GTP WRS-Online : Special XIV - The America Cup - April 13/20/27

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 138 comments
i'm coming...
Trying to get in, but my PS3 is being worryingly slow. Might have to go out with the family before I get on track, at this rate.

EDIT: DC'ed after one lap. Haven't been DC'd for a long while, so I'm going to go out for breakfast with my family, and try to stay up to make the second practice.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Ran a few laps with the NASCAR, moving onto FGT Practice now in the 3D3 Main lounge.

Fun FGT practice guys. 👍 The car is a blast, but it's going to be chaos. Didn't even try the Comfort Softs today as the Comfort Hards had very good grip already. A couple entries and exits are real tricky and I need to tweak my tune and approach... The draft is crazy strong.

Would love to do this entire championship but doing a practice run of the 3 peaks challenge im doing this year on the 20th (Yorkshire 3 peaks, a mini version ;p). So unfortunately won't make this one :(!

I will however love to see some of the videos of the racing :)!

Would love to do this entire championship but doing a practice run of the 3 peaks challenge im doing this year on the 20th (Yorkshire 3 peaks, a mini version ;p). So unfortunately won't make this one :(!

I will however love to see some of the videos of the racing :)!

Yorkshire has 3 peaks? Are they just like foothills or something?

Haha just messin with ya mate :sly:

Going to spend about 75 minutes in the lounge with the FGT. :lol:

Yorkshire is flat ground? Right? Like in Finland we have "Pohjanmaa" which as flat as it can be. No hills no mounds just flat.

I've set up the lounge for Pacific cup and will run that for a while before switching.

Signed up. Reserve for Atlantic Cup as there is probably about a 10% chance of making it due to a baseball tournament. Should be okay for the other two.

Fun practice at Laguna today. I haven't tried the Nascar @ DRC combo (as I can't run that event), but the other two combos are a ton of tun. Twissy was saying the Challenger was made for Laguna and he's right.

Nice job matching these cars to tracks Shawn. 👍

The FGT @ IRC is going to be my favorite though. Crazy and fun action that should provide.

Opened up the lounge for FGT at Indy Road practise (I can't make the other races).

I just practiced for this event! Also, I had a go at this in practice mode and have been hitting high 1:26's ;D EDIT: With the 3D3 Main Lounge at Leguna Seca

A couple clarifications added to the details post for the Great Lakes Cup (FGT):
  • The start type has been change to Formation Lap w/Standing Start.*
  • You must start on the compound used to qualify.

*We'll have a tweaked procedure to get in your grid positions to prevent the issues experienced at Madrid last week.

What lap times are people running for the Nascars please

In the lounge for one more shot at the FGT before I leave on my trip. :sly:

EDIT: Out.

Last edited:
I have cancelled my registrations.... I will not have time to practise these events... therefore I think it is better to leave the spots to people who can....

Was breaking in and tuning the Charger today on Laguna Seca. Anyone else hate the way this car sounds? Honestly this thing sounds like a lawn tractor or any other small one or two cylinder governed motor like what would be on a generator or wood chipper. Horrible sounding motor!

Sark

Was breaking in and tuning the Charger today on Laguna Seca. Anyone else hate the way this car sounds? Honestly this thing sounds like a lawn tractor or any other small one or two cylinder governed motor like what would be on a generator or wood chipper. Horrible sounding motor!

Sark

I thought it sounded kinda like a time machine...at least what I imagine a time machine would sound like 💡

I thought it sounded kinda like a time machine...at least what I imagine a time machine would sound like 💡

It sounds absolutely nothing like the TARDIS!

And I just realized that I said "Charger" instead of "Challenger."

Sark

NOTICE

The specs for this weekend's race have been changed slightly.

The HP has been dropped from 850 to 848 (power limiter from 95.3% to 95.1%).

This is because the lounge limits don't allow you to restrict it to exactly 850hp.

The PP value stays at 651.

I ran some practice laps tonight and my best was 1'40.5xx, and I found it to be using 4.6L/lap, although with normal fuel rate, we can trust the game's fuel recommendations more than with the faster rates.

I should be down for some practice tomorrow night (~03:00 GMT / 8pm PDT).

I just canceled my entry. I'm already having trouble with the 30-ish lap Wednesday races and after practicing the NASCAR event there's just no way I can run these longer races. :(

I was looking forward to this series but my hands just won't take the abuse. Good luck, have fun.

Sark

Sarkazmo
I just canceled my entry. I'm already having trouble with the 30-ish lap Wednesday races and after practicing the NASCAR event there's just no way I can run these longer races. :(

I was looking forward to this series but my hands just won't take the abuse. Good luck, have fun.

Sark

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried lowering the FFB? It could help.

RLOD has just struck my PS3 :grumpy::(.

Ill change to reserve for Saturdays race, might be chance I can borrow the daughters for it.

NASCAR race should take about 1hrs and 25-30 min to run (i did one test run).

NASCAR race should take about 1hrs and 25-30 min to run (i did one test run).

What are your average lap times over a stint? The target race length was 75 minutes so that seems a bit long. I haven't done a single lap testing or otherwise so can't say myself.

Back