GTP Sportscar: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 589 comments
AJ
Sorry we are not racing at the moment, hope to have some new news soon.

In the mean time here is a little distraction, and something to keep you even more engaged with this year's LM24. ;)

Edge of my seat kinda stuff @AJ Don't leave us hanging too long!!

Considering that AJ is now involved in Esports+Cars, is it fair to say that this series is pretty much dead? PSN has gotten noticeably better since the original two attempts at the B12hr but still is a little bit unstable. As Project CARS has been ruled out, the series would need to stay on GT6 to actually do anything GTPSCS-wise.

I wouldn't imagine @AJ to just bail out completely. I suspect this year's season will be abandoned though, unless one last hit out or two before November happens just to send GT6 off.
But I think that a GTP series will go ahead on GTS in the new year, it was a huge success and grew so much for everyone, including AJ especially for all the time he put into his NERDS baby.
Of course though I could understand if he didn't have much time to run a GTP series considering he's moving forward into something that is going to be absolutely massive in the coming years (Congratulations @AJ). I don't know if anyone could replace him to continue one if that'd be the case, it is some solid work.

I was planning on sharing the following with the TMs over the weekend, but here it is;

1 - PSN for P2P PS3 games is still a bit spotty. This situation is not going to get any better.

2 - There is a possibility of a final GT6 24 hour event in September, but there will not be any further significant activity on PS3.

3 - Currently I cannot put a calendar together with any certainty that will be available for those dates until a few days before, which means I cannot put a calendar together at the moment as it would not be fair on you guys.

With my new job I am working on several huge projects at the apex of gaming and motorsport, and I couldn't be more excited about the future of sim racing, not just for the aliens but for everyone. Once we have things to share, you guys will be the first to know. Again, I cannot thank you all enough for your support, and this is only just the beginning.

Do you have any objection to unofficial, community run events in a similar format with teams from this series?
Pretty much a bit of fun for anyone who misses the team racing aspect of this series while we wait for GTS and the next chapter.

So with GT Sport on its way, I have been doing some heavy thinking recently.

With the current lack of day/night time and weather transition, where will that end up leaving us in the endurance scene? While a good majority of our races have been 4, 6 and 12 hour races, this will essentially destroy chances of 24h races, which is a shame. I do hope that even if it is similar to how GT6 had it where only a select tracks had the transition, that tracks such as Spa Francorchamps, LeMans, and Nurburgring have the option for 24 hour time frames, as they are rather important races in any calendar.

Second, with the current count of cars (which is hopefully being upgraded continuously to the mentioned 4-500 cars), and most of them being GT3 spec vehicles, that will severely cut into our series as a whole, where we focus also on Touring Cars (TCN-1, TCN-2, GT4, for example), and Prototypes, where will this leave many teams in our group? We still have to see the final list of cars at the launch of the game, but I wouldn't put it past our luck that most, if not all of the cars that we used here will not make the final cut, and may not even make a return as cars flood into the game later on.

Third point thought goes to the livery editor. So if we disregard the lack of cars, tracks, etc., this new feature is going to be the best thing for us as teams in general. We wouldn't have to be stuck with liveries that exist in real life, but each team would have their own unique livery for themselves. From what I have seen, EVERY car has the opportunity for a livery, which is a huge plus. I am sure each design that is made would need approval, to cause vulgar or offensive content to not appear, but I'm fairly sure everyone in here has a good sense of sportsmanship and racing code (?) to not do that for something we take seriously and enjoy.

These are just a few points I have thought of over the past couple of months that I wanted to bring up to us all.

And on that note, onward to November! Four months left!!

So having had access to the GTSport Beta today as part of a GT Academy live event, I can say that I am VERY excited for this series to return on the new platform when the game comes out.
(Note; its BETA, it might change)
Cars felt much better on corner entry, ABS 1 is no longer totally over-powered so your ABS setting will actually matter in future, allowing guys to tune the amount of locking and pressure control they are comfortable with. I don't know if it was the physics update or the ABS update that has caused the front end corner entry responsiveness, but I like it a lot.
It needs to be November already because I cannot wait to get back to racing on GT Sport 👍👍👍.

So having had access to the GTSport Beta today as part of a GT Academy live event, I can say that I am VERY excited for this series to return on the new platform when the game comes out.
Cars felt much better on corner entry, ABS 1 is no longer totally over-powered so your ABS setting will actually matter in future, allowing guys to tune the amount of locking and pressure control they are comfortable with. I don't know if it was the physics update or the ABS update that has caused the front end corner entry responsiveness, but I like it a lot.
It needs to be November already because I cannot wait to get back to racing on GT Sport 👍👍👍.

Congratulations on qualifying for nationals to mate, 👍

Making me way too excited for this game to release, man. I miss the strong camaraderie (and rivalries) we've all had.
Good luck to everyone with GT Academy this year! Good prospects in this group and I know that a few of you will find your way to nationals and beyond.

With the recent news of GTSport being pushed back to 2017, was really looking forward to seeing the GTPES in full swing by next year, we possibly could see its first full season in 2018..

With the recent news of GTSport being pushed back to 2017, was really looking forward to seeing the GTPES in full swing by next year, we possibly could see its first full season in 2018..

Lots of this. I'm so close to going to iracing, but the events put on here are just so good that I'd put that idea on the backburner and race a load of these events.

Lots of this. I'm so close to going to iracing, but the events put on here are just so good that I'd put that idea on the backburner and race a load of these events.

I think GTsport for me is definiely the wait honestly. I'm mostly looking to really get into the series once GTsport is released so we can get right into testing for GTPES in GTsport.

Essentially it'll just be GT4 endurances races :lol:

plus it's entirely possible to implement variable time/weather later on in an update anyways, as it's all based on the same engine last I checked, plus if I recall correctly, all or almost all tracks have a selective time/weather option, but from then it stays locked until the end of the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Issue is, we won't be able to run full endurance races since GTS doesn't have time change.....

Essentially it'll just be GT4 endurances races :lol:

plus it's entirely possible to implement variable time/weather later on in an update anyways, as it's all based on the same engine last I checked, plus if I recall correctly, all or almost all tracks have a selective time/weather option, but from then it stays locked until the end of the race.

Idk guys. We'll all have to wait and see what AJ wants to do when we all get the final product of what GTSport will be. :)

So with the game being delayed anyway, we at least could have had Beta to test in the meantime, giving then an excuse for the (always inevitable) delay.
Man we could have done so much running on GTS Beta by now, would have been fantastic.

Back