to be long.

But yes, the 908 is likely staying.

I've been involved in the balancing of the cars for this season, (Mostly lurking because I have had no time to contribute) I'll get you guys a list of cars in various classes in a bit.

Here ya go

LM P1

High 3m22s

Proposed LM P1 Le Mans RACE

AUD = 585 bhp - 900 kg - RS
NIS = 634 bhp - 880 kg - RH
PUG = 585 bhp - 930 kg - RS
TOY = 530 bhp - 900 kg - RS

Proposed LM P1 Le Mans QP

AUD = 585 bhp - 900 kg - RS
NIS = 535 bhp - 880 kg - RS
PUG = 585 bhp - 930 kg - RS
TOY = 530 bhp - 900 kg - RS

LM P2

High 3m36s

Proposed LM P2 Le Mans RACE & QP

RS - 425 - 950 - Audi R8 '01
RS - 440 - 950 - Audi R8 '05
RS - 416 - 950 - Courage C60 Judd
RS - 418 - 950 - Courage C60 Peugeot
RS - 385 - 900 - Gibson 015S NISSAN

LM GTE

High 3m54s

Proposed LM GTE Le Mans RACE & QP

470 + 1245 = M3 = BMW E92 M3 2010 (please check other two versions are identical)
480 + 1290 = C6 = Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
435 + 1280 = GT = Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
415 + 1190 = Z4 = BMW Z4 GT3 '11
450 + 1270 = ZR = Pagani Zonda R '09
GT3

Proposed RACE & QP

490 - 1350 - Audi R8 LMS ULTRA
465 - 1350 - Audi R8 LMS ULTRA TP
460 - 1350 - Audi R8 LMS TO '10
460 - 1325 - BMW Z4 GT3
460 - 1350 - BMW Vision GT
470 - 1290 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car '06