GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
I think I'm done. This is a great concept, but I'm a rubbish racer. Over the 12 races, I might have had 2 legitimate passes. I couldn't even hold off anybody on the track that was my test track in GT5.

I've had fun testing the cars, but that's just not translating into race results.

Well it's not gonna be the same without our numbers man.
But consider this. Changed my CR-X for an Integra because of the target at Cape Ring and SS5. After power went out at home my car had the Matterhorn settings for the Cape Ring race, so hours of fine tuning gone to waste. Couldn't get any better than 5th when Mike won the three races with the exact same car. To finish it up, went below target at qualy in Matterhorn, had to let everyone go by out of sheer shame and end up doing 19 laps 19seconds behind the lead.
So I guess you are not alone in letting hours of testing mean nothing on the track.
Can I ask you to reconsider Steve? :confused:

Ι enjoyed the first race.I made a mistake because I looked to the laptime and lost the braking point.But I found my way back to second place.
GTP_Patrick1actually made it a bit easier for me at one lap when I blew my horn,he thought that he did something wrong at our duel and gave his position back without a fight.That's a move that I really appreciate and I'll find a way to a future race to repay him.
The second race was a disaster!Someone was lagging horribly and crashed me by going ....backwards!The car ofcourse had damage for half the first lap and ofcourse race ruined.At least I had a good fight with
Nail-27.We had some contacts between us but in a very clean and fair way.
The third race was surreal.People crashing all over behind and infront of me and somehow from 10th(actually 7th because 3 guys were beyond cap) I found my way up to 3rd.I had
Gravitronahead of me so I thought it would be nice just to go together like this to the finish.There was no point on trying to overake him because I am sure at 99,9% that we would have contact.(By the way sorry for some bumps at the first 2 laps)After all he had very good pace and no one behind was pushing me.

Last edited:
I think I'm done. This is a great concept, but I'm a rubbish racer. Over the 12 races, I might have had 2 legitimate passes. I couldn't even hold off anybody on the track that was my test track in GT5.

I've had fun testing the cars, but that's just not translating into race results.

A bad day doesn't mean you are a bad racer!

"Why do we fall?So we can learn to pick ourselves up"

I think I've had two legitimate passes across my entire GTP career! :D

Take it from someone who is regularly a back marker: don't get too down on yourself. This format is a great equalizer. If your car doesn't start out in front, I think it is affected by the circumstances of traffic much more heavily.

Have you been hitting the same target times during the race as you have in testing? If not, maybe you just need to tune closer to (or maybe even under) target time. That way, you'd be faster during the race and you'd just have to hold back during qualifying. Just a thought...💡

I haven't seen the third replay yet, but I snapped some pics of the first two races instead of jumping into the next TT. Enjoy!

Race 1

15868905065_4f9ac1e469_b.jpg

15868277862_a454119567_b.jpg

15683140727_be34789e4d_b.jpg

15866915991_28a8bc81f3_b.jpg

15683142287_d17e7af5ab_b.jpg

15868277642_cd52c349c2_b.jpg

15866915691_4a2ccdcb8b_b.jpg

15868905475_4f81c1aa78_b.jpg

15246646624_26cabeeb6c_b.jpg

15868277122_d5e30e9326_b.jpg

15866915161_dda518aa08_b.jpg

15681573230_79d5f6b5f2_b.jpg

I have to agree with everyone else, please reconsider. As a guy who normally is always at the back of the pack, I understand where you're coming from, but remember that no one is born a champion, and that only one person can win, so some of us have to finish at the back. But above all else, remember why you're here... to have fun.
Yes, winning is always good, even a podium feels amazing, but we're not getting paid to race, we're doing it because it's fun and we get to relax and forget about everything else during those Sunday evenings.
In my opinion, we have an amazing group of individuals here. All very respectful and fast. And this is why this is such an amazing league/event (whatever you wanna call it.) I would be sad if you (or anyone else) were to leave.
Just keep practicing and testing, and try to be as fast and consistent as you can. You'll see that in a couple of months you'll be twice as fast as you were when all this started. ... And even if you never get a win, because some of us, (me included) will never get one, remember that that is what racing is about, that loosing is also a part of Motorsport and the most important part, the most fun, is the battles and the company that we share. Be it at the front of the grid, be it at the back.
Those are just my 2 cents, but please, please reconsider and stay with us. :)

Somebody made a GREAT pass on me into turn one on the special stage....we were both literally door to door...you on the inside slightly ahead...me on the outside... I remember watching your front wheel to see if it was going to lock...so I could do the old over under. Amazing as how one's Situational Awareness improves over time. This format offers hope to those of us who are...shall we say "Velocity Challenged :D".

And I feel like I should apologize publicly for what I said after the last race. I really wasn't trying to be disrespectful. The result screen was stuck and I swear I saw your name jump from the bottom to 4th place.
Besides always being courteous you also improved your speed over the last few months. I will make sure to look for your name starting from the top of the leaderboard in the future.

