GTP Sportcars Series - SNAIL Official Team

• Thread starter FlipJ
  • 238 comments
ahhhh gotcha. So when do we find out our car?

No date yet, we'll know soon.
Once we respond to the BoP, it probably helps to speed it up.

Captura de Tela 2015-12-18 às 18.58.13.png

This is the settings table for them. No ABS, no TCS, no ASM.
It's a man's world out there.

No date yet, we'll know soon.
Once we respond to the BoP, it probably helps to speed it up.

View attachment 493449

This is the settings table for them. No ABS, no TCS, no ASM.
It's a man's world out there.
Just drove both cars bone stock on Bathurst. The Honda is quick but a little jumpy on the corners but can take them quick. The VW is very stable and handles like a dream, even has a turbo but its feels almost sluggish and it downshifts really nice. Driving both i got a 1 second faster lap withe the VW than the Honda. Both have great potential and will be great when tuned right.

I have a room at the Endurance Team Club (invites sent, only one missing is @Xradkins, FR sent to him) for testing purposes.
I bought new cars, as the Scirroco I had was used for SNAIL and had an oil change. The Integra was in even worse shape, after being used for unholy purposes before.

I have a room at the Endurance Team Club (invites sent, only one missing is @Xradkins, FR sent to him) for testing purposes.
I bought new cars, as the Scirroco I had was used for SNAIL and had an oil change. The Integra was in even worse shape, after being used for unholy purposes before.
Haha very funny:)

Also i did some testing on the Nurb 24 and discovered these things
  • The VW is almost 2 seconds faster stock
  • The Integra has better stock brakes that don't lock up as fast
  • The Integra in my mind is smoother and doesn't burn the tires on corner exit unlike the VW which does
  • The VW can be pitched a little better into a corner

Finished running a few 10 lap stints at Bathurst.

At first, the Integra was faster by about .4.
Changed the 6th gear on the VW and it became .5 faster.
Tyre wear is worse on the VW, couldn't really tell in regards to fuel – will do longer stints on them to jugde.

Will still run the Nürb 24 tomorrow and see what happens.
@Jakedog23, I felt a very pronounced difference in how much I could trail break, in favour of the Integra. Did you feel anything in that regard?

But, as the BoP is concerned, I guess they are pretty similar, I would say Aye for it as it stands.

Finished running a few 10 lap stints at Bathurst.

At first, the Integra was faster by about .4.
Changed the 6th gear on the VW and it became .5 faster.
Tyre wear is worse on the VW, couldn't really tell in regards to fuel – will do longer stints on them to jugde.

Will still run the Nürb 24 tomorrow and see what happens.
@Jakedog23, I felt a very pronounced difference in how much I could trail break, in favour of the Integra. Did you feel anything in that regard?

But, as the BoP is concerned, I guess they are pretty similar, I would say Aye for it as it stands.
for the VW does it matter if its base model or VW Motorsport edition?

Yes, we will.
I have Xmas lunch in a few hours (sister is travelling so we're celebrating early), but I'll be back home later in the day and will be in the club (I think everyone has an invite now). Will make the room public because not everyone has joined the club yet (and it's annoying because you have to go to the computer, blah blah blah). So either find it through the club or via open lobby.

Yesterday I made a public club and got two TNR drivers in, Filo and Revolution. Filo was there a bit longer with just me and we talked about the series a bit, then Coach came in as well.
Also an Australian was there (we were at Bathurst) and he got pissed because I wouldn't shut up talking with Coach about the cars.
It was funny.

Yes, we will.
I have Xmas lunch in a few hours (sister is travelling so we're celebrating early), but I'll be back home later in the day and will be in the club (I think everyone has an invite now). Will make the room public because not everyone has joined the club yet (and it's annoying because you have to go to the computer, blah blah blah). So either find it through the club or via open lobby.

Yesterday I made a public club and got two TNR drivers in, Filo and Revolution. Filo was there a bit longer with just me and we talked about the series a bit, then Coach came in as well.
Also an Australian was there (we were at Bathurst) and he got pissed because I wouldn't shut up talking with Coach about the cars.
It was funny.

That was funny. He typed in, "please stop talking", and @FlipJ was like "No, I will not." Simple, but really funny. I'm not sure I'll be on during the day today, but I should be tonight and tomorrow evening (not racing the Sunday night series).

That was funny. He typed in, "please stop talking", and @FlipJ was like "No, I will not." Simple, but really funny. I'm not sure I'll be on during the day today, but I should be tonight and tomorrow evening (not racing the Sunday night series).

The room name had "Testing" on it. What did he expect?
It was funny afterwards because Filo came out of the pits in the Integra while I was catching him coming down the S/F line and we were both on his ass going down the second straight and I think he panicked and crashed out going down the straight...

Earlier this morning, I took the Honda out for 6 laps at Bathurst. I added the 30kg ballast, Stage 2 engine mod and detuned to 300 HP. I found the car to handle better as a whole and especially for me in the 2 spots I struggle with. Which are starting to head down the mountain on the R, L, R, L section and the L prior to the long straight down the hill.

My lap times for each car after about 6 laps:
VW 2:21.9
Honda: 2:18.7

Earlier this morning, I took the Honda out for 6 laps at Bathurst. I added the 30kg ballast, Stage 2 engine mod and detuned to 300 HP. I found the car to handle better as a whole and especially for me in the 2 spots I struggle with. Which are starting to head down the mountain on the R, L, R, L section and the L prior to the long straight down the hill.

I'll have to try that, I have struggle on same area the bump send me airborne and into the wall

Good luck to you guys. I won't personally see you on track cuz I'm in GT500, but best wishes to a great season

I

I believe that's called The Chase

Back