GTP Sportscar: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 589 comments
I've seen that now, up to 5 Drivers for Spa 25 and Daytona 24.

Still unsure of the Rating restrictions, however... especially considering the extra number of drivers.

These were what I was referring to in my earlier question.

What happened to GT4 franchise applications...is this series doa? If so shame. As I noted on the GT3 thread it is going to be very difficult to get serious committment for a three race season...that is really three one offs. IMHO we need a minimum of six races. Are more races likely to be added AJ?

That sounds tempting but I'm saving up for a ps4 wheel.

Speaking of wheels, does anyone know if the T150 a good wheel?

T150 is what you expect for £100, it's as good as the DFGT, if not slightly better.

FFB was to strong for me on the T150 at first, ive finally got the settings I like and it seems to be a good wheel, the pedals are a bit more stiffer than the DFGT but the same cheap plastic.

Overall if I paid the £150 for it I would of been disappointed, for £100 its a good wheel and if your use to the DFGT and if you dont want to spend a fortune its a good buy.

T150 is what you expect for £100, it's as good as the DFGT, if not slightly better.

FFB was to strong for me on the T150 at first, ive finally got the settings I like and it seems to be a good wheel, the pedals are a bit more stiffer than the DFGT but the same cheap plastic.

Overall if I paid the £150 for it I would of been disappointed, for £100 its a good wheel and if your use to the DFGT and if you dont want to spend a fortune its a good buy.
Thanks! I've currently got the DFGT and I don't really want to have a huge difference when switching between ps4 and PS3

What happened to GT4 franchise applications...is this series doa? If so shame. As I noted on the GT3 thread it is going to be very difficult to get serious committment for a three race season...that is really three one offs. IMHO we need a minimum of six races. Are more races likely to be added AJ?

Re GT4, please refer to the update made on 22/10/15 for details. Also note you are eligible to enter the 3 VW Fun Cup events. I have no new news to share regarding events other than the 12 confirmed the other day during the Franchise Announcement.

Please make sure you are following posts made on the Noticeboard to keep up to date with the latest news from the Series in future.

On a related note (for everyone), for 2016 we will have 5 pinned threads;

Noticeboard
The Hub Thread for the 2016 GTPlanet Sportscar Series. Here you will find all; Series Information, Announcements, and Updates.

General Discussion
Exactly what it says. To be used for all series chat that is not specific to any particular event, or that is not relevant to any of the threads below.

Community Media
For posting your; photos, videos, memes, and artwork.

Driver Market
Here teams can advertise for drivers, and drivers can make their availably for particular event known. You can also let teams know that you are available to be a reserve driver in case of issues on the day of an event.

Public Testing
Although most teams will want to test in private, there may be some situations where group tests may be beneficial.​

@AJ and staff: Really looking forward to this upcoming season, it really feels like this race series is "growing up", like its moved out of its infancy stage, before all messages and communication become entwined with a competitive flavour , I want to wish you all good luck in the forthcoming new year :cheers: and here's to hoping that everything goes to plan.

Merry Christmas :gtpflag:

Hello. I would like to discuss the comment section.
How does it work?
Do I need to have an account on GTPlanet? Whether this is done by Skype?

Regards,
Jacob

Hello. I would like to discuss the comment section.
How does it work?
Do I need to have an account on GTPlanet? Whether this is done by Skype?

Regards,
Jacob
Go to Promoter Noticeboard thread, where you see the "Sporting Regulations". 👍

BMW M6 GT3 CONFIRMED TO BE IN GT6! :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-19-23-15-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-19-23-15-04.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
I'm pretty sure we're allowed to talk about this:

As far as I know, the M6 GT3 is the VGT. There was a discussion in the BoP thread about whether it should be used and I think it was ultimately decided to include it.

Im
I'm pretty sure we're allowed to talk about this:

As far as I know, the M6 GT3 is the VGT. There was a discussion in the BoP thread about whether it should be used and I think it was ultimately decided to include it.
I'm 95% sure this was touched upon by the announcers on the Franchise stream when calling out the car lists. I was largely being sarcastic... Sorry @J_Starscream...

as a change of subject (sorry), I'm happy to say I've got my xbox back along with Forza Motorsport 6, and am willing to make liveries again!

I'm starting out with one team as a start, (even though cars are not handed out yet). But if you are interested, do shoot me a message!

Note: ALL custom liveries will be posted in the Community Media thread!

A huge thanks to @AJ (and the now) GTPSS crew for awarding a returning GT300 franchise for ORA Racing Team!

image.jpeg
I am massively excited to undertake it's management under the ORA banner for a second season in the ever-expanding GTP series.
The icing on the cake is also receiving a slot in the invitational Daytona 24H in GTLM, being knocked out in QP for P2 this year it's going to be great to be able to have a team racing in the next event.

It was great to see a live stream of the franchise announcements, gave a great off season feel and the beginning buildup for a new season to begin, with such an awesome growing history now behind it. Cannot wait for all the upcoming updates and hype building by this competively, close community. I wish the best of luck to all teams and drivers in their preparations and in their racing!

Merry Christmas! :).

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Just got a fantastic present this year. A driving experience day to drive in FOUR supercars! I have a choice of 14 to choose from... I feel like a kid again!!
That's great to Hear!

I got the diecasts of Fiat 500F by Bburago, two new games and 2 Abarth 500 diecasts and a Citroen C-Elysée diecast. 👍

:cheers:Merry Christmas from all of us here at Weil Racing Limited!:cheers:

We look forward to competing with you in the new year. Hopefully we can all stay on the nice list.

Latest Posts

Back