GTP WRS-Online : Event 90 : Roma 300GT - May 29

• Thread starter oink83
  • 169 comments
mj reassigned to A lounge... hope he can get in...

The race in the main lounge is underway and I'm streaming the leader board.

oh well. Failed to qualify! there was a rogue in the room tonight that kept causing me to dc. I've never dc'd in GT5 before and my connection is as solid as ever so I guess someone had to give. I was looking forward to a good race but, not to be tonight.

Thanks to Pekka for sharing his tune. I was clocking high '08's / low '09s in practice with my race car which was good wrs pace and considering I only got that car out today I was quite pleased.

Maybe next time.....

oh well. Failed to qualify! there was a rogue in the room tonight that kept causing me to dc. I've never dc'd in GT5 before and my connection is as solid as ever so I guess someone had to give. I was looking forward to a good race but, not to be tonight.

Thanks to Pekka for sharing his tune. I was clocking high '08's / low '09s in practice with my race car which was good wrs pace and considering I only got that car out today I was quite pleased.

Maybe next time.....

Sorry... you and Ghost were the only two not to race. He never showed up in the 2nd lounge for some reason. Another 5 guys joined the room after quali and they all got in... except mj who could load at all and he went back to the 2nd lounge and got in fine.

Did you ever try the 2nd lounge? If you couldn't get in there it's doubtful it was the fault of another driver.

Worst race I've done in ages....

Lost all consistency, then decided to pit early (I didn't need to pit, was hoping for a big undercut) but ended up coming out in a big pack, then completely messed up chicane, i hit pause as spurgy went through me but in a mad dash I hit it to many times tried again but sped of and hit JTV which I can only apologise for....

Lets hope that's the worst one I ever do out the way and never again!!! :grumpy:

Surprised Max made the 0-stop work, I believe he was the only one who went for the 0stop. Anyway 2nd in my division and 8th (forgot about formation lap) overall is good in my books 👍

Last edited:
That was epic had one of the best battles I have ever had in gt5 with robert it lasted about 15 laps really fun!

Well done James on the win.

Had a good battle with Frank for most of the race, was fun 👍

@Shawn - sorry for blocking you on lap 14, my car had damage and just flew me into your path, was trying to keep out of your way the best I could.

Well, after causing some trouble trying to connect to the lobby, I got disconnected in the middle of the race :(

my connection seems to act weird on Wednesdays!

Well done James on the win.

Had a good battle with Frank for most of the race, was fun 👍

@Shawn - sorry for blocking you on lap 14, my car had damage and just flew me into your path, was trying to keep out of your way the best I could.

No worries.

So that was my first WRS race. I expected to much from myself while not having enough practice (offline only) :lol:. Despite making countless mistakes I really enjoyed the race, lots of clean battles. That's something I've been looking for for ages. 👍
Next time, I will be better prepared with a setup and more experience with the car on track. :sly:

I want to thank Oink for introducing WRS via his livestreams, and Mika for convincing me to sign my ass up. I love this already and can't wait for next race.

Thanks to everyone who makes this possible. This ****in' AWESOME

:gtpflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
So that was my first WRS race. I expected to much from myself while not having enough practice (offline only) :lol:. Despite making countless mistakes I really enjoyed the race, lots of clean battles. That's something I've been looking for for ages. 👍
Next time, I will be better prepared with a setup and more experience with the car on track. :sly:

I want to thank Oink for introducing WRS via his livestreams, and Mika for convincing me to sign my ass up. I love this already and can't wait for next race.

Thanks to everyone who makes this possible. This ***in' AWESOME

:gtpflag:

I said you would enjoy it now let's hope solidsnake will join us soon as well. He said to me he was going to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the results from EU.

Room 1

d6gwpMN.png

Room 2

ZOQTLQ5.png

And when we mash it all together:

EU Combined Rooms

duuBgy4.png

Well done guys on the biggest grid EVER in WRS (I think?) Let's keep this going!

Last edited:
Not an auspicious return to WRS 3D3 for me... Felt ok in qualy but was quite cautious so I didn't tip the wall. Pace seemed ok though and thought I was good to go. First stint was ok and did alot of swapping places with Spurgy. Stopped for tyres on lap 25 and a few had managed the undercut. But then I seemed to have no pace and felt like a sitting duck on every straight, even only just catching the car in front while in the slipsteam. Just as Ren was coming up behind me (lap 44 I think) my right foot started cramping (the pressure :P) and I had to stop to relax it. If you've ever had foot cramp, well, its a damn nuisance. Looks like I better get some long sessions in if I'm going to pick up racing properly again for anything more than 10 laps.

