GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'WRS-OE Archive' started by Speedy6543, Dec 29, 2013.

1. oink83

oink83 Premium

Thanks everyone for racing today. Both EU and NA was great fun, love the combo :tup: @EDK

NA I managed to get into the 43's, with a 43.6 being my best lap of the night which I'm pretty pleased of, and being able to battle it out with @PASM is not something I get to do very often, and always a pleasure :) Also wanna say, great job @Seize_HKS. First outing with us, and you're very quick and clean, hope to see you in more events :gtpflag:

Seize_HKS, Cats_PJs, Nish and 2 others like this.
  2. PASM

PASM Moderator

That was great fun. The EU races were just amazing and nerve-wrecking at the same time.

I dropped in a bit late at the NA race in @oink83's lobby, because I still hadn't had enough. Great to meet new people too.

Cya all next week :tup:

3. Steve Justice

Steve Justice

Thanks everyone! My first time racing here on GTPlanet, it was really fun. I'm new to sim racing in general, so I still have a lot to learn.

hasslemoff, EDK, WRP001 and 4 others like this.
  4. Seize_HKS

Seize_HKS

My first GTP Event and I must say thanks for the races. Couldn't remember when was the last time I had this much fun and competition! It was a close call for me as I had only a few hours of time for practicing. Would definitely do better next time! Best lap for me was a 43.820. Really lookin' forward to the next race! Cheers and see ya guys next time:)

5. Tombstoneplt

Tombstoneplt

You'll never be at the back for long with me around Eggstor although the last race was encouraging for me. Led till the second last lap!

Lots more fun in the weeks to come.

Scott aka Tombstoneplt

Thanks Gravitron in the lead up to this event. I appreciate the mentorship.

My first two races tonight were OK with some bumping (both by me and by some others) that I'm not sure would meet OLR rules but it was tight with 12 cars bunched at times. Fun all the same.

I almost quit after race 3 as we did a reverse field and in the second lap I got excited about being in the top 3 and promptly smashed the wall in the start of the 2nd lap. I limped back up to the bumper of 11th but finished dead last...

Almost quit after that race but knew I'd keep the reverse grid pole. This time I just ignored my rearview and ran consistent 1'46s (my best was only in the 1'46s) and led all the way to lap 8 where a lost a position (nice job Billy!). That was the race I needed to bring me back for more!

WRS is an awesome way to spend great leisure time in a friendly competitive environment.

See y'all next time!

Scott

6. Racingworld68

Racingworld68 Premium

You are on my friendslist now, so feel free to join me online whenever you feel like it. most of the time i am practising the next upcomming event...

7. Drax Carter

Drax Carter Premium

Had a great time with the 3 races I was involved in, though after disconnecting from the 3rd race, I forgot to lower traction control to 0 prior to the 4th race beginning therefor ended up crossing the line in last place :sly:

also had a few mishaps with a couple of drivers so my apologise to them :cheers:

Looking forward to future races in the WRS

hasslemoff likes this.
  8. kreezydoed

kreezydoed Premium

Man, that was fun last night, had some very nice and close battles (at the back:lol:).

Just in the last 2 races I couldn't get that first chicane wright anymore and kept slamming into the wall.
    I know I have to work to be a bit more consistent.

Thanks to everybody who showed up and made this work:tup:

Keep those events comin':cheers:

Sjaak and hasslemoff like this.
  9. jammy21

jammy21 Premium

Yeah it was fun last night in EU races. Close racing all the time - in front, middle and back. I don't remember when it was last time that much close racing :tup:

hasslemoff likes this.
  10. Racingworld68

Racingworld68 Premium

Here are some pictures from yesterday's races in room B1, enjoy :)

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_4.jpg

Can you make a car disappear ? GTP_Sig can, note that the second picture is the same from another angle.

Trial Mountain Circuit_6.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_7.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_8.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_10.jpg

And finally we had 3 high flyers, litaral :D Steve, Paul and Warlock

Trial Mountain Circuit_9.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_11.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_12.jpg

11. BanditKarter22

BanditKarter22

Great racing last night guys! Really enjoyed the close battles we had! :cheers:

12. WORLDFAMOUS07

WORLDFAMOUS07

Have a lot of work to do if I want to run with you guys. I can't believe I got stomped so bad. However, I had fun and now need to figure what I did wrong to go so slow. Live and learn, huh? Looking forward to our next outing.

13. BanditKarter22

BanditKarter22

Does it still count as a clean overtake if we go over the top? :sly:

Nish, Firecracker and doodlemonoply like this.
  14. Doodle

Doodle Premium

:lol:

15. WRP001

WRP001 Staff Emeritus

Yah, but you can't induce that action with the handbrake. :sly:

16. Nish

Nish

It's odd as me and Paul could see each other :lol:, I figured it would only be Paul and Warlock as they couldn't see each other. Another thing thats odd is that's definitely my car but I don't wear a black suit or helmet :boggled:. Overall was the same great racing that I've come to enjoy with the WRS, can't wait for the TT's.

17. Racingworld68

Racingworld68 Premium

You are in the first picture while you where in a fight with GTP_Sig, the second and third picture is Warlock and Paul. So actually it is Warlock wearing the black suit and helmet. Just wanted to clear that up.... ;)

18. Nish

Nish

I didn't notice Warlock and I had the same colour (almost) and wheels :lol:. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Racingworld68 likes this.
  19. LittlePaul78

LittlePaul78

Great pictures!

Racingworld68 likes this.
  20. WRP001

WRP001 Staff Emeritus

21. Windy_1238

Windy_1238 Premium

Frank I sent you a friend request thinking maybe I also could join in on the practice sessions.

Allibubba99 likes this.
  22. Racingworld68

Racingworld68 Premium

I will accept as soon as i am back on PS3, you know you are more then welcome.... and so is anybody else....

Firecracker likes this.
  23. oink83

oink83 Premium

Thought I would post up the replay from race #1 in A room NA. Was an incredibly close race all the way to the end. I would have posted my best lap, too, but that was in race 3, and apparently I forgot to save that replay :(

For those of you that don't have time for a whole race, this one is lap 4 of the above race. This was probably the best lap. 3 of us bumper to bumper all the way from start of the lap to the end. Almost looked more like 1 long limo car, not 3 separate cars because it was so well driven! Great combo for practising close quarters racing :D

Seize_HKS, otxjto, WayneGTC and 12 others like this.
  24. WRP001

WRP001 Staff Emeritus

25. mohitraina91

mohitraina91 Premium

Dats some dope driving yo.

oink83 likes this.
  26. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

I've uploaded my PoV - Real Time of the last race in Lounge 1 of the EU event! Everyone was truely on the limit in this one I think :)! Make sure you watch until the end!

P.s. I didn't wipe out bandit, plenty of room and he turned off afterwards! I also did that on the line as I really compromised JTV, so was deserved place for him!

27. Doodle

Doodle Premium

^ My favorite race of the whole night.

28. Seize_HKS

Seize_HKS

It was really a good race! I'm still enjoying it now on youtube lol

29. Allibubba99

Allibubba99 Premium

I participated in 7 of the 8 races yesterday. Here are a few captured moments.....

Al

Trial Mountain Circuit copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_1 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_4 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_5 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_6 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_9 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_11 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_12 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_13 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_15 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_16 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_17 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_18 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_21 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_23 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_24 copy.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_27 copy.jpg

30. PASM

PASM Moderator

Wow, epic pictures Al :bowdown:

Allibubba99 likes this.