GTP WRS-Online : Event 17 : An M3 on S3's at GVE - Jan 4

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 209 comments
The bracket assignments are up on the driver registration post here.

The table will not automatically update from now on for this event as we'll have to adjust the brackets manually... You can still sign up for the form, but just post here to the thread also and I'll manually add you. If you submitted a time to WRS you'll slot in the grid where you fit.

For now w-g-e and Chuk have a monopoly on pole position for both regions.

The assignments and starting order for the features will be figured out after the sprints, but right now it looks like you need to finish top 6 in the EU event to advance to Feature A and the top 4 or 5 in the NA race depending on your room assignment.

NOTE: If you DC from the Sprint you can and should join Feature B when it starts. We'll post on the thread as soon as the Feature assignments are made and let everyone know when the feature lounges are ready for customers. If you DC and don't show up for the Feature it will leave the B lounge short of drivers so please come back for more even if you have a bad finish or a DC/DNF.

Ps> when the bracket assignment came out the colors were all the same.. In other words there were 4-5 of the same color in each lounge... So I made changes too minimize overlap... Use the color on the table for the race if you don't mind... Will make better video and pics.

Last edited:
Quick question as this will be my first online event, how do we get the car in question, do I need to purchase an M3 or is it available in the room somehow?

Dave_George
Quick question as this will be my first online event, how do we get the car in question, do I need to purchase an M3 or is it available in the room somehow?

Since this is an arcade mode week and online we are using a car from the "recommended garage" you will have the car when you enter the lounge and you don't need to buy it.

Once in the lounge just go to the garage and pick your color, then select sport soft tires and other options (ABS, traction control, etc) just like offline and you are ready to roll.

Join us for practice tomorrow or before the race and we will show you the ropes. The car doesn't have as much grip online so you'll need a few laps to adjust before the race.

Thanks for all the hard work, Tim. You've been on fire lately! :bowdown:

Since this is an arcade mode week and online we are using a car from the "recommended garage" you will have the car when you enter the lounge and you don't need to buy it.

Once in the lounge just go to the garage and pick your color, then select sport soft tires and other options (ABS, traction control, etc) just like offline and you are ready to roll.

Join us for practice tomorrow or before the race and we will show you the ropes. The car doesn't have as much grip online so you'll need a few laps to adjust before the race.

Many thanks for that 👍

See you tomorrow

Dave

Sorry i had to cancel, problems at my work so i have to go !

By the way.... I think better you made the room's smaller / less drivers !

Hope to see you next time and a happy new year to all, Stay healthy and happy

Greetings Don 👍

Hope to see you next time and a happy new year to all, Stay healthy and happy

Greetings Don 👍

Ok, I cancelled your registration.

Hopefully we'll see you next week. 👍

Happy new year to you too. :gtpflag:

dsgerbc
Hope my offline lap gets inserted into the results before this race...

Sorry, I forgot about that when I pasted in the results. What was your lap time? I'll update it,... Brackets may change a bit.

If you were running EU you would have to be more specific as we have several 1'07.9 times in our grid:

GTP_Biffy.........1'07.912
GTP_Anastasis14...1'07.924
GTP_Davegeorge....1'07.999

But I don't see any in NA so I can go with that. I'm keeping you in Group A since that field has 9 drivers and one extra spot for the final... that grid is definitely a bit more top heavy to earn the extra spot. If we get additional sign ups we may need to shuffle again.

OK, I took you off the EU grid. As I said last night now that I've assigned the rooms the updates are no longer automated and I have to make adjustments manually. With 12 or fewer drivers in the room we lessen the chance of network issues and the dreaded reduced grip bug that's plaguing large grids right now so here's hoping we escape that.

One final note. If all the following race stewards make A Feature the lowest finisher will host the B Feature. On the other hand if all of them fail to make the A Feature the highest finisher will host and race in Feature A. We need an experienced host in each lounge and this is the best way to ensure we have one.

GTP_Hydro
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Gravitron
GTP_Speedy6543
GTP_EDK​

There's enough of us that chances are one of us will finish in each group naturally, but if not we'll force the issue. It will not impact anyone else, except that there will be one fewer driver in the lounge the chosen one has to vacate. e.g. If one steward has to vacate the A Feature someone else will NOT move up from B to take their place.

If we start getting large grids regularly and we run these brackets more often we're going to ask a few other regulars to volunteer to be lounge hosts/stewards. You'll have to have experience in our races and understand the rules and procedure plus you have to have a history of a solid connection and you have to commit to making the event. Invisibility issues or a history of invisible driver syndrome will mean you shouldn't be a lounge host. Those that are interested can hopefully host a few practices to test the connections and make sure no other drivers have issues connecting to the lounge with you as host. A NAT 1 connection is nice, but not required as long as you don't show any symptoms of a bad router. Also a mic is requirement for now to help direct drivers which is why Max isn't on the list above, but if anyone thinks they can lead a room with just text we can give it a shot in practice sometime and maybe remove that restriction.

Thanks!

Pekka got a mic for christmas or new years present I think 'cause he was testing it yesterday. He just needs to set up the volume right, I think.
I could hear him yesterday but a bit in a distance.

Dropped more digits since they are zeros ;)
My color is off now (should be blue).

Gotcha! Pretty cool when hundredths do make a different though isn't it... you know you are in a good competition when it comes down to hundredths and thousandths between drivers.

