GTP WRS-Online Event 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS - February 19, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 167 comments
Second, on the time change. We've left it TBD because the lighting is beautiful in this game, but I've testing the early AM and PM on this track. The sunrises and sunsets are at the worst possible spots so I'm not sure we can take advantage of them. We'll do more testing, but we may be stuck running between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM... earlier or later and the sun can be blinding at a critical part of the track. It's too bad because when you are not facing the sun, the track is much more enjoyable when is lower in the sky and not so bright!

I was running the times in the AM during the Practice Session today and I found the sun to be a non-issue. :cool: The earliest I had it was 6:30am. Starting that early, the headlights turn on but are not needed. They then turn off, but they keep the secondary lights on. Eventually those turn off too (duh :P) and the sun is at full strength in a short time. I used the settings of 1 and 3 on the changeability meter and both were acceptable. 👍

I will do more testing for later in the PM the next time I host a Practice Session. 💡

I was running the times in the AM during the Practice Session today and I found the sun to be a non-issue. :cool: The earliest I had it was 6:30am. Starting that early, the headlights turn on but are not needed. They then turn off, but they keep the secondary lights on. Eventually those turn off too (duh :P) and the sun is at full strength in a short time. I used the settings of 1 and 3 on the changeability meter and both were acceptable. 👍

For the 30 mins I was in your session earlier the sun was not an issue, not sure what setting you had at that time.

if i just submited my time trial what are the odds i can make this race? I do suck,if that helps :)

You are in. 👍

Fill out the one time online driver registry form and then sign up for this event. Both links are on the registration post.

Since you are new please carefully read the OLR and in particular the bits about avoiding contact at all costs, safe re-entry after an incident (trip into sand) and resposibilities of lapped cars. Ask here if you have questions.

Join us for practice tomorrow if at all possible so you can get an idea of our procedures and test out your connection.

OLR: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.184984/

1472-6399-9009-5383-6597

Closed. Good practice Mohit.

Ps. I agree that 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM could probably work for time. I think that would be 6:30 start with 14 progression should do the trick for the race.

Might have to manipulate it a bit so the end of pre race practice isn't in the dark though. Maybe with 45 mins to go to the race reset the room back to 6:30 am.

Last edited:
Practice Room Open :cool: closed? :(

GTP-WRS: Camaro @ Big Willow

Room ID 1472-6399-8365-2932-4960

Custom Rims: Allowed

Does it mean only standard size rims allowed, or every size?

When they say "Custom Rims Allowed" I think it means we can have any brand/size/color rim available. Correct me if I am wrong...but do I really need to say that? :D If I'm wrong I will get jumped all over. :guilty::sly:

Last edited:
I can't make the practice race tonight but will be looking for practice races shortly after 10pm est. Try and run a few 10 to 15 lap races. Hopefully a few guys are around and join in as I'm a bit rusty in traffic.

IMHO weather changebility is to fast. Last two laps we are going inthe dark. I dont know why but it is imposible drive in the dark on this track. Other tracks are quite normal in the dark but at this track I absolutely see nothing. This is the reason why I havent signed for race yet.

IMHO weather changebility is to fast. Last two laps we are going inthe dark. I dont know why but it is imposible drive in the dark on this track. Other tracks are quite normal in the dark but at this track I absolutely see nothing. This is the reason why I havent signed for race yet.

By my calculations we end at ~ 6:30 PM... it's not too dark at 6:30 PM. We are definitely NOT wanting to drive in the dark.

Race length: 35 Laps + 1 formation. 35 @ 81.5 sec average = 47.5 minutes + 30 seconds for pit + 2 mins formation = 50 minutes. Add an extra minute buffer to give us 51 mins (The 81.5 secs per lap is already a bit on the conservative side for the faster guys).

51 mins * 14 time progression = 714 minutes = 11.9 hours.... so the winner crosses the finish before 6:30 PM. If someone needs the full 3 minutes of the race finish delay it will go to around 7:00 PM which is dusk, but still not dark.

If we run a B lounge and the winner won't be expected to make that pace we can have the progression in that room set to 13 or even 12, but I'm confident the progression is fine for all the A rooms.

The only risk is something delays the formation lap significantly to the order of 2-3 minutes.

Not all are fast as guys in room A :)

Not everyone in A will be that fast either, but all that matters is the fastest guy in the room + the race finish delay timer. But I agree and I'm OK with room B having the setting lower. At a progression of 12 there is no way the room will hit 6:30. I looked at the week 2 results and room C was 3 minutes slower than room A so we'll take that into account and make sure we don't risk any night driving.

We'll finalize that setting after the practice today (those values are still orange which means tentative).

PS> handicaps are updated to reflect the TT results.

I was able to go all day long without any connection problems; but wouldn't you know it, with 20 seconds left in the countdown until the start of the Practice Race and BAM!!! :ouch: a big, fat DC. :banghead:

Finalized the following after practice today:
  • Time: 6:30 AM
  • Time Progression: 14 (Room A) | 12 (Room B+)
The 6:30 AM start is really nice. The formation lap feels like a morning jog before work. Take in the beauty before focusing in on the serious business. :lol:

Room B/C won't get to see the sunset, but they won't risk any night driving either. If something goes awry with the time in the EU race we'll fix it for the NA race. :scared:

My game has frozen. I'm out for today. Great practice guys. It is clear that is very tough to keep it together for the entire race tomorrow.

NOTE: We just tested the sunset times... It's pretty nice racing from 6:30 PM to 7:15 PM, but from 7:15 PM - 7:45 PM the light fades and by 7:45 it's too dark to race.

The 14 progression really shouldn't be a problem for any room, but I'll leave the 12 progression setting there for the B room just to be conservative. You guys will just miss out on the sunset. :dopey:

PS> Populate the practice leaderboard guys... I know there were several 19's out there today.

Will be setting up a room in about 20 minutes. I haven't done any long races in GT6 yet. Not even sure I've done a pit stop yet. How many laps are the SM's lasting? How about fuel? :dopey:

Anyone interested in running 35 lap practice?

Will be setting up a room in about 20 minutes. I haven't done any long races in GT6 yet. Not even sure I've done a pit stop yet. How many laps are the SM's lasting? How about fuel? :dopey:

Anyone interested in running 35 lap practice?

Fuel will last the entire race. Tires will last at least 20-25 laps (at least the first set). The scuffs they give you in the pits might not last as long, but they aren't too bad, should last at least 15.

Back