GTP "weekly" drawing comp #7: Nissan Silvia S15

• Thread starter Cano
  • 151 comments
far from killed it, glacius!!! looks at these two dudes!!!! damn those are AWESOME!!!
Vipfreak, your design is realy interesting!!! all the added sharp angles to the silvia's swoopness creates an aesthetic tension that really works. very cool.
and Chaser... well.... what can I say???? that thing is awesome and very cute at the same time!! nothing violent like mine, that thing looks really tender in all its hardcore, lightweight violence! I LOVE it. my vote.

Cano

Thanks all, I'm glad that this competition held out because we have a great turn out with some awsome entrys! 👍

Chaser: I happen to be sketching and got inspiration at the sametime from the jgtc cars so that's pretty much how I arrived at the rear end of the car. The rest was just using overlays to improve the persective and shape of things. :) Btw, I like how you did the fender extentions and wing lets. Cano, your stuff is always good as well. 👍👍

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Okay, so I rustled something up...

s15_v3.jpg

very nice ;)

u 2 Viperfreak;)

so, tell us, are we having more entries for this comp? supersupra said he would whip something out, as well as glacius. do we wait for you guys, or the poll gets posted?

Cano

uh... Those guys don't have a chance! POLL! just kidding (ha ha... I should talk :lol: ) No, we can wait for them. It's gonna be interesting to see the results of this competition though. :D

Originally posted by eliseracer
When does this end? I'd like to enter, but I need to know when it closes, cause I've got essays coming out of my ears.

its midnight 'tween saturday and sunday. you've got three days, as well, as anybody else. if you dont post something in three days, I'll post the poll.

Cano

and no, drifting is prohibited in these comps.
and yes, its just trial and error. there are some basics you'd need to learn, but there are no tutorials about them, its more an autodidactic thing.

Originally posted by max boost 2005
Kano how long does it take u to make a drawing like that

and u to Chaser???

For me? Basic sketch to get the right proportions, about half an hour plus about twenty minutes for outlining, and shading (or lack of in this one). Add on half an hour for stopping and looking at the paper with a blank mind, and I would say about ninety minutes or something like that.

four hours dude!!! including colouring of course. well, for this one make it 4 and a half hours, because getting that color was hell. and nice entry, another one to the poll!! thanks for participating, and keep practicing on shading. also, a little tip, try to always make as smooth and straight lines as possible, even when tooning.

Cano

this is a 10 min drawing (CARTOON)
IM still not that good but ok I CANT SHADE I CANT SHADE

Hey maxboost :) One more for the comp. :D

Ten minutes, you don't hang around! :D It takes me that long to get my pencils out :lol: I noticed your going for a bit of depth (with the roof, bonnet and wing), but you've really concentrated on the side view. Be brave and put some real depth into it ;) It would look cool if you put some more surface on the aformentioned parts and a bit less on the sides. I know it might seem daunting, but it's always good to try and get away from a flat image. Experiment and like I said, 'be brave'. :D

Good luck! See you in the next round :)

this is a 10 min drawing (CARTOON)
IM still not that good but ok I CANT SHADE I CANT SHADE

one more man. Spend more time on it this time. You got potential.

Originally posted by Darin
Here. I used my grandma's scanner. I think it looks better than the digital.

Nice! It's really starting to take shape. Wheels look good and I love the lack of front bumperage! Are you going to finish colouring it?

Originally posted by Cano
its midnight 'tween saturday and sunday. you've got three days, as well, as anybody else. if you dont post something in three days, I'll post the poll.

Cano

and no, drifting is prohibited in these comps.
and yes, its just trial and error. there are some basics you'd need to learn, but there are no tutorials about them, its more an autodidactic thing.

i think that line is very unfair to most people who like drifting, even though u dont like drifting, other people do, so back off, and let them draw whatever they want, because this is about creativity

but hes the one holding this comp so like i LOVE drifting alot but like if the rules are not to do drifting i wont... (by the way my teacehr ripped my drawing) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ****ing teacher it took me 4 perriods now i have to start a new one when is this due..

THNKX

but hes the one holding this comp so like i LOVE drifting alot but like if the rules are not to do drifting i wont... (by the way my teacehr ripped my drawing) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ****ing teacher it took me 4 perriods now i have to start a new one when is this due..

THNKX

What! He ripped up your drawing? What a complete arsehole! You should tell him that maybe if he made his lessons more interesting, you wouldn't feel the need to doodle in his class. :mad:

But I would suggest listening in class is better ;)

lol, This is actually kinda funny in the Industrial Design Major because most of the time we don't have lectures. When we do there are many that look like they are ignoring the teach and screwing around but that's not actually what's happening.

no it was Dirrected studies and i was drawing and then she just came and ripped it so.... was also doing my HW at the time its was coming out great by the way
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

that SUCKS Boost. kick your teacher in her ass. and well, if you are working on an entry, we'll wait for you, dont worry.

Cano

Originally posted by Cano
that SUCKS Boost. kick your teacher in her ass. and well, if you are working on an entry, we'll wait for you, dont worry.

Cano

I almost did last year. Ripped my drawing and I wanted to....Badly.

Back