GTP WRS-Online : Event 90 : Roma 300GT - May 29

• Thread starter oink83
  • 169 comments
The EU race was tonight right?

Tomorrow :).

It was practice night tonight if people wanted to join :)! Twissy got the fastest lap with a 1:08.8xx (I think me telling him he was slacking had something to do with that ;)!). We'll see what tomorrow brings, should be good fun, a little more consistent towards the end for myself :)!

Sorry Misread the date. This means I can race tomorrow so I registered. There's a slight chance I'm having dinner by that time, is that a problem since I already registered?

Sorry Misread the date. This means I can race tomorrow so I registered. There's a slight chance I'm having dinner by that time, is that a problem since I already registered?

In the sign up sheet, there's an option for maybe. Check that if you're unsure. And update if you get to know your plans either way.

23+2 reserves!!! What's going on? I like it. The cat is away one week and the mice multiply. :lol:

Each lounge is going to have to do two groups of quali I think. 12 qualifying at once on Rome is not a good idea. Everyone should arrive early because with 2 groups across 2 rooms the qualification needs to start on time for things to progress on schedule.

This is going to be a tough night for the stewards, methinks.

I changed it, thanks.

Hey, glad to see you got signed up! You were great in my lobby the last time, if I remember! Looking forward to racing with you again 👍:gtpflag:

Edit: Woops, accidental double post. Is there no way to delete your posts? Am I being stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's three Pauls signed up for the EU race and 8 D1 drivers. :lol: Has there ever been so many drivers signing up for a single race before?

My quick tune / setup (ran a 1'09.690)

Subaru Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08

333 bhp / 1100kg 538pp

Downforce 35/60

No ballast

Transmission
(First set final gear to 2.500 , then max speed to 270 km/h / 167/8 mph and then set the gears as follows)

Final gear 2.625

LSD
5/10
20/23
12/17

Torque split 50/50

Suspension

10/-20
20.0/8.8
3/7
2/1
7/1

2.0/1.5
-0.25/-0.40

Brakes 0/6 ABS3

Racing Medium tyres

Last edited:
Hey, glad to see you got signed up! You were great in my lobby the last time, if I remember! Looking forward to racing with you again 👍:gtpflag:

Lol thanks I'm super excited to get involved in all these GTP races.👍 One thing though, How am I already allowed to race with you guys while I haven't heard yet if my Qualifier is okay and what division I'm in. I don't expect to hear about my qualifier in the coming 2 weeks due to the info saying it probably takes 2-4 weeks. :boggled:

Lol thanks I'm super excited to get involved in all these GTP races.👍 One thing though, How am I already allowed to race with you guys while I haven't heard yet if my Qualifier is okay and what division I'm in. I don't expect to hear about my qualifier in the coming 2 weeks due to the info saying it probably takes 2-4 weeks. :boggled:

Hey Robert, Welcome from youre neighbour in Belgium, only 15km away from where you live. Hope you settle in niceley, any questions just shoot ;)

You got your provisional division already via PM. I know because I sent it to you:

GTP_RobertSamuel / RobertSamuel / The Netherlands (Division 2-Provisional)

We don't use the handicap online for any reason so you are allowed to race online with just the provisional assignment. The offline system needs the final handicap so there is a wait on that side.

Hey Robert, Welcome from youre neighbour in Belgium, only 15km away from where you live. Hope you settle in niceley, any questions just shoot ;)

Thanks man!
I have the feeling I will settle here nicely, you people seem kind and helpful. :)

You got your provisional division already via PM. I know because I sent it to you:

GTP_RobertSamuel / RobertSamuel / The Netherlands (Division 2-Provisional)

We don't use the handicap online for any reason so you are allowed to race online with just the provisional assignment. The offline system needs the final handicap so there is a wait on that side.

Oh cool! thanks for clarifying that up so quickly.

See the rest you guys on the track tomorrow :mischievous:
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cool! thanks for clarifying that up so quickly.

See the rest you guys on the track tomorrow :mischievous:
:lol:

Yup, for the Time Trials, you will need to wait for your finalised division and handicap, for racing...your good to go! 👍

Just to make sure everyone is well prepared for the race please read following post thoroughly.

To avoid as many connection and/or invisible driver issues as possible please read what's stated in this link on how-to-DMZ your PS3. If possible execute it. This will give your PS3 a more open connection, resulting in less issues in the lounge before the race.

We wil do the qualifying in 3 lounges.
  • D1 guys go to the Main Lounge.
  • D3 guys go to GTP_3D3_A
  • D2 guys go to GTP_3D3_B

Mics will be disabled in the Main lounge and A lounge as these will be used for the race.