Good fun while it lasted though. 👍

Not an auspicious return to WRS 3D3 for me... Felt ok in qualy but was quite cautious so I didn't tip the wall. Pace seemed ok though and thought I was good to go. First stint was ok and did alot of swapping places with Spurgy. Stopped for tyres on lap 25 and a few had managed the undercut. But then I seemed to have no pace and felt like a sitting duck on every straight, even only just catching the car in front while in the slipsteam. Just as Ren was coming up behind me (lap 44 I think) my right foot started cramping (the pressure :P) and I had to stop to relax it. If you've ever had foot cramp, well, its a damn nuisance. Looks like I better get some long sessions in if I'm going to pick up racing properly again for anything more than 10 laps.

Good fun while it lasted though. 👍

It looked to me like you were locked in a 4 car battle for quite some time during the first stint. I was only half paying attention so I have to re-watch the feed.

It looked to me like you were locked in a 4 car battle for quite some time during the first stint. I was only half paying attention so I have to re-watch the feed.
Yeah the first stint was great fun. Once I lost the tow though, I was out of it. A tough evening for me.

Really liked the combo for this event. Had a good battle with vagabond in the first few laps. And was a case of trying to be consistent after that. Debating doing the NA race tonight :)

And this is what I call a great results board guys. Big 👍 to Holty for the 3rd in combined, really good for a D3 guy :).

On my side, (and i switch to off topic if you guys don't mind),
Off topic: I'm off to the Poker tournament. Currently 28th on the board for the Season of Wednesdays with 11 tournaments remaining. Finished 11th overall past season, I aim a top 10 for this one.
I hope to qualify for the Season of Mondays finals as I'm currently 37th with only 5 tournaments played on 10 and only 2 remaining, qualifying cut-off is 36th (one season = 12 weeks, 12 tournaments). Crossed fingers
I just back from the tournament and I won it (click on "Mercredi 29 Mai 2013" to see details), wich gives me the 4th place on the standings for now. I'll have to push hard to keep the top 10 for the 10 weeks remaining, even top 5, why not ;)

On topic: I think I'll be there for the NA race, I'll update my status when I'll be sure ;)

----------------------------

By the way, is there a place where I can speak about Poker on gtplanet? I mean is there already a thread for that or should I create one? ('cause I know that "off topic" isn't the best way to go on gtplanet ;) )

Last edited:
On my side, (and i switch to off topic if you guys don't mind
I just back from the tournament and I won it (click on "Mercredi 29 Mai 2013" to see details), wich gives me the 4th place on the standings for now. I'll have to push hard to keep the top 10 for the 10 weeks remaining, even top 5, why not ;)

On topic: I think I'll be there for the NA race, I'll update my status when I'll be sure

Welldone Will, very nice achievement. See ya in tonights race.

By the way, is there a place where I can speak about Poker on gtplanet? I mean is there already a thread for that or should I create one? ('cause I know that "off topic" isn't the best way to go on gtplanet ;) )

Maybe here?

There may be a thread regarding poker (have a search around), or you could start a thread that you update with your ongoing poker endeavors that people can check in on if you fancy.

Had to pull out. Have to write a midterm first thing tomorrow morning so need to make sure I'm ok there.

The lounge has already been opened. NA race being held in 3D3 Racing - Main

By the way, wins and podiums are awarded to both rooms for the EU race. The merged results are purely for comparison purposes for the weekly events. It's different in a point series like the F1 Championship where more points are awarded to the A race depending on the series rules.

When we merge in the NA results with the EU results it should make for some interesting stuff.

Therefore congratz to Twissy and Pekka for the wins.

Good racing guys. I ruined my own race by failing in quali. Ran almost the exact same pace as race leader throughout the whole of my second stint when I was running alone, with my worst lap in the whole stint on the second last lap of the race (with the worn down tyres) and that was almost the same time as my quali lap! :banghead:

Good racing guys. I ruined my own race by failing in quali. Ran almost the exact same pace as race leader throughout the whole of my second stint when I was running alone, with my worst lap in the whole stint on the second last lap of the race (with the worn down tyres) and that was almost the same time as my quali lap! :banghead:

Have to check that TCS setting before qualifier next time. Thanks for hosting the race tonite, and congrats to all the winners of all the races.

Latest Posts

Back