If we start getting large grids regularly and we run these brackets more often we're going to ask a few other regulars to volunteer to be lounge hosts/stewards. You'll have to have experience in our races and understand the rules and procedure plus you have to have a history of a solid connection and you have to commit to making the event. Invisibility issues or a history of invisible driver syndrome will mean you shouldn't be a lounge host. Those that are interested can hopefully host a few practices to test the connections and make sure no other drivers have issues connecting to the lounge with you as host. A NAT 1 connection is nice, but not required as long as you don't show any symptoms of a bad router. Also a mic is requirement for now to help direct drivers which is why Max isn't on the list above, but if anyone thinks they can lead a room with just text we can give it a shot in practice sometime and maybe remove that restriction.

Thanks!

I would, but I guess that rules me out :sly:

***Driver Notice Regarding Grid Staging***

Due to the fact that this week's event is relying on WRS entries in order to determine Grid positions, we need to setup the Grid manually.
This requires the drivers to line up according to their assigned position so that the game will correctly place each driver for the Grid start.

The Steward for the Sprint races will be GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro. The Stewards for the Main event will be determined once the Sprint races are finished, and rooms assigned.

The procedure for setting up the grid is as follows:
Once practice is over, and the room is reset all drivers must enter the Pits.
All drivers must remain in their Pit while the Steward organizes the driver rollout. No driver shall leave the Pit until they are individually instructed to do so.
Driver will be instructed vocally, as well as with typed messages.
All drivers must refrain from using the message system during this time unless they have a question relevant to the rollout.
Drivers will already know their positions, but must wait until they are called to exit the pit.
If a driver accidentally leaves the Pit early, they should immediately pull over to the right side of the track following the Pit exit, and wait for instructions from the Steward. Do not proceed from that spot until you are instructed to do so.

The first driver out of the pit will proceed to this point on the track between turn 1 and turn 2, and wait for the other drivers to line up behind him:
For the Sprint races GTP_w-g-e and GTP_Chuk are the Lead drivers for both the EU and NA Races (Pole Position 👍)

GrandValleyEast.jpg

The lead driver should not advance beyond this point at any time in the staging.
The remaining drivers will line up behind the lead driver in order, and single file.
No driver should allow their car to move once they are in position.

GrandValleyEast_1.jpg

Once all drivers are on track and in the proper place the Steward will announce, and start the race countdown timer.
Drivers should not move their car during this time at all.
When the timer ends, the drivers will be lined up on the Grid for a Standing start in the correct order as determined by WRS submissions.

^^^ Thanks Marc. Hopefully if there are any questions they are answered today. We should practice this and verify it during the practices today... even with just a few people we can work out the kinks.

Also we are going to turn off visible damage in the lounges tomorrow and probably from now on. It's been linked to lag and the "reduced grip" glitch. None of us have verified it actually does impact anything, but it doesn't add anything non-cosmetic so there is no reason to keep it.

There's a few of us in the practice lounge now 👍

Visible damage is off for this session.

Practice #4: Tuesday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 AM GMT (wednesday)

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_gooners_17
4. GTP_Gravitron

I've got the above signed up for the practice tonight. If we get at least 4 we'll practice the trace reset / staging just to make sure the process works as expected... unless you guys managed to test it in the earlier practice today.

I should be able to pop in for a bit to test the reset / staging.

Practice #4 (NEW): Tuesday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 AM GMT (wednesday)
1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_gooners_17
4. GTP_Gravitron
5. GTP_Hydro

Plus I still haven't figured out that stupid last turn :(

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Smart 🤬

Even with practically everyone coaching me, I can't get it right.
Costs me .500 every lap (EVERY lap! - Christophe can confirm my consistency / futility :lol:)

^^^ Smart 🤬

Even with practically everyone coaching me, I can't get it right.
Costs me .500 every lap (EVERY lap! - Christophe can confirm my consistency / futility :lol:)

I saw when watching replays that some of the guys were kicking it up on the curbs on the right there, but I found more consistency by just staying on the tarmac and making sure I kept my wheels straight under braking. That's the key, I was having all sorts of issues with spinning the car there in my first session, but got it right in from the second one on.

My braking point is where the curbs begin, and running deep is really not a big deal, does no cost you much if anything at all.

With the grip level at real, STAY OFF that inside curb, as it will instantly spin the car.

I'll be there sometime after 10. 👍
Still working on that last corner myself, actually. Max had me by over a tenth!

Don't coach Marc up too much. Remember, Kevin you are supposed to keep your secrets until *after* the race. :lol: Marc's a quick learner and will end up coming from back to the front. Those Canadians are good on slippery surfaces.

Just kidding of course. Kevin, tell me everything you know and I'll send a note to Marc with the important stuff. :sly:

Turns out I can't race tomorrow after 11pm est, so I'm out, have fun guys. Really bummed I can't make it.

EDK
I saw when watching replays that some of the guys were kicking it up on the curbs on the right there, but I found more consistency by just staying on the tarmac and making sure I kept my wheels straight under braking. That's the key, I was having all sorts of issues with spinning the car there in my first session, but got it right in from the second one on.

My braking point is where the curbs begin, and running deep is really not a big deal, does no cost you much if anything at all.

With the grip level at real, STAY OFF that inside curb, as it will instantly spin the car.

Does the real grip stuff kick in near the edge of the track, or only when you touch kerbs/ go off track?

Does the real grip stuff kick in near the edge of the track, or only when you touch kerbs/ go off track?

I think it's just curbing, grass and dirt that's impacted. Not the track near the edge as far as I know.

Back