Having 8-10 guys per lounge a 1 or 2 group quali will take place. Most likely it'll be 1 group. If 2 groups, the steward will tell who will be in group 1 and 2 in the Lounge.
Quali is Live Online single stint consisting of 2 hotlaps. -> Exit pits, first lap is out lap (not timed) and then the 2 hotlaps start.
Setting gaps during quali is done prior to the first turn. If you happen to come out of the pits shortly after another driver you should stop right there (bearing in mind to leave the pitexit open for other drivers to come out and wait on their turn).
The gap to set is around 7 sec, so if you see the driver if front of you take off as he has set his gap, add 7 sec on the timer and that will be your Q to go.

After Quali is done and we've collected all times, grid positions will be announced and Lounge switches will be made by the concerned drivers.

The race will start with a staggered formationlap and a speedlimit of 62mph/100kph, the speed in the last sector and final stretch will be reduced to 50mph/80kph.
The driver in pole position should mention where he wants to start (left or right) and all drivers behind should maintain their left-right-left-right (staggered) position during the formationlap. No overlap with the car in front if you is allowed!

Come to the lounge as soon as you can so we can work out (if any) connection issues.

If you have any more questions, ask them now well before the quali and race!

Last edited:
Good to see the WRS thriving so much! I can only see this getting bigger and better when GT6 comes around. This eve's race will be fierce in all divisions

Gutted im going to have to work late so ill be lucky to be back in time so i've had to cancel.
Have fun

See you there Chris 👍 Let battle commence
Cool. :mischievous: Looks like we're in good company this week as well mate. 👍 Great to see so many sign-ups, particularly from D1. Its going to be mental. :P

:sly: big starting field, me likey.
I'll have too start practicing as soon as I get home I think, only broke the car in with Bob.
No miles done myself :nervous: but the track is one of my favourites..

Looking forward to this race.. it is going to be intense though Setting :10's consistently now :)

I'm pretty sure you already know my plan from yesterdays races

Hook a huge turbo on and do a runner :D?

I needed more consistency so when I get home tonight do a few more laps so I can pray to keep up!

Thanks for posting this Speedy. I'm quoting so that anyone who hasn't read will do so. We have a few new guys this week and it's important to get this ahead of time as mics are disabled this week. Also, I'm going to add a bitlot more after the quoted message:

Just to make sure everyone is well prepared for the race please read following post thoroughly.

To avoid as many connection and/or invisible driver issues as possible please read what's stated in this link on how-to-DMZ your PS3. If possible execute it. This will give your PS3 a more open connection, resulting in less issues in the lounge before the race.

We wil do the qualifying in 3 lounges.
  • D1 guys go to the Main Lounge.
  • D3 guys go to GTP_3D3_A
  • D2 guys go to GTP_3D3_B

Mics will be disabled in the Main lounge and A lounge as these will be used for the race.

Having 8-10 guys per lounge a 1 or 2 group quali will take place. Most likely it'll be 1 group. If 2 groups, the steward will tell who will be in group 1 and 2 in the Lounge.
Quali is Live Online single stint consisting of 2 hotlaps. -> Exit pits, first lap is out lap (not timed) and then the 2 hotlaps start.
Setting gaps during quali is done prior to the first turn. If you happen to come out of the pits shortly after another driver you should stop right there (bearing in mind to leave the pitexit open for other drivers to come out and wait on their turn).
The gap to set is around 7 sec, so if you see the driver if front of you take off as he has set his gap, add 7 sec on the timer and that will be your Q to go.

After Quali is done and we've collected all times, grid positions will be announced and Lounge switches will be made by the concerned drivers.

The race will start with a staggered formationlap and a speedlimit of 62mph/100kph, the speed in the last sector and final stretch will be reduced to 50mph/80kph.
The driver in pole position should mention where he wants to start (left or right) and all drivers behind should maintain their left-right-left-right (staggered) position during the formationlap. No overlap with the car in front if you is allowed!

Come to the lounge as soon as you can so we can work out (if any) connection issues.

If you have any more questions, ask them now well before the quali and race!

OK, Are you ready for a typical WRP monster post? :lol:

A steward will open each of the 3 lounges about an hour before the event start time (~18:00 GMT) and post in this thread when it's ready for drivers to join at which point you can enter. Do not join the lounge before that post as we need a verified host to properly set up the lounge. If you want to practice earlier use your own lounge.

Qualifying will start promptly at 19:00 GMT. Try to be in the lounge no later than 18:50 GMT this week. We need to be efficient as this multi-lounge process will take a bit longer than our usual procedure and any connection issues when switching could delay us further. (If you are late, follow the directions below).

