GTP vs. GTRP | World Event | Suzuka 600PP 10 laps | Audi TT | xx:13 / :43

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 149 comments
vesuvelas = vice versa????

Ii just heard the news that GT5 official release date is November 2nd. Could this for one be true?:drool: Not another wet dream is it?

What year?? :)

... and sheesh!! I'm way behind in the Post-It race... :)

Last edited:
Thanks for waiting, and for the tow, Rudi! I just wish I had more for you, but it was instructive to watch your lines and see how smooooth you are. :) Thanks again.

Hey Guys/Gals,

First post since signing up to this awesome site. Good Job all.

Was just wondering if many people are still running this event? I'm no-where near quick enough to compete, but I'd like to try and race alongside and get towed around a bit, maybe pick up my pace a little.

Look forward to seeing some of you out on track soon,
RIP_Welsh_Don

Met up with GTP_BlacqueJack for a couple of races here tonight for a bit of a shakedown. Good fun and a pleasure racing with you. Sadly a best lap of 2m13.5 isn't going to get me very far I guess! Lol

Last edited:
Welcome at GTPlanet, RIP_Welsh_Don 👍

I hope you enjoy your stay here, as well as racing against the other members. Keep in mind though not to double-post. I merged your posts for now, but please use the edit-function in advance ;)

Your lap time is not that far off though. It's not enough to keep up with the fastest guys, but practice can only get you closer to them...

Met up with GTP_BlacqueJack for a couple of races here tonight for a bit of a shakedown. Good fun and a pleasure racing with you. Sadly a best lap of 2m13.5 isn't going to get me very far I guess! Lol

Yes, thanks for the 2 races; and waiting too often ; when tired I tend to go 'gardening' off track too often :lol:

Perhaps there will be more racers this weekend?

Also need to play with the various tunes received from TLD and Clacksman. That 4th gear takes forever to wind up:yuck:

And avoid my tendency to over brake :lol:

Hey Hugo,

Thanks for welcome. Sorry for double post, didn't realise my first post had to be verified, just thought I'd had computer issues, so tried again. That's when I saw the note about post verification. I've also edited the merged post above, thanks.

BlacqueJack, I hear ya on the sand bagging problems, I too succumbed to this a little later on that evening as the eyes grew heavier! lol I have also posted my tune in the mix for you if you wish to try that too, esp' the gears as they don't feel too bad considering the lack of customization available. A 2m13.5 is still my best seen using the PS3 controller. Good luck buddy.

Power - 289hp (304hp)
Weight - 1198kg (1212kg)
Tires - R3/R3 (R3/R1)
Aero - N/A
Ride Height - -30/-28
Springs - 8/4 (5/4)
Damper - 7/8 (5/6)
Toe - -0.10/-0.20 (-0.05/+0.10)
Camber - 2.4/2.6 (2.4/3.0)
Brake - 9/9
Turn radius - 40 (45)
T/C - off
ABS - 1

Gears
1 - 2.950 (2.900)
2 - 1.842
3 - 1.318
4 - 1.090
5 - 1.110
6 - 0.954
Final - Fixed

RIP_Welsh_Don

Tune edited after running with GTP_TwistyBits. R3's feel much more stable and easier to control with the DS3. A best solo Lap of 2m12.8 achieved with this tune. Items in RED were original settings.

Last edited:
A few taps each way I think Phil, np. Such close racin' it's hard to keep it 100% clean, especially racin' with new people. Great to match with a few of you guys. Did a best lap of 2m12.9 following ripping_silk, so I'm happy.

I'm actually a Brit living in Canada now, from near Wrexham, North Wales, originally.

RIP_Welsh_Don, welcome to the forum man. I had the opportunity to raced against ya yesterday. You guys are missing out man. We had at a lot of fun yesterday thanks to GTP_TwistyBits, ripping_silk, GTSC_Bratis, GTRP_Thunder, and GTP_egghead. Hopefully we can get back on tonight for somemore action.

I thought I'd post my tune here since it's R3/R3, seems easy to drive (at least with a wheel), and I'm fastest with it vs. a R3/R1 or R3/R2 tune. I've only managed a 2'12.092 with it, but then I'm never the quickest, and usually run nearly 1.5 secs/lap behind the fastest guys. So, this tune seems good (only .8 or so back). This is a TwistyTune(c) in that I still believe PD has the spring rates reversed, front to rear, so in this case the rear is stiff, which matches up with the R3s there. It's a little new so I'm sure it can be improved on and maybe someone can break into the 2'10s or, did I miss someone already doing that? :)

HP: 289 (+10)
Weight: 1198 (85%)
Tires: R3 R3
Height: -20 -25
Spring: 9 3
Shock: 4 5
Toe: -.20 -.50
Camber: 2.0 1.5
Bias: 5 7
TCS: 0
ABS: 1
1st: 2.846
2nd: 1.904
3rd: 1.412
4th: 1.118
5th 1.110
6th: 0.954
Final: 4.240

I had a lot of fun racing last night with RIP_Welsh_Don, solarr-GTLMsquad, GTP_BlacqueJack, ripping_silk, GTSC_Bratis78 (sorry for the bumps, man), GTRP_Thunder__7. Thanks guys. 👍👍

Thanks for the welcome Solar, it's good to be here and racin' alongside talented drivers.

Some great racin' last night and good to hook up with you all. Thx for posting tune TistyBits, I'll give it a run and see how I get on as I think the more grip the better using the DS3, as after changing to R3/R2, I saw a best solo lap of 2m13.1 and a 2m12.2 chasing you. It's pretty intense stuff out there!

p.s. I just noticed there is no Turn Angle setting in your post, is this deliberate so an individual can set their own?

Last edited:
p.s. I just noticed there is no Turn Angle setting in your post, is this deliberate so an individual can set their own?

I guess because I use a wheel, I don't put much emphasis on the Turn Angle, although I've have set it to min/max for some cars. I'm using 40 (the default) for the TT. It's probably a lot more important for a 6-axis driver. So, sure, you can set it to whatever suits you. And in fact, the tune is fairly new, so I'm also certain it can be improved. It was fun racing with you, and welcome to the forum from me as well. 👍

I thought I'd post my tune here since it's R3/R3, seems easy to drive (at least with a wheel), and I'm fastest with it vs. a R3/R1 or R3/R2 tune. I've only managed a 2'12.092 with it, but then I'm never the quickest, and usually run nearly 1.5 secs/lap behind the fastest guys. So, this tune seems good (only .8 or so back). This is a TwistyTune(c) in that I still believe PD has the spring rates reversed, front to rear, so in this case the rear is stiff, which matches up with the R3s there. It's a little new so I'm sure it can be improved on and maybe someone can break into the 2'10s or, did I miss someone already doing that? :)

HP: 289 (+10)
Weight: 1198 (85%)
Tires: R3 R3
Height: -20 -25
Spring: 9 3
Shock: 4 5
Toe: -.20 -.50
Camber: 2.0 1.5
Bias: 5 7
TCS: 0
ABS: 1
1st: 2.846
2nd: 1.904
3rd: 1.412
4th: 1.118
5th 1.110
6th: 0.954
Final: 4.240

I had a lot of fun racing last night with RIP_Welsh_Don, solarr-GTLMsquad, GTP_BlacqueJack, ripping_silk, GTSC_Bratis78 (sorry for the bumps, man), GTRP_Thunder__7. Thanks guys. 👍👍

I guess this is a good tune if you used this when we raced together, around 2.12.xxx every lap..:)

Per

Back