GTP Sportscar: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 589 comments
thank you Stigs for posting this to us all. Though I would like to put forward an idea up for discussion for not only for AJ, but everyone.

If, before the season officially kicks off, a team would like to swap a car within their class, say TNR's GTR GT3, for someone else's SLS or Z4 for example, if they both agreed, could it happen?

I like the idea of trading cars. It might be more work for AJ, but it doesn't really do any harm.
The problem is, the teams with good cars won't want to change to worse cars (e.g a GT3 team changing from Phoenix R8 to the Oreca R8)

Never know man, some teams really dislike cars that other teams find quite handy - we watched Endurance Experience swap from the RX-7 to the BRZ for Spa, while the team I was talking to was complaining how fast they thought the RX-7 was.
That and the GT3 field has probably had enough of their respective cars, after driving the wheels off an SLS or the GT-R all of last year I would probably prefer to drive something else. When you've run out of things to explore and learn, the prospect of testing for hours on end becomes incredibly laborious and dull.

Excited to get some running in GTLM, TCN-1 and GT3 Am for this season. Although it feels weird not to have very many races, and to be driving for multiple teams.

Well hopefully this season I can build upon my experience and gain the attention of other drivers and teams in the future. :)

- For QP the mix of drivers who's times will be counted is equal to that of Driver 1 & Driver 2. i.e. for GT3 AM the average time of either; 2 Bronze drivers or 1 Bronze and 1 Silver will be taken, times set by Gold or Platinum drivers will not count towards the team's grid time.

This is the only bit of information I could find regarding GT3 AM qualifying and I can't find anything in the sporting regs but I have probably been looking in the wrong places. Can some body shed some light?

- For QP the mix of drivers who's times will be counted is equal to that of Driver 1 & Driver 2. i.e. for GT3 AM the average time of either; 2 Bronze drivers or 1 Bronze and 1 Silver will be taken, times set by Gold or Platinum drivers will not count towards the team's grid time.

This is the only bit of information I could find regarding GT3 AM qualifying and I can't find anything in the sporting regs but I have probably been looking in the wrong places. Can some body shed some light?

What else are you looking for?

If a team is racing more then 2 bronze drivers, is the team forced to qualify the bronze drivers or can a silver qualify?

If that didn't make sense then I will try again but it the best I can do for now. :lol:

A driver with the ranks acceptable in Slot 1 must qualify.
A driver with the ranks acceptable in Slot 2 must qualify.
For a full list for each class;
Go to the Promoter Noticeboard.
Go to the "Driver & Driving Time restrictions" document.
Scroll to page 2.
It shows what your first and 2nd driver's ranks must be.

A driver with the ranks acceptable in Slot 1 must qualify.
A driver with the ranks acceptable in Slot 2 must qualify.
For a full list for each class;
Go to the Promoter Noticeboard.
Go to the "Driver & Driving Time restrictions" document.
Scroll to page 2.
It shows what your first and 2nd driver's ranks must be.
Thanks mate. So I assume it's not the lowest possible driver ratings as I thought it was.

Are you driving for MWM at doytona mate?

Can somebody do a montage of @TNR_KING_FILO's LOLFAIL moments in GTPES from last year. "Hall of Fame" by The Script as the song of choice. I'd love to see how many crashes could fit in between the "breaking all the records they thought never could be broke" line of the song... maaaaybe throw a few bits of footage of him being a BOSS and overtaking people or doing awesome on-track manoeuvres just to even it up.

Sound good? yes? No?

Can somebody do a montage of @TNR_KING_FILO's LOLFAIL moments in GTPES from last year. "Hall of Fame" by The Script as the song of choice. I'd love to see how many crashes could fit in between the "breaking all the records they thought never could be broke" line of the song... maaaaybe throw a few bits of footage of him being a BOSS and overtaking people or doing awesome on-track manoeuvres just to even it up.

Sound good? yes? No?
:cheers: :lol: YES!

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to hold off on attending the Aus GP for another year, the Bathurst 6 Hour and the first round of the F1 season coincide with each other!

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to hold off on attending the Aus GP for another year, the Bathurst 6 Hour and the first round of the F1 season coincide with each other!

No way man! I know it's only F1 :rolleyes: but you gotta hit those events when you can. We get 3 big events here in Florida with the Daytona 24, Sebring 12 and St. Pete GP and I wouldn't miss them for the world as the rest of the year is silent.

No way man! I know it's only F1 :rolleyes: but you gotta hit those events when you can. We get 3 big events here in Florida with the Daytona 24, Sebring 12 and St. Pete GP and I wouldn't miss them for the world as the rest of the year is silent.
What do you mean? Did you for get the V8 supercars, and all the other national events over there? Heck even a GT3 event would be better then F1. Plus you have the two big races at Bathurst.

What do you mean? Did you for get the V8 supercars, and all the other national events over there? Heck even a GT3 event would be better then F1. Plus you have the two big races at Bathurst.

