GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
Was a great support race for me gained a lot of info about tyre/fuel and also my fellow GT3 runners.

I made a mistake after the start and dropped back to last in my class but gained my composer and started to hit sub 2:00s and got my self back to 3rd in class just behind Patrick1. I managed to close the gap and the start of what can only be described as one of my best races to date on GT6.

Patrick was quicker over the first half the lap but I was quicker over the second half so a 24 lap game of cat and mouse began with my best moments of a overtake being ruled out due to the quicker GT1 class working there way past (twice) but on lap 24 Patrick went for his pit stop.

I carried on for a extra lap hoping this would pay off and it did was a tense 10 second drive down the pit lane waiting to see if it worked but it did.

I managed to hold a two second gap for a lap only to lose it in maggots because of my cold tyres and finished 3 seconds back at the end and a whole minute behind super Bart and just ahead of the closing GT1 class.

3rd in class 3rd in race il take it
Great racing guys.

These support races aren't official, so no biggie.

Well done to Bart for winning, the only time I saw him was when we both were in the pits, otherwise I think I had the opportunity to pass every GT3 car and all of you did great. 👍

Nice win in the GT1 Mika. 👍

20140222_111955.jpg

I was waiting to do some unorthodox stuff with the pit pause, but my tires started giving me fits and had to pit well before the final couple laps. :P

I was waiting to do some unorthodox stuff with the pit pause, but my tires started giving me fits and had to pit well before the final couple laps. :P
I went crazy and pitted on lap 10 never been on 2nd stint tires yet online. I had see what it was like made everything tight and felt tires had alot air and where hard till I knock them down to 8.

Was a great support race for me gained a lot of info about tyre/fuel and also my fellow GT3 runners.

I made a mistake after the start and dropped back to last in my class but gained my composer and started to hit sub 2:00s and got my self back to 3rd in class just behind Patrick1. I managed to close the gap and the start of what can only be described as one of my best races to date on GT6.

Patrick was quicker over the first half the lap but I was quicker over the second half so a 24 lap game of cat and mouse began with my best moments of a overtake being ruled out due to the quicker GT1 class working there way past (twice) but on lap 24 Patrick went for his pit stop.

I carried on for a extra lap hoping this would pay off and it did was a tense 10 second drive down the pit lane waiting to see if it worked but it did.

I managed to hold a two second gap for a lap only to lose it in maggots because of my cold tyres and finished 3 seconds back at the end and a whole minute behind super Bart and just ahead of the closing GT1 class.

3rd in class 3rd in race il take it
Great racing guys.

Yep thru Maggots and Becketts you were much quicker. I know what to do, but have spun there so many times, it has made me more conservative there. You would get to my bumper, then I could pull ahead. Lots of fun lap after lap @skyline1683 .

Paul, you should deduct 2 seconds from my time. If the timer starts when the "lollipop" goes up, I was 2 seconds too quick. I had foot on gas ready to go, had a big sneeze, foot hit gas and off I went. I was not sure if it was early or not. I took a look at the replay and it was a bit early.
You do get me laughing sometimes :lol: Thanks for the honesty, appreciated, you are a perfect example of the kind of people we love to race with! As this was unofficial, there won't be any penalties, but of course that's not to say anyone should do this on purpose! In the enduro, penalties of double the time skipped are applied so watch out for sneezes when your on your driver change! ;)

PS. Also wanted to say, very impressed with how well everyone did for the race start procedure. Went just about as perfect as it could have as far as I saw. Thanks for the excellent racing everyone, good job on the class wins Bart and Mika.

Traffic between classes behaved excellently from what I was involved with, so good work with that and looking forward to the next one later 👍:cheers:

You do get me laughing sometimes :lol: Thanks for the honesty, appreciated, you are a perfect example of the kind of people we love to race with! As this was unofficial, there won't be any penalties, but of course that's not to say anyone should do this on purpose! In the enduro, penalties of double the time skipped are applied so watch out for sneezes when your on your driver change! ;)
Yea I was scared about mine I gave it a few more seconds make sure I had it. I push start before I pull in box and soon I pull in I seen guy with stick and everything happans so fast. I just made sure I gave it little extra it happans so fast don't the time start soon u slide to a stop in the box.

