GTP WRS-Online Event 1 : BallS1 to the Wall - January 29, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 274 comments
Registered for NA and added a time to the practice leaderboard. 👍

Just a quick question, if for whatever reason I didn't submit my first two sector times in Time Trial, could I still race the following Wednesday? Or is submitting the Time Trial time mandatory each week? Thanks a lot.

Just a quick question, if for whatever reason I didn't submit my first two sector times in Time Trial, could I still race the following Wednesday? Or is submitting the Time Trial time mandatory each week? Thanks a lot.

It's not mandatory. You choose which weeks you want to participate, both for the TTs and the races.

Hey I plan on being on GT6 for next 9 hrs or so anyone want's run some lap's hit me up let's set something up. This my first WRS race and need get in few lap's with some other people.

I just filled out a more extensive form so I think I good to go :dunce:

Thanks for the heads up Speedy 👍

You are good to go now Lefty. You should show up in all our tables now.

Registered.
I have so many issues controlling this thing under brakes if turning, its a challenge

Registered.
I have so many issues controlling this thing under brakes if turning, its a challenge
Try turning up the ABS (try 10) , it makes braking easier thru turn 1. You can not apply brakes too hard, subtle braking and smooth downshifts will help.

Registered! First race, looking forward to it. My main goal will be staying out of peoples way and race a clean race

This will be my first long distance race. I think I will be happy to finish without causing too much trouble to the guys who will lap me.
Does anyone have an advice for a pit stop strategy? I think stopping once should be fine, am I right?

Yes, stopping once is probably best. A no-stop is technically possible, but it will take some skill and luck to manage the fuel and tires.

The pitstop bug is present, where laps after a pitstop are about 1sec slower than prior to the pitstop, so once your first-stint laps start dropping over 1-2sec vs your best in that stint, probably time to make a pit.

Careful when exiting the pits though. :)

Yes, stopping once is probably best. A no-stop is technically possible, but it will take some skill and luck to manage the fuel and tires.

The pitstop bug is present, where laps after a pitstop are about 1sec slower than prior to the pitstop, so once your first-stint laps start dropping over 1-2sec vs your best in that stint, probably time to make a pit.

Careful when exiting the pits though. :)

Your completely right I tried to do a 40 lap run the other night to work out a game plan.
I managed to get to lap 32 before the tyres were gone you have keep a steady pace to make the tyres last and pull it off I'd say lap 25 would be best option for most

I submitted this morning and made sure I was on the list before I registered for the event. Something else I need to do?

I submitted this morning and made sure I was on the list before I registered for the event. Something else I need to do?
Oh, yes. Now I see. You're all set. 👍
So many entries lately that I tend to lose track a bit sometimes. :sly:

Room open 1472 4711 0038 4891 6149

Network issues for me in Turok134 room so created another.

Room open 1472 4711 0038 4891 6149

Network issues for me in Turok134 room so created another.

I'll join you. Where are the 14 others we had in the practice lobby last week? :lol:

Two times was disconected from see23 loby. Second one my PS3 freezed. My net is good and wasnt disconected. Is it normal to have this kind of issues? Decided take part in my first online race on but i dont now if i could.

I just put in a qualifier this morning, is it alright if I join your guys room?

Yes, I can confirm his qualifier was submitted. DZ, fill out the one time driver registration form please.

Two times was disconected from see23 loby. Second one my PS3 freezed. My net is good and wasnt disconected. Is it normal to have this kind of issues? Decided take part in my first online race on but i dont now if i could.

See our thread on networking issues in this forum for best practices and information. Post questions there if they concern network issues.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-online-networking-tips-discussion.300397/

Back