This series is the highlight of my short online racing experience. I hope the D1 drivers are not getting frustrated with the division equalizing system. They have to detune their cars drastically to stay over the legal lap limit to offset their superior cornering skills. That gives straight line speed advantage to the rest of us. I hope they see it as a good challenge to try to beat other drivers in faster cars.

Great pics Crispy, I'll try to take some when I watch more replays tonight.

I had fun testing cars with Patrick and Lucas yesterday. I found a car that could do all 7 remaining races. It's overpriced, overweight, a bit goofy looking, handles like crap but I got a soft spot in my heart for this manufacturer.
I just need to confirm with @hasslemoff - what are the tire regulations for the FR cup? Can we choose either compound? What about mixing them SH front CS rear?

Is anyone else finding that cars perform differently online to offline? I've just run some online practising (I didn't announce it on here as I prefer to practice alone, my practice sessions can get embarrassingly messy) and both the cars I tested were about .500 off of the offline times I got with them. I only did about 5-10 laps with each car, so surely things like tyre wear/fuel depletion can't have that much of an effect in such a small window.

Is anyone else finding that cars perform differently online to offline? I've just run some online practising (I didn't announce it on here as I prefer to practice alone, my practice sessions can get embarrassingly messy) and both the cars I tested were about .500 off of the offline times I got with them. I only did about 5-10 laps with each car, so surely things like tyre wear/fuel depletion can't have that much of an effect in such a small window.

Times on line are slower than in Arcade mode. Probable causes are tire wear, and Arcade mode probably does not factor in the fuel weight. If you were to run a car online to the point of having low fuel and put new tires on without adding fuel, your online time would be pretty close to Arcade mode.

I've just run some online practising (I didn't announce it on here as I prefer to practice alone, my practice sessions can get embarrassingly messy)

I have found having others in the room can greatly help if you want to get faster. Anyone in this series would offer help if you wanted and not think poorly of your driving. I will ask faster drivers to run some laps while I go to the watch view to observe what they are doing. It may give you some ideas, that on your own you might not think of. Anyway, just a thought, people here are pretty friendly and will help you if you ask for it.

I had fun testing cars with Patrick and Lucas yesterday. I found a car that could do all 7 remaining races. It's overpriced, overweight, a bit goofy looking, handles like crap but I got a soft spot in my heart for this manufacturer.
I just need to confirm with @hasslemoff - what are the tire regulations for the FR cup? Can we choose either compound? What about mixing them SH front CS rear?

Either compound are available, but the intention of SH tyre's is to make the car easier to handle if a driver is struggling with the car, as the PP goes up two tyre compound's will be available to help drivers who might struggle with the lower tyre grade on faster cars.

I was going to say yes to mixing them but some cups might not allow it, so to keep it the same all the way through, i'll say no to mixing the tyre compound sorry.

Enjoyed last nights races some more good fun and close finishes, I maybe spent to much on my car but its great fun with no ABS and I used it a lot in GT5 offline so thought i'd give it a go in this and I was .008 of getting the bonus :( maybe next time.

FF Cup Results

FF Point Results

Well done @mr_lab_rat for the FF cup win and @GTP_Patrick1 and @Gravitron for the podiums 👍.

Here's your National Anthem Mike. (I know it of by heart now ;) )

FF Race Results

Capped lap time penalty's for qualifying have been added.

Penalty: @Gameratwork99 received a 30 second penalty for not waiting after causing contact.

FF STAGE 5.PNG

Penalty: @Gameratwork99 Received a 30 second penalty for not waiting after causing contact

FF MATHORN.PNG

National B Overall Championship Credit

FF CUP CREDIT.PNG
Note: Please use the credit tracker in the OP for how much credit you have available to spend.

Last edited:
Either compound are available, but the intention of SH tyre's is to make the car easier to handle if a driver is struggling with the car, as the PP goes up two tyre compound's will be available to help drivers who might struggle with the lower tyre grade on faster cars.

I was going to say yes to mixing them but some cups might not allow it, so to keep it the same all the way through, i'll say no to mixing the tyre compound sorry.
Thanks for confirming that. That's great news. There were some cars that could do the 415PP races but they were too slow for the 445PP (Camaro Z28 for example). This opens up a ton more options.
Where are you Steve (@Eggstor)? We really need you now.
I did all of my testing on CS tires, except for a 1-off run with my late 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (413PP) at Deep Forest with SH tires. SH tires will definitely make a lot more FR cars competitive; I was able to turn the completely-outclassed RX-7 into something that could keep up.

This series is the highlight of my short online racing experience. I hope the D1 drivers are not getting frustrated with the division equalizing system.

I know I have fun running in any position on track, even more when cars are around and it makes it fun trying to think of a way to pass.

It's S2000 from now on :lol:

The challenge is to take the kink before the tunnel at Eiger with maybe a slight lift in the S2000, its fun if you nail it and the car is great fun around that track.

Is there a difference between 90s S2000s....or do I have to drive them all....I know that some offer different suspension mods.

Back