GTP Sportscar: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 589 comments
So with the game being delayed anyway, we at least could have had Beta to test in the meantime, giving then an excuse for the (always inevitable) delay.
Man we could have done so much running on GTS Beta by now, would have been fantastic.
Since when would it be that simple? :P :lol:

The problem is that you need to pay to play online on PS4. You have to be a member of PS Plus.

The problem is that you need to pay to play online on PS4. You have to be a member of PS Plus.
Think in the long run this is going to benefit us long time GT fans. I can only imagine, (please understand that my operating system doesn't run with PD logic), that this cost will serve to improve the online playability of GT, I for one will have less patience for PD idiosyncrasies where online play is concerned.

The word on my end is saying that GT Sport is more like a Prologue than a full game, which explains a lot of the lack of implimentations from previous games...

That and by April next year Online play on PS3 will end... apparently

The word on my end is saying that GT Sport is more like a Prologue than a full game, which explains a lot of the lack of implimentations from previous games...

That and by April next year Online play on PS3 will end... apparently
RIP all of my games on PS3

I spoke to a guy in Game and apparently online play for PS3 is shutting down next year in April... not sure if any of that info is confirmed atm.

I spoke to a guy in Game and apparently online play for PS3 is shutting down next year in April... not sure if any of that info is confirmed atm.
If they shut down PS3 online (not a PD decision, obviously) and there's no GT title for PS4, this might be the death kneel for PD. Not sure how many people they'll get back with months of no GT available.

So, is it safe to assume that the Sportscar Series/Endurance Series is no more?

I would say you are right.
really quite a shame to say the least. I mean, I have my series going, as our official debut is tomorrow/today, but it sucks this particular one died

With the eSports opportunity coming up for AJ, it probably put to bed any revival plan he envisioned. I pretty much called it when I said he'd lead us on a treasure hunt of sorts that was how it was shaping up, but then he announced he'd be managing an eSports racing team, so even my hunch that he'd revive this in 2017 is a very slim chance.

With the eSports opportunity coming up for AJ, it probably put to bed any revival plan he envisioned. I pretty much called it when I said he'd lead us on a treasure hunt of sorts that was how it was shaping up, but then he announced he'd be managing an eSports racing team, so even my hunch that he'd revive this in 2017 is a very slim chance.

Yeah we can't blame @AJ for taking that opportunity, but it would have been nice if he'd laid this to bed for the drivers who helped propel it.

There has been no post on this thread from AJ on here since july, although not sure if it would have been the same if GT Sport was not delayed.

Either way R.I.P GTPscs.

Plot twist - AJ was just waiting for one of us to pick up the torch and carry on, waiting for (time unknown) to then take back the torch to take the series to new places on the GTS (and maybe other?) platforms.

Just gonna say, that if we had GTS Beta this (maybe) wouldn't have happened... #blameKaz

AJ
I was planning on sharing the following with the TMs over the weekend, but here it is;

1 - PSN for P2P PS3 games is still a bit spotty. This situation is not going to get any better.

2 - There is a possibility of a final GT6 24 hour event in September, but there will not be any further significant activity on PS3.

3 - Currently I cannot put a calendar together with any certainty that will be available for those dates until a few days before, which means I cannot put a calendar together at the moment as it would not be fair on you guys.

With my new job I am working on several huge projects at the apex of gaming and motorsport, and I couldn't be more excited about the future of sim racing, not just for the aliens but for everyone. Once we have things to share, you guys will be the first to know. Again, I cannot thank you all enough for your support, and this is only just the beginning.

This is still the situation.

I am also of the understanding the PS3 online play will be coming to an end in the next few months. I would really like us to run a final 24h event on GT6 and am working towards making that happen before we enter the dark times of no online Gran Turismo.

Back