Gtp suzuka race for 10-09-10

For the drivers in the first lobby please pick one of the 4 start time options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May I join the race?

If yes, I'd prefer earlier Saturday (17:00 GMT). Which is 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (not switched to daylight savings time yet) here in BC on Canada's West Coast.
My car preference is Red Bull, then Williams, then Rennault
I have a G25,and Blue Tooth.
Let me know if you want me in
Only assist I use is racing line, and no 'giving me the gears' on that thanks :)

As far as the double different versions of PST that makes my head explode…lol but I look at my version of PST currently as GMT -7, but the race in lobby 1 will more then likely be starting @ 20:00 GMT on Sat, and lobby 2 will for sure be starting @ 21:00 GMT Hungrys version lol.

As my experience in the past is any prediction of the future, I almost have to look at the sign up lobbies for my fun race the same way that the airlines look at over booking a flight ….lol, I can almost assure you that I will be lucky if I can fill up two full lobbies. So I will start a 3rd one that most assuredly it will be filterd down to two partial lobbies by no shows, and lobby 3 is in stand by mode as fill-ins for lobby 1 and 2.

Last edited:
That's why these TT lap times are completely useless, because they tell us what we already know. Lower production cars will have slower times.

Lefty, you need to pick ONE car for everyone to use for TT. The TTs are 2010, so of coarse McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari are going to be fastest no matter what.

As far as the double different versions of PST that makes my head explode…lol but I look at my version of PST currently as GMT -7, but the race in lobby 1 will more then likely be starting @ 20:00 GMT on Sat, and lobby 2 will for sure be starting @ 21:00 GMT Hungrys version lol.

As my experience in the past is any prediction of the future, I almost have to look at the sign up lobbies for my fun race the same way that the airlines look at over booking a flight ….lol, I can almost assure you that I will be lucky if I can fill up two full lobbies. So I will start a 3rd one that most assuredly it will be filterd down to two partial lobbies by no shows, and lobby 3 is in stand by mode as fill-ins for lobby 1 and 2.

Yeah I got confused what current time is; realized its Pacific Daylight Time now.

I will go online Saturday at 20:00 GMT and see if you have room, or at 21:00 GMT.

Cheers,

Lefty, you need to pick ONE car for everyone to use for TT. The TTs are 2010, so of coarse McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari are going to be fastest no matter what.

OUCH! you got me there and in the future that will be the case. But for now anyone can post one out of thin air and it doesn't matter. Were all learning about this game so for my first promotion event it's run what ya brung. It's just a first step to a more finely tuned second event....lol.

lol ok, ill be taking the McLaren around the track in a few then haha

So grafpt what i'm reading is that when the cars are set to equal my setups that I have for my car are useless?? They must do something, my gearing changes come through. How can I set my car up in the TTs if my car is totally a weird Harold when we race online set to equal. WFT do you do for your setups but run the cars @ 2010 just like the TTs. I don't know what to think, any strategy inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Were using 2010 cars eh.

Ok I'll post my Renault times up later.

Does the person who posts the fastest time have to drive the lotus?

Edit. Really time trials should have all been done in the same car.
Also all cars equal at race day would be fairer.

I'll go with the flow though.

What is 130r ????

You already have a time, unless you want to end up in the faster lobby. :nervous:

130r is the flat out corner between the spoon and the casio triangle
Circuit_Suzuka.png

turn 14 just over the bridge.

Just by looking at the leaderboards lol Top 2000 people are either in McLaren, Red Bull or Ferrari. Codemasters never gets TTs right. I want it by track and car. Not just track.

Just by looking at the leaderboards lol Top 2000 people are either in McLaren, Red Bull or Ferrari. Codemasters never gets TTs right. I want it by track and car. Not just track.

So what your saying is that it is you opinion that the TT = 2010 setup and you haven’t actually read it or were told directly by someone who had read the information?

------------------------- O P HAS BEEN UPDATED --------------------

Last edited:
Thay have 2, Sarg has the RBR and the only left is the Torro Rosso. So you want that one?

No I was just messing :lol: I like my Force India 👍, sorry bud, seen you changed it on the data thing on page 1 as well :(

Just bettered my laptime to a 1.31.7 in the Force India with no driving aids :)

Edit: Just thought I would ad, my lap times aren't registering online for some reason, must have a setting turned off somewhere, will have to have a look.

Took a snap to show my time since its not on the leaderboard.

P051010_2059.jpg

Last edited:
A poor 1.33.427 in a Mclaren. Lefty.

Since I got blindsided by the TT = 2010 setup curveball I have pulled the Registration lap times but you can use what is there to let you know if you need to practice more, after all my races are always going to be done on the same track as the big boys on the same given weekend, kind of like following your favorite rock band from concert to concert…..lol

So when it comes to the end of the season this thread dies until next year? Or you going to keep doing random races until the start of 2011 season?

I marginally improved on my time and it's valid this time. It's still a 1:33:9 but I could improve by quite a bit. I ran miles wide at turn 2 one lap but still managed a 1:33:4 so I think I've got a second left to improve.

So when it comes to the end of the season this thread dies until next year? Or you going to keep doing random races until the start of 2011 season?

This thread dies after the Suzuka race and a new one starts Monday for the Korean race .....:)

Since this isn't a high point championship, only and organized playground, my first goal is to see how it goes with what’s left of the current big boy season and see if there gets to be some kind of following by the people that like my laid back approach. I think that even when someone wins one of these online “championships” you’ll never be able to hold the trophy in your hand…..lol

2j32wle.jpg

My spotter "Little Lefty" .......lol

Last edited:
I plan to have compensations to make up for NOT being able to hold a real trophy ^_-

The problem w/ that is it would come out of your pocket and that’s not fair. It also induces cheating if the prize it very attractive. With the cloke of anonymity that people like w/ these kinds of forums, it can make it uncomfortable for the winner to give up their anonymity to get the prize. I have thought about the prize thing for a while and it can be difficult. Good luck though…..

racer_x.jpg

can you see the family resemblance to my avatar? :lol:

Last edited:
No, I wish you good luck, your in my championship ^_-

Yah it would be nice if I had more confidence w/ these cars but the variables are illogical and there is little that is consistent. The game is fun and all but when my engine just goes weird for no logical reason it concerns me greatly.

Hi guys!

I'm sorry I missed the practice.

I also will likely be missing the race on Sunday, therefore if there's anyone interesting in taking part that want to take my position, that would be ok.

Back