GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - Fujissan Mixed Class Enduro - Jan 26/27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 293 comments
Lounge closed for Qualifying.

Will re-open when finished.

Great qually Frank 👍 very well done ;)

Last edited:
For some reason I got DCed with about twenty minutes to go. I'm happy with my performance in the practice, which included a fastest lap of 1:28.5xx (can't remember exactly), but I'd like to minimise any chance of this happening again in the actual race.

At the moment my PS3 has a bridged connection through my PC to the router (enabling me to use both at the same time), but I think I'll set it up to bypass the PC for the main event (I'll leave it as it is for the support races).

A little yell from myself would be in it its place here. That lovely Thrustmaster is paying off already !! First time I could keep it all togheter in a quali, even after just running a full practise :) I was able to reach my goal, big smile now on my face.

Thanks Jon and Stef for watching.

gm matthew
For some reason I got DCed with about twenty minutes to go. I'm happy with my performance in the practice, which included a fastest lap of 1:28.5xx (can't remember exactly), but I'd like to minimise any chance of this happening again in the actual race.

At the moment my PS3 has a bridged connection through my PC to the router (enabling me to use both at the same time), but I think I'll set it up to bypass the PC for the main event (I'll leave it as it is for the support races).

Read the WRS-OE Comprehensive Guide, it has some tips and tricks to help you out. Can't link it on phone.

Your best bet is to place the PS3 in your router's DMZ and connect it with a cable instead of wirelessly. When you plan to race in GT5 try to make sure the PS3 is the only device on the internet. GT5 is extremely picky (read: weak) when it comes to online playing and the best bet is to lessen the chance of any interference from other devices by just eliminating them from the loop altogether.

Here's the link Mohit suggested: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235296

Anyone around to qualify me in the next hour?

First time I've even had a chance to practise since the start of the qualifying window..

****Main Lounge Closed for Qualifying****
Please do not enter GTP_3D3Racing lounge until I update this message.

Lounge is open again. Nice run Wes. 👍

Last edited:
My PC is connected to the router using power line communication (PLC); it's pretty much the only way to get a wired connection since the router is downstairs and my PC is upstairs. In the past I had to keep swapping the cable between the PC and the PS3, but I recently bought a network card for the PC so that it can act as a bridge between the PS3 and the router so that I don't have to keep swapping cables (and I can use both at the same time).

It might be possible that the PC was responsible for a short blip that resulted in the DC, which can be prevented by bypassing the PC and connecting the PS3 directly to the PLC adapter. There's no question of moving the PS3 (there's nowhere else I can set up my DFGT), nor can I remove all other devices from the network since my mother is addicted to CastleVille (:yuck:) and it will be very hard to get her to stay away from it for 2½ hours. :grumpy:

Well, it's the best I can do. Even with the PC as a bridge, it's usually a pretty stable connection (DCs are quite rare).

****Lounge Closed for Qualifying****

Last edited:
****Lounge Closed for Qualifying****

Lounge is open again. Nice run Mohit!

Next Friday 25/01/2013 at 20.00 GMT we will run a full practise on Fuji. If intrested just paste and copy and add your name.

Friday 25/01/2013 20.00GMT - Full practise Fuji F

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT

Friday 25/01/2013 20.00GMT - Full practise Fuji F

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 75% I'm there, 20:00 GMT is a little bit early for me

Late to the party, and understand if we decide to limit to 16, leaving me on the outside looking in.

I did not think I would be home this weekend, but it turns out I will be, so I've just registered for GT class, and will build a tune and qualify this week.

Lounge is open, nice run BravoJon.

Last edited:

Lounge is open, nice run BravoJon.

Thanks again for doing that. I hope I made the cut.

Lounge opened again, nice run and great consistency Stef.👍

Last edited:
Switching my registration to GT class. Just attempted the LMP and I don't think I can get up to pace with it in time to qualify before the deadline tonight.

Just had to cancel my support race regos - turns out we're away with family that night (which kills my early morning).

I also apparently forgot to confirm for the enduro, so it presently looks like I might not be racing at all. I'll still try to Q for GT just in case.

Last edited:
I'm in the lobby for some practice. I may even squeeze in a quali for the LMP if I can get the darn thing under 1'32 :lol:

have to pull out of this, been having internet issues of late, I even get kicked out of my own lounge when practising so I dont see myself lasting an hour in a full lounge not to mention all the lag I get sometimes :grumpy:

Finally back from my travels and turned on the PS3 for the first time in 9 days!

Anyway, the LMP qualifying deadline came and went last night and here are the results:

enduro_fuji_lmp_qualifying_zps7610d498.png

Congratz to Bart on pole position.

As far as registrations and status of the field here is how we stand:

enduro_fuji_lmp_registrationupdate_zpseb0612d4.png

I don't see qualifying times in the document for Marc, Paul (Rock3t) or BravoJon. You can qualify "late" and be placed at the back of the field (just behind gooners and I :sly:) or you can update your registration (switch class, cancel, etc). If you don't qualify and *if* there are open spots on the grid Sunday you can run from the back. You can start from the back on Saturday also without a qualification time.

Wes and Ren have qualifications times, but are currently on reserve... if they confirm for the enduro before Saturday night they'll slot into their proper positions in the grid.

We need a few people who have a secondary class choice to finalize their chosen class in the next couple days.
  • Bart: I assume you are going to stick with LMP and I've updated your registration to reflect that (You are still welcome to run GT for a support race, this is just for the enduro).
  • BravoJon: Since you have a qualification time for GT and none for LMP I'm assuming you're running GT and not LMP and I've updated that entry as well.
  • JTV and Ren: You need to let me know by the end of GT qualifying (or preferably sooner) if you are sticking with LMP or shifting to the GT class.

Ren, based on your posts above you "forgot" to confirm? It's not too late to confirm if you want to race so you haven't yet forgotten... there is still time to remember. :dopey:

Thank you guys! Im very glad to have done a 28.1, which was my goal and not far off my personal best. Good job to everyone who put in a lap with the LMP. Trust me it isnt easy keeping your cool when you only have two laps.

I will be committed to the LMP for the main race, thanks for updating in the google docs Tim. If I will make one of the practice races, I will run the GT car. At the moment im not entirely sure ;)

Back