GTP WRS-Online : Special XIV - The America Cup - April 13/20/27

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 138 comments
Take look post #55 (by Gravitron). Same issue.

The FGT combo was different because we were not running the car at 100% power or minimum weight so we had specific targets for both and used max HP/Weight to enforce the regulations.

For this combo we are using max PP and no ballast. You can't achieve a higher power without adding illegal parts. It's no different than many weekly combos we've run where the max HP (at 100%) doesn't match a lounge max HP increment.

The specs are fine as they are and we'll use max PP to enforce them.

The FGT combo was different because we were not running the car at 100% power or minimum weight so we had specific targets for both and used max HP/Weight to enforce the regulations.

For this combo we are using max PP and no ballast. You can't achieve a higher power without adding illegal parts. It's no different than many weekly combos we've run where the max HP (at 100%) doesn't match a lounge max HP increment.

The specs are fine as they are and we'll use max PP to enforce them.

That issue with the lounge settings is so ridiculous.

Exactly. NASCAR and FGT were limited and needed to be set based on lounge restrictions and not PP. That's why the NASCAR event ended up being further restricted.

It was a slight oversight on my part. If lounge settings were less restrictive, it would be much better.

Opted out of the last race.

Need a break from GT5 for 3-4 weeks. Been running WRS straight for over a year. Hoping to return with more motivation and enjoyment.

I'll be bach :sly:.

Fair enough Mohit. I also mentioned it to Shawn in the stream, but I (somehow) totally forgot I'm going to Italy for 4 days over this weekend, so won't be able to attend the race at all even for streaming.

I'll be back in for next weeks racing on wednesday. Hope it's a great race for everyone involved, good luck!

Maybe be touch and go for tomorrow evening's race.. not sure if I'm heading of out as yet

Anyone up for a practice session tonight around 8 PM GMT?
Have to get some practice done, didn't have much time in the last few weeks.

EDIT: my Internet isn't working :grrrr:
Posting this from my phone, will have to switch to reserve, because it's unlikly that my ISP will fix the issue on a saturday. Let's hope for the best...

Last edited:
I was hoping the stars would align and I could make this final race, but it was not to be. My wife is running the Big Sur marathon tomorrow and is leaving today and I'll be keeping my two boys busy this afternoon. Tried to convince them watching me race for 75 minutes would be "cool", but they have other ideas. :lol:

Can't believe I missed all three of these events. Thanks for putting these together Shawn. They were all really fun combos.

Changing topics... the admins/stewards are considering doing a few more races or even a mini-series using the Formula GT at these specs in the future. Is there any interest in that? Wouldn't be until closer to fall even if it happens.

I just registered as a maybe. Breaking the car in at the moment, looking for a tune and I'll see afterwards in the lounge how much it takes to handle this car.
I still got a good three hours.

Found Paiano's tune for the Challenger.

Last edited:
WRS-OLpcup.png

Here are the series championship results.

event85p2_res_points.png

Ties were broken according to the details post. In all cases of a tie above the first tie breaker (highest finish) did the trick.

Changing topics... the admins/stewards are considering doing a few more races or even a mini-series using the Formula GT at these specs in the future. Is there any interest in that? Wouldn't be until closer to fall even if it happens.

I'm very interested. Can you bring up the possibility for different tires? To make the combos more approachable to everyone.

Sorry that I quit guys. Things weren't going particularly well and then when I almost backed into Speedy I decided I was better off stoping. Sorry Speedy, I was trying to get off the race surface and into the sand and it seemed like the car just rolled down the hill towards you as you approached. Probably should have just held the brakes but misjudged how quickly you would get there.

No problem Scott. I misjugded a bit as well, I thought you were getting up to speed again after a crash but when I came close I saw you were standing still facing the wrong direction. :scared:

Personnaly, I didn't do too bad being away from GT5 for so long. :sly:

Sad to see that there was only four who were in all three races :(
To me this last event was easiest after i got my setup done. It was nice and fun to drive at Laguna. Was very interesting race with Ren (again) :)

I was hoping the stars would align and I could make this final race, but it was not to be. My wife is running the Big Sur marathon tomorrow and is leaving today and I'll be keeping my two boys busy this afternoon. Tried to convince them watching me race for 75 minutes would be "cool", but they have other ideas. :lol:

Can't believe I missed all three of these events. Thanks for putting these together Shawn. They were all really fun combos.

Yeah I feel for you, I know you put in a lot of practice time, especially for the FGT. I was lucky to get to run that one event. It was a lot of fun, so I am very interested indeed in running a mini series of that. I would like to keep the multiple tire strategy.

I just registered as a maybe. Breaking the car in at the moment, looking for a tune and I'll see afterwards in the lounge how much it takes to handle this car.
I still got a good three hours.

Found Paiano's tune for the Challenger.

Good to have you back, Christophe!

No problem Scott. I misjugded a bit as well, I thought you were getting up to speed again after a crash but when I came close I saw you were standing still facing the wrong direction. :scared:

Personnaly, I didn't do too bad being away from GT5 for so long. :sly:

It is great to see you back!

Back