GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 121 : The Legacy, (really?) V2.0 - Races Complete - January 15, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 427 comments
Well if more than 2 wheels are over the white line it would be deemed as dirty. The better you are, the closer you can get to that line. Having said that, there may well have been some dirty laps done in a practice session, but we can only hope that the lap times people submit to the practice board are clean laps, as that would defeat the whole purpose. Not only that, but you would be doing self-harm by submitting a faster lap than you are capable of. All that would achieve is that person is then put in a lobby with guys all going faster than said person, and you would be racing by yourself, and having no fun.

So if you like fun...submit your fastest clean lap :D

I thought all tarmac was track? I better review that.

Sorry for the delay, racers. :)

NA Lounge Assignments

Room A: (# 1472-6118-3615-5261-2060)
  1. GTP_BanditKarter (R)
  2. Seize_HKS
  3. GTP_PASM (Host)
  4. doodlemonoply
  5. jactin127
  6. GTP_JTV (steward)
  7. GTP_CargoRatt
  8. GTP_otxjto
  9. GTP_Revoy (R)
  10. joshcleveland
  11. Luni_Legacy

Room B: (# 1472-6399-8365-2931-0479)
  1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
  2. GTP_Rph
  3. GTP_NishRacer
  4. GTP_Patrick1
  5. GTP_See23
  6. GTP_Eggstor
  7. GTP_GDS
  8. kessil
  9. EWeinbauer
  10. GTP_DeathStar
  11. FerrariF1GT (R)
  12. GTP_EDK* (steward)

Room C: (# 1472-6118-3787-3247-9048)
  1. GTP_Gravitron (Host)
  2. GTP_Allibubba99
  3. GTP_AspecBob (R)
  4. GTP_WORLDFAMOUS07
  5. OHood30*
  6. DiabolicCreation*
  7. GTP_MooCow*
  8. EuroAWD*
  9. MrMelancholy15*
  10. qui125*
  11. CoachMK21*

* no laptime on the practice leaderboard
Hi, I'm not in a room yet I signed up? What Is the slower one and can I go in that

Please update your registration if you won't be making it, by resubmitting the form:

If you are going to race, please try to join at least 20min before Quali starts, in other words, please join in the next 6minutes. ;)

@Kalem, you can join mine. 👍

Please update your registration if you won't be making it, by resubmitting the form:

If you are going to race, please try to join at least 20min before Quali starts, in other words, please join in the next 6minutes. ;)

Ok cheers im in now

M

Maybe I did it wrong? I put down blue car black rims and a practice time

I downloaded v1.03 yesterday
and now it says i have to download anoother update again???

I guess i wont be able to make it tonight :(

getting the update now

download done !

getting in

going to C room

sorry everyone for being tardy

i can't talk... i got no mic

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry for those guys in Room C, my connection seems bad today, it keeps on bouncing me out ...

I am missing out on my first race.

Thanks Gravitron for facilitating me and mohitraina91 for leading me here ;)

Yeah, something was up in Group C.

Oh well, things happen.

I'll try to figure out how to see people in the lobby for next week. Seeing 6/8 isn't good.

I was able to see all the drivers on the same track at the same time; oh, happy days. No Invisibles from my POV.

...can't wait for the next Race/TT to be listed.

Last edited:
Thanks Lucas and Al for doing the best you could under the circumstances 👍

Had fun staying close to Billy in the first race, got in first for one lap, I think, but unfortunately, it wasn't the last one!

Looked like it was going to be a similar story in the 2nd race (except Lucas and Al were looming very close), but Billy's trouble at the end of lap 2 (?) distracted me (not Billy's fault, there was no contact) and I lost control at the last corner and hit the pit wall head-on when I tried to move over to let people pass me... I was making up time not too bad after that, but then made the same mistake two laps in a row at the last corner (caught some grass), slowing me down quite a bit.

Good racing everyone, hope to see you all next week! :cheers:

I think I'm done online racing. I can't keep up with even 2nd-to-last.

See you in the offline time trials.

You just need to practice more. Practice with people on your friends list, who are similar pace. Even with these unofficial races, the atmosphere can be a bit stressful. Get used to running with the online physics, get used to running next to other cars. It's fun. 👍

It's also easily possible we put you in the wrong room. I think you would have done fine in our room, and would have been similar speed as Kalem and EuroAWD (and Lefty too).

We only got 2 races done due to all the connection problems and people showing up late. But they were fun still and look forward to more. 👍

Fun running in a tight pack with Al and Billy in that 2nd race. :)

Thanks Lucas and Al for doing the best you could under the circumstances 👍

Had fun staying close to Billy in the first race, got in first for one lap, I think, but unfortunately, it wasn't the last one!

Looked like it was going to be a similar story in the 2nd race (except Lucas and Al were looming very close), but Billy's trouble at the end of lap 2 (?) distracted me (not Billy's fault, there was no contact) and I lost control at the last corner and hit the pit wall head-on when I tried to move over to let people pass me... I was making up time not too bad after that, but then made the same mistake two laps in a row at the last corner (caught some grass), slowing me down quite a bit.

Good racing everyone, hope to see you all next week! :cheers:

How was that finish between me and you! I could feel you creeping up the whole race

Im slow as well, d3 bronze, trying to improve, let me know if you want to do some practice online together. PSN is ktrain186

It's also easily possible we put you in the wrong room. I think you would have done fine in our room, and would have been similar speed as Kalem and EuroAWD (and Lefty too).

We only got 2 races done due to all the connection problems and people showing up late. But they were fun still and look forward to more. 👍

Fun running in a tight pack with Al and Billy in that 2nd race. :)
Or more likely I had a "hero" lap in practice. I had one lap all night in the 26's.

My problem is the tight packs. I just get so slow in them trying to stay off people.

It's all comes down to experience driving near other humans. If you've played GT for a long time and haven't done much online, you're probably like me in the A-spec races. Abuse the AI to no end.

Even after doing online races here every Wed for 6 months I still was getting nervous and almost nauseous beforehand. But having people who were similar speed as me and driving close to them really forces you to improve together (As @GTP_DeathStar was saying).

The leaderboard is there to help us place you. Some will want to enter their best laps so they can run with people faster than them. Some will want to enter their average laps so they can get used to close racing.

To the staff/admins:

My apologies for not showing up tonight, but I just got back from the hospital about an hour ago. My granddaughter became violently ill and had to be rushed to the ER. She is fine now, well as good as can be expected, as it turns out she just had a severe case of food poisoning. She is recovering now and is expected to be just fine. Again, my apologies for my absence.

Back