GTP WRS-Online Event 1 : BallS1 to the Wall - January 29, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 274 comments
Sorry for the double post, but it's a different subject.

The registry doesn't seem to have accepted my submission (EU - confirmed, US - maybe, AU - no). Could it be due to not having a division (I think I was D3 gold in GT5...)?

You are on the list. You should show up on the next registration image update (I can see in the docs you signed up for the EU race and reserve for NA and both were recognized). You have a provisional marker on your registration.

NOTE: We are splitting rooms based on the handicap formula outlined in the registration post... you could have an official division/handicap by Monday night (before the race) in which case no problems and we can use that, but if your are not processed by the race you need to take advantage of option #3 or #4 in order to establish a ranking for this event. That's assuming we end up with more than 16 drivers otherwise it's not required. I suspect we will have 20+ for EU and probably 30+. Same goes for anyone else racing under a provisional placement.

May I suggest just re-opening the settings window before going onto the track for the first time? It's as if the setting doesn't work on the first attempt to set it...

I started over from scratch. Still using the same settings as listed here, but they are freshly typed in for this room. Let's see how it goes.

Room ID 1472-6118-4216-8216-2887 Open

[update]
...new host is coutssy and is all alone. My PS3 needed a break.

Last edited:
I started over from scratch. Still using the same settings as listed here, but they are freshly typed in for this room. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks for testing. If we can replicate the bug AND find a work around so our room hosts aren't impacted during our races needless to say that will be a great help.

Confirm the 2nd set of tyres is slower, and so is the 3rd...

And the pit exit is right into the mouth of hell! Gonna take a LOT of vigilance :)

@GTP_DeathStar: 👍 on policing the room :gtpflag:

Pulling my hair out trying to figure out how everyone is going so fast in the TT but head to head stuff is what I'm going for and the TT is just practice. If I end up in the one second club, so be it, but this place is where my focus will be and the TT's will be just for fun. My kind of bowling league..... :lol:

[update]
...new host is coutssy and is all alone. My PS3 needed a break.

Just left room now closed

I'll be joining you people in the EU race again this week. Haven't done that much running in the time trial since I'm not officially in the registry yet, only provisional. I do have a ghost replay of my best lap so far, but will probably try to improve on it by Monday.

For those of you with networking issues OR those that want to help figure out other WRSers issues or give tips, check out our new thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-online-networking-tips-discussion.300397/

One of the goals besides educating people on best practices is to establish some recommended setups like recommended router models, best ISPs, etc. We know we can't fix every issue, but hopefully can help point a few people with issues in the right direction. The stewards can't do it alone, we hope to get contributions from the WRS community.

I can't run this or the weekly TT, my wheel (T500rs) jerks around and makes strange noises for some reason. Good luck to all. :gtpflag:

Handbrake was not allowed in the TT, not allowed here either.

Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Available / Optional
  • Driving Line: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake: Prohibited

I need HELP. I don't have a "COURTESY CAR OPTION" under the car selection menu. My options are -- GARAGE and ONE-MAKE only. :confused:

My GT6 is Region 3. Did I miss anything?

Im used to driving with ASM & TC off (SRF & AS off as well) and ABS 1. Am I at a Disadvantage here? :confused:

I'm used to driving with ASM & TC off (SRF & AS off as well) and ABS 1. Am I at a Disadvantage here? :confused:

Those are the basic settings that most of us use...as far as I know.

I wouldn't of thought rooms were allowed yet as TT is still going on.

The online room will put the car under certain conditions that cannot be replicated when running the official TT.

I've never heard a reason for this rule. I can take a couple guesses, but I'm not sure. Can you please clear this up for me? I hardly ever use the handbrake in any car, so it's no big deal; I just never was told why or I just missed it somewhere.

I can't run this or the weekly TT, my wheel (T500rs) jerks around and makes strange noises for some reason. Good luck to all. :gtpflag:

Hope it is no major issue, I had this once aswell, I reinstalled the firmware and all was ok again....

I've never heard a reason for this rule. I can take a couple guesses, but I'm not sure. Can you please clear this up for me? I hardly ever use the handbrake in any car, so it's no big deal; I just never was told why or I just missed it somewhere.
There's an unrealistic tapping method that can be used to combat understeer in turns, but it's pretty difficult to master. We don't want gimmicks to make people fast. :P

Thanks to you guys, I've forgotten how to use the handbrake well. :lol: I didn't use it here, the NSX time trial, and almost none in the X-bow time trial.

Got tired of TT'ing.

1472-6399-8494-1421-9043

Turok and Pitskater are in here with me doing some free run laps along with some short races.

EDIT:
Out

Last edited:

Don't even know how/when to use it, so its not an issue for me. But its good to know how to use it-- it may come in handy in other on line race (not here, of course).

Is there a thread here (GT Planet) that talks about that?

Hey guys i've tried to sign up to eu three times now but it doesn't show up on the table anyone know why ?

If you haven't already, you can get the car by earning every star in the S-class events.

EDIT:
I forgot it was a courtesy car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back