Never stated anything about those other events. The rest of the year for us in Florida is silent, not over there. Just the same if F1 was in Florida I wouldn't miss it for a Video Game. As it is we try to find someone with an RV in Sebring to watch the F1 race after the 12 Hour is finished :-p

We are now just a few days away from the first official session of the 2016 season, and I am pleased to announce that the latest version of the software platform used to manage and administer these events is now ready for use.

- NERDS 1.3 Release Notes

Bug Fixes
Whilst v1.2 was a major step forward, it was a buggy nightmare. I simply did not have the time in between events to properly and methodically debug it. And as it was preferable to patch it up and create some quick work arounds for major faults than to go back to using v1.1, I did end up spending most of the opening hour or so of each event giving half of my attention to rewriting and recompiling, [understatement]this was clearly not ideal[/understatement], and pretty stressful as the same things did not always break, and not always at the same time.

Due to this the main focus of this release has been stability and refinement. There are now fewer moving parts and all the legacy code from the betas has gone. It has also been tested more throughly than ever before, with separate qualifying and race simulations having been conducted over the off-season.

Design
There are really 3 categories to consider here; Data Sheets, Promotional Material, and Broadcast Graphics. Whilst the former has seen only minor refinement, the later two have seen some steps forward. GTP SCS posters and info-sheets will have a cohesive look and feel and continue on a familiar theme from that set in 2015.

When we stared broadcasting back in 2014, the mission was simply hide GT6's in game graphics to prevent confusion. At the start of last year, as we started to integrate the broadcast side with the timing and scoring, we came up with a graphics solution that made the best of an annoying situation, and we pushed the boundaries as far as we could in terms of minimising the amount of obscured screen. From Le Mans onwards, broadcasting, race direction, and timing and scoring were incorporated and controlled from one system and one location. This allowed the removal of all of GT6's overlays and needed the whole screen for custom graphics. Minimalism is now the mandate for the broadcast graphics, and v1.3 is a significant step forward on this path.

Functionality

The focus has been on consolidation and ensuring everything works reliably and predictably, so that the time needed to use it is as minimal as possible.

For the Data Sheets, consolidation is the buzzword here, again fewer moving parts working harder, and more relevant information at a glance.

New Features

The broadcasts are going to see noticeable improvements, but this release is pretty light on new features for the reasons mentioned above. The addition of basic compatibility with multiple platforms is a significant step, but expect full compatibility and accompanying new features in future versions.

The introduction of a new Dynamic Leaderboard & Information Tower will present key information for both viewers and commentators in a glanceable and un-obtrusive manner.

- NERDS 1.3 Feature List

Event Information
- Calendars
- Schedules
- Circuit Maps ***UPDATED***
- Driver Database ***UPDATED***
- Full Season Entry List
- Full Season Spotter Guide ***UPDATED***
- Teams Championship Standings ***UPDATED***
- Drivers Championship Standings ***UPDATED***

Regulations
- Sporting Regulations
- Technical Regulations
- Supplementary Regulations ***UPDATED***
- Event Entry Forms

Broadcast Graphics
- Event Information ***NEW***
- Hourly Classification Ticker ***UPDATED***
- Session Time Remaining
- Marshal Flag Light Board System
- Gantry Lights System
- Dynamic Leaderboard & Information Tower ***NEW***
- Rich VT & GFX Inserts with Picture in Picture ***NEW***

Classifications & Results
- Qualifying Practice Session Results
- Qualifying Practice Combined Results
- Qualifying Practice Team Classification
- Starting Grid ***UPDATED***
- Hourly Race Classification ***UPDATED***
- Race Classification
- Race Classification by Class
- Race Classification by Driver Fastest Lap ***UPDATED***
- Race Classification by Driver and Class Fastest Lap ***UPDATED***
- Race Control Notices
- Lap Credit Calculator
- Lap Credit Log
- Warning Log/Penalty Log
- Track Status Log
- Weather Report
- Retirement & Non Classified Finishers Log
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Stint Analysis by Team and Driver

Platform Compatibility
- PS3 - PDi - Gran Turismo 6 - up to 12 Cars in Race
- PS4 - PDi - Coupe d'Or - up to 20 Boats in Race ***NEW***
- PS4 - SMS - Project Cars - up to 14 Cars in Race ***NEW***
- WIN - SMS - Project Cars - up to 30 Cars in Race ***NEW***

- NERDS Version History

1.2 - 14 AUG 2015 - Full integration of broadcast graphics.
1.1 - 06 MAR 2015 - Introduction of features held over from Final Build.
1.0 - 11 DEC 2014 - Final Build
0.9 - 08 NOV 2014 - beta4
0.8 - 25 OCT 2014 - beta3
0.7 - 01 OCT 2014 - beta2
0.6 - 12 SEP 2014 - beta1
0.5 - 17 JUL 2014 - Alpha 3
0.4 - 05 JUL 2014 - Alpha 2
0.3 - 28 JUN 2014 - Alpha 1
0.2 - 31 JAN 2014 - Pre-Alpha build
0.1 - 11 DEC 2013 - Pre-Alpha build

Back