At 18:55 the steward will close the track and clear the leader board times. Drivers on track should *immediately* stop lapping and exit to the lobby. Your practice lap times will remain on the board when you exit. To clear the times you have to re-enter the pits and then exit to the lobby again. Once all drivers have cleared their times and are waiting in the lobby any last minute questions will be addressed. At 19:00 GMT sharp the steward will announce "pits open" and all drivers should immediately enter the pits and remain in the pits (do not enter track). Once all drivers are loaded in the pits (including the steward) the director will announce "track open" and then qualification will officially begin.

Follow the procedure as outlined by Speedy above to establish gaps on the very first part of the out-lap. It works well if all drivers exit the pits within a 5-10 seconds of eachother (as soon a the track is open) and queue up (fully stopped) a short distance past the pit exit where all can see the track map and the queue in front of them. Do not remain in the pits too long as you are blind to what's happening on the track. One tip is if you are on the slower end of the spectrum in your room wait 5 seconds after the track is open before releasing from the pits and if you are on the faster spectrum release immediately. The gap system works best if the fastest drivers are in the front and the slower drivers at the back... that way the gaps generally grow during the hot laps rather than get squeezed. We always try to create the largest gap at the back which allows for a difference in pace between the fastest and slowest without compromising the gaps or anyone's laps. If you are parked in the queue on track watching the map and release at an appropriate time it all goes very smoothly and everyone gets the same gaps and it's fair. Once you start on the out-lap and the gap in front is established proceed at or very near race pace for the remainder of the out lap to maintain the gaps in front and behind you.

If you have an off or accident during quali you are responsible for not interfering with another drivers lap. You may need to ghost your car and wait for a long gap to get back on the racing line... that might mean waiting until that large gap after the last driver. Once you crash, you are responsible for not impacting another drivers lap. Drafting isn't allowed during qualification so the gap is a requirement. If you make an unsafe return to track and impede another driver or utilize the draft you will be subject to a grid start penalty.

After your two hot laps proceed a bit away from the finish line (after turn 1) and then park/ghost and wait for instructions. Stay on track until your fast lap time is recorded and typed into the chat box by a steward. This will allow you to verify it was recorded correctly by cross checking with your HUD. At that point you can exit to the lobby and wait for all three rooms to finish quali and for drivers to move to the appropriate racing lounge. Finally, at that point the racing will begin! :lol:

Our goal is to complete this entire quali process in 15 minutes and have the race started by 19:20 GMT, but be prepared for short delays as this is our first time trying it out. The biggest delay risk is connection issues while shuffling lounges. That's why we are encouraging you to set up your PS3 on your DMZ. Short of a DMZ, the next best thing is to make sure your NAT type is 2 and UPnP is enabled*. Any of you that don't race online online often may have issues so arrive to your quali lounge early and most likely if we can sort out the issue at that point it won't be a problem when/if you have to switch to another racing lounge.

Problems:
We will not start a race if we are aware of "invisible" drivers in the room. Although it's not too big of a deal for qualification it can really disrupt a race. You will know if you are suffering from that problem if you see loading bars under a driver from the lobby. Basically looks like an animated progress bar under another drivers name. If you see that loading bar at any time other than when a driver first enters the room you need to notify the room host immediately. The only remedy we know is to leave the room and return. Sometimes both drivers have to do this and sometimes only one. Sometimes it helps to reset your modem/route, shut down the PS3 and clear the cache. Hopefully we won't see the issue, but if we do we'll give each driver one shot (or until 19:30) at correcting the issue and if it's not corrected the driver will not be allowed to race. It's up to you to test/verify your own connection. If invisible driver issues are discovered after the race starts we'll just do the best we can to minimize the impact and the race will not be restarted.

Tardiness:
If you are late you may not be allowed to race. It depends on when you arrive, when you notify us of your tardiness and what the counts are in the lounges. If you know ahead of time what time you can join post here and the thread and we will give you instructions. If you are late due to last minute circumstances and it's before 19:05 then proceed to your qualifying lounge immediately. After 19:05 please post a message here that you are late, but ready to join and make sure you are all logged in and ready to join one of the lounges at a minutes notice. The stewards will check the thread just before opening the track for quali and just before starting their race and give you instructions at that time via PSN message. If you post after the start of the race you will unfortunately be locked out and cannot join the lounge. In that case you can watch the race on oink's stream. Latecomers that miss qualification will start in the back of the B race so keep that in mind. If you aren't happy with it then you are welcome to exit and show up on time next week.

Back