Yea I was scared about mine I gave it a few more seconds make sure I had it. I push start before I pull in box and soon I pull in I seen guy with stick and everything happans so fast. I just made sure I gave it little extra it happans so fast don't the time start soon u slide to a stop in the box.
No you start counting after they've changed the tires and put in fuel, when the guy with the sign (lollipop) raises it to release you.

No you start counting after they've changed the tires and put in fuel, when the guy with the sign (lollipop) raises it to release you.
Yea happen so fast hard think I pulled in box at 20:09 and left 21:15 try make up for any mistake. i know I see guy with lollipop it says something I can't reamber then he turns it says 1st gear. Then after he take it away I start counting is that right wanna make sure.

Ps I recheck my replay on my pit stop and it was good I gave my self extra time. I got it right on the dot couldn't be closer.

Last edited:
As @oink83 said traffic management was great between classes,at no point did the GT1 guys put me under pressure to get past,was all done at the quickest safest opportunity and with minimal time lost to all looking forward to the main race now I know I will be competitive in my class.

That was a great experience for me, but I could see I would not have been ready to run in the GT1 for the whole enduro. My main goal was to take out as many GT3 cars as possible, but I always missed :P

At some point I thought I was closing in on Al, but it always turned out to be someone else (GT3 car 1 lap ahead of me). Very good pace, Al 👍 I spun a couple of times, but mostly kept in on track. Unlapped myself from Bart only 5 seconds before the end of the countdown :scared:

10 minutes to reg checks. Still missing a few guys so please join ASAP.

Update: Without connection issues, I should be able to make it to tomorrow's race. However, I do have to go out one hour before race start and I might not be home until approx. 15minutes after official start (considering I will be out for about an hour). Just giving the stewards and organizers a heads up.

It was an awesome race, though I wiped out in the first lap, going from 2nd to last. I bought a new car and tuned it back up right before the race.

And it was like I had never driven it before! I checked after and discovered I did not update the rear toe. Hopefully the next race will go a little smoother :cool:

If all went well. My livestream is viewable here.

Dang, it didn't take you long to learn how to stream on youtube! Clever fellow. :sly: Your stream looks great by the way... very nice quality.

PS> Yes, I'm not skiing... dang sun is too hot and all the snow is slush or gone :( I'll have to satisfy myself with a couple good mountain bike rides this weekend.

Update: Without connection issues, I should be able to make it to tomorrow's race. However, I do have to go out one hour before race start and I might not be home until approx. 15minutes after official start (considering I will be out for about an hour). Just giving the stewards and organizers a heads up.

Are you telling us you are going to 15 minutes late? If so, we need to give your spot to someone else.

Yea good race I ran both support races and gota alot seat time for tomorrow race. I keep geting better and better lap times car feel like a race car more handle good just need more speed.

Ps Congrats to mika on winning both GT1 support races he be guy watch out for tomorrow.

Dang, it didn't take you long to learn how to stream on youtube! Clever fellow. :sly: Your stream looks great by the way... very nice quality.
Thanks but I had a lesson from oink already some time ago.

Fun race, congrats Lucas and Mika.

Jammy, sorry about being in your way after I spun, I was trying to get out of the way, but I was too late... :guilty:

EWeinbauer, I was able to keep up to you for a while, but you had very good pace. I thought that pitting later than you would help, but it didn't unfortunately, even if I had a couple of pretty good laps in between our pit stops. 👍

I just saw smoke and didn't see which way you were going - i just have to pick one side and that was wrong one :)
Jammy, sorry about being in your way after I spun, I was trying to get out of the way, but I was too late.

I just saw smoke and didn't see which way you were going - i just have to pick one side and that was wrong one :)
Sorry about blocking you when I was dry. I definitely should have moved to the right hand side of the track, but thought about it too late, and didn't want to swerve, so just held my line and hoped you would go round. Again, apologies for that.
Thanks for another good race guys also thanks to paul for giving me two wins today. ;)
Don't get too cheeky :sly:

Was very interesting watching the live stream of the second support race.
So many different approaches taken by different racers watching a few of the GT3 guys and some of there lines and gear selection I can take in to the race tomorrow.

Can't believe @oink83 run out of fuel again was painful watching you crawl to the pits.

Back