GTP WRS-Online Event 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS - February 19, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 167 comments
I won't be in for another hour at least, but I do plan on running 35 lap race practice in free run when I get in there.

Thanks for the info @WRP001.

Unfortunately I have to work in the morning and need to get some practice in right now :(. I like to be fairly comfortable with cars before races as it helps reduce issues with racecraft.

Thanks for the info @WRP001.

Unfortunately I have to work in the morning and need to get some practice in right now :(. I like to be fairly comfortable with cars before races as it helps reduce issues with racecraft.

Usually people are in the room after 11 - 11 30 EST, which is pretty late if you have work in the morning. Good to see you getting decent practice.

If you need practice with cars around and can't make EU practice because of work, just ask to tag along with someone during pre-race warmup tomorrow to get a feel for it 👍.

Found two guys doing practice. Jumping in.

Thanks WRP001 for advising about the in-game penalty for speeding into the pit. Looks like the speed limit is 120mph, at which point it holds the car in the box for an extra 10 seconds. Entered the pit between 115 and 118 several times without a penalty.

Last edited:
I'm practicing in 1472-4711-0467-9859-5925

EDIT: Shaved about 0.6 from my best lap.

Last edited:
You are in. 👍

Fill out the one time online driver registry form and then sign up for this event. Both links are on the registration post.

Since you are new please carefully read the OLR and in particular the bits about avoiding contact at all costs, safe re-entry after an incident (trip into sand) and resposibilities of lapped cars. Ask here if you have questions.

Join us for practice tomorrow if at all possible so you can get an idea of our procedures and test out your connection.

OLR: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.184984/

thanks but im out. soon after i posted this, my internet connection pooped the bed and was down for 24h, not prepared or planned. ill get this weeks time trial nailed down,

does the cars and tracks that are in the time trials soon get used for the online portions?

I missed last night's practice session, so I have a lobby open if anybody wants to join

1472-4711-0167-3382-2837

Edit: I'm out, few people still in room though

Last edited:
does the cars and tracks that are in the time trials soon get used for the online portions?

Yes the online race almost always follows directly after the TT with the same car/track, but sometimes a few tweaks (this week we removed the supercharger).

It's our 10 days of madness program: TT runs from Sunday-Monday (8 days), Tuesday is online practice, Wednesday is race... rinse and repeat.

My internet disapeared. Cant contact provider - phone allways bussy. So I dont know could I race today or not ...

My internet disapeared. Cant contact provider - phone allways bussy. So I dont know could I race today or not ...

I've updated your status to reserve. It looks like we are running two lounges for EU and neither will be maxed out so reserves should have no issue getting a spot...

Having said that, we ask all drivers to update your status at least 90 minutes prior to the event start time. If you are confirmed we expect you to show up.

Be in the lounge AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to the event. We need to start on time today and I'm going to be pushing to stay on schedule... meaning qualifying starts within a few minutes of the target start time... if we run late I won't be able to finish the race.

Final pre-race reminders.
  • Be careful re-entering the track if you go off. The speed in the sand is frustrating and makes it very difficult to return to track safely so it takes quite a gap in the field to get on without creating a new incident.
  • Lapped cars need to be aware of lead lap traffic and move out of the way at the first safe opportunity. Once you see the gap to the leader exceed one minute (and approach 1:15) it's time to start looking in rear view on the straight to see if the guy behind you is battling you for position or lapping you and act accordingly.

After 20 laps, my tyres were shot and the car was understeering all over the show. A pitstop is probably necessary tonight, but the question is, on which lap? It's gonna be tricky with the 2nd pitstop glitch.

After 20 laps, my tyres were shot and the car was understeering all over the show. A pitstop is probably necessary tonight, but the question is, on which lap? It's gonna be tricky with the 2nd pitstop glitch.

FYI: I ran 27 laps on the initial set and 17 laps on the glitched tires last night. At lap 25 the initial set started showing significant issues. 13-14 laps into the 2nd set the tires were tough. So for 35 race laps there are options. Personally I think the optimal window for the pit is from lap 20-25 depending on how hard you push the tires at the start and through stint 1. Take it a little easy on the tires and you can push more toward 25 laps and minimize the time you are on the scuffs.

Something has just come up which means I'm now on the reserves list. :(

If I'm on the reserves list and don't show, do I still get a strike?

Something has just come up which means I'm now on the reserves list. :(

If I'm on the reserves list and don't show, do I still get a strike?

No, that's what reserve status is for... when you aren't sure. It means there are times when you don't get a spot due to splits, but we appreciate it when you put reserve when you aren't sure. 👍

Lounge splits to be announced shortly... do not join a lounge until you are assigned one please.

Here are the lounge splits. Running 3 lounges again with mics-enabled. The # for room C will be put in shortly (so you guys have to hold a couple mins)... refresh the page before you join.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqD_srJjt9VNdGJtMWVjLTYtQUVzUV8tNWcwRW5SVVE&single=true&gid=24&range=L1:AF18&output=html

EDIT: Room C # is now updated. We hope all you confirmed in C show up... A/B have 3 reserves each so we took that into account when making the splits. If someone from C no-shows we may have to shift someone down... let's hope all confirmed drivers show up.

Last edited:
Report to your lounge in 2 minutes if you haven't already... need to start doing invisible driver checks now in order to start on time.

Guess what? :confused: The small Gremlins that live inside the wires around my neighborhood must have received word from the Gremlin that lives inside my Playstation that I was competing in a race today, :rolleyes: so they decided to halt all communication from my PS3 to the outside world for now. :irked: I hate those little 🤬.

I'll be Gremlin hunting to make sure everything is OK for the Americas' Race. :scared:

Guess what? :confused: The small Gremlins that live inside the wires around my neighborhood must have received word from the Gremlin that lives inside my Playstation that I was competing in a race today, :rolleyes: so they decided to halt all communication from my PS3 to the outside world for now. :irked: I hate those little 🤬.

I'll be Gremlin hunting to make sure everything is OK for the Americas' Race. :scared:
D/C d lap 6 cos misses un plug modem not happy
Sorry to hear that for both of you guys :(

Hopefully more luck for the next one. I'm watching EU C right now, and the camera angles on this track, with the sun rising, absolutely stunning.

Very much unplanned, but I thought, why the hell not do a bit of streaming! This is private for the forums though, so only guys here can watch, it's quite nice from the "Watch Race" screen.

Live Replay from EU C

Edit: This is getting exciting! Pitskater lost the lead when he went into the pits, and RoesazGT went into 1st. Looks like he is going for the no stop, and pitskater is making up ground. Will he make it before it's too late? :P

Edit 2: It's all over :)

Last edited:
I completely forgot we changed time (daylight saver) in Brazil last weekend. Argh! I just got here and realised I lost the race time.
Sorry guys.

I completely forgot we changed time (daylight saver) in Brazil last weekend. Argh! I just got here and realised I lost the race time.
Sorry guys.
Ahh shame about that, Daylight saving can get ya like that, make sure you turn your clocks round! :)

Latest Posts

Back