GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
This doesn't need a lot of practise. Great combo! I did a 44.2 in that race and will submit it.

44.4 @Gravitron? Damn that's a saucy lap!

Edit: Or was that in draft during a race? Because that's cheating :sly:

That was a perfect lap for me. :D It was in practice mode, following Speedy, but I was definitely out of draft range. He was always over 1sec ahead on that lap.
I can't figure out how to get to the live timing screen without clearing my best-lap, so this will have to do as proof:

20140101_160037[1].jpg

Got to thank Coach Speedy for getting me into the 44s, watching my laps in the Watch Race screen and giving tips. 👍👍

Done some practice, and my current best is a 1'44.305, though with a poor T3. My best splits combined would probably give me a 1'44.0xx, though it's tough to know since GT6 won't even show you your best lap, let alone that lap's split times.

Done some practice, and my current best is a 1'44.305, though with a poor T3. My best splits combined would probably give me a 1'44.0xx, though it's tough to know since GT6 won't even show you your best lap, let alone that lap's split times.
It's gonna be so close on the day, the races will be decided by who has the best race craft 👍

The practice laps are integrated into the registration image and sorted... these will be used to determine the lounge you are assigned. Your starting position within the lounge will be determined by live qualifying. So it's important that as many of you as possible submit a practice lap.

I had a lot of fun practicing with the guys today. 👍
It's a pity that the races are at 9AM and 4PM NZ time and I work 8 - 5, so I won't be able to participate.
It was awesome being in an online lobby with aliens though. They are :crazy: fast!

I had a lot of fun practicing with the guys today. 👍
It's a pity that the races are at 9AM and 4PM NZ time and I work 8 - 5, so I won't be able to participate.
It was awesome being in an online lobby with aliens though. They are :crazy: fast!

We run on Saturdays at times so hopefully you can race with us now and again!

@Animera and others for whom the NA/EU timeslots don't work:

As we find out how many folks are interested and where they're from, we will be evaluating whether the timeslots we picked for GT5 are best for GT6.

If there's enough AU/NZ interest to consistently get 6 racers and a steward, it may just work. We're checking with our stewards in your region and will have them open an interest-check thread in this sub-forum if they are up for it.

Practice room open :)

Room no: 1472-6399-9009-5381-3623

Seen as though I can't drive in real life today due to alcohol from last night, ive opened a practice room.

1472-4711-0038-4890-8506
Title: WRS/3d3 Pug 207 gti

Please state WRS when you join, I may not be there all the time though.

Can you tell me how I can find your room so that I might be able to practice? I attempted to setup a room but have been unable locate the room? Don't know what thats all about?

Can you tell me how I can find your room so that I might be able to practice? I attempted to setup a room but have been unable locate the room? Don't know what thats all about?
You see the number Speedy quoted. Go to the Online lobbie selection screen, the choose the option to join by ID. Then type that long number in, and you should find it.

The room number is: 1472-6118-4130-9220-8906

Not sure when I can join tonight, but I'll look for open practice rooms like @razerer's. If I see none, I'll make one.

I'm leaving now. Feeling better about my skills now. Ran a 1'44.300 and my best splits will get me just into the 43s.

Patrick is in the room now.

Just saw, I have the exact same time as PASM.:)

Last edited:
Great racing...

Just so we don't scare everyone away... We aren't all that fast! These are aliens. :lol:

Good race earlier with Bandit 👍

At least now I can see where I'm losing all my time. If I tried that, my Peugeot would be rock-colored (and as lumpy as the rock wall).

Back