GTP WRS-Online : Special XIV - The America Cup - April 13/20/27

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 138 comments
Between 1:41-1:44
Edit: sorry i did two very long pit stop when i calculate my fuel that must be it. So race shoud take that 75 min.

Another NOTICE

• Please confirm your status at least 2 hours prior to the race (so, by 20:00 GMT). With 11 confirmed + 5 reserves at this point, it looks like we'll be using no-mics in GTP_3D3_A lounge. As always, watch this thread for any last-minute changes.

• During quali and the race, be careful not to abuse track boundaries, especially the Bus Stop. Our normal rules for track boundary abuse apply:
    WRP001
    Track Boundary Guidelines
    Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. We understand that mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if we observe a pattern of boundary abuse we will hand out penalties which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries.

It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.​

• Pit rules and cautions are the same as the February Enduro at this track:

WRP001
    Pit Road Entry and Exit Rules:

PitExit-RoadCourse-Daytona-Shrunk_zpsfebc4b8d.jpg

• Safe Pit Entry: Drivers must keep all four tires within the white lines on pit road entry and must avoid contact with walls. There is no specific speed limit on entry, but the driver may need to slow significantly in order to stay within the boundaries and avoid wall contact. If the boundaries are crossed or wall contact is made the driver can avoid penalty by lifting off the throttle completely for 2 seconds after the car is released from the pits to "self-penalize" otherwise a 10 second penalty will be incurred after the race.
      • At Daytona the system imposes an automatic pit penalty if a driver enters the pit too fast. Your responsible for understanding this limit or risk being held in the pits or if you enter way too fast having the AI drive right past your pit and getting a drive through penalty. Also, if you are going to pit be sure to drop down off the banked section early when approaching your pit, dive bombing from the banked section at the last second is not safe and could incur a 10 second penalty at the stewards discretion.
    • Safe Pit Exit: Drivers must keep all four tires within the white lines on pit road exit and cannot cross over to the racing line until after the white line has ended. As always, when exiting pit road the driver is responsible for a safe entry onto the racing line and must "yield" to oncoming traffic. Any incident resulting from an unsafe exit will result in a drive through penalty (30 secs) for the driver exiting the pits.
      • At Daytona drivers must use the small exit road when exiting the pits and may not exit directly into turn 1 or incur a 30 second penalty plus additional infractions if an incident results. See picture above.

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried lowering the FFB? It could help.

I don't use an XBox 360 controller for Windows with an adapter and I have the rumble turned off. My hands just start aching after too long and then I have to stop doing everything while they recover. The DS3 is actually worse because it's smaller so it's right out. Actually, with a wheel, it would probably more doable but I can't drop the cash for one at this time.

Sark

Is there anybody intrested in doing some practise or maybe there is a slight chance people would be intrested for a full race ? I am still online for a few hours so no problem if it is still to early, i can wait :)

if so, I am in the 3D3 Main lounge....

I've cancelled for tomorrow, can't race after all. I'll be there at the second race. Frank, if you want you can go register for reserve again or confirm 👍

I've cancelled for tomorrow, can't race after all. I'll be there at the second race. Frank, if you want you can go register for reserve again or confirm 👍

I was going to, after practise, but I might aswell do it now...

After few laps, just hit a mid 1.40 at Daytona. There are some tenths to catch here and there. Here is my (DS3) tune:

img1378dj.jpg

EDIT: Don't pay attention to my BB, I run 2/1 with abs off.

Thanky you Will, i used it on my wheel, and it was not bad either. did a 1.41.4 with youre tune.

Heading to the lounge for practice in about 20min. Feel free to join.

EDIT: Done now and watching F1 quali. Had the splits for a high 1'39, but couldn't stick it.

Last edited:
Going for some practice in lounge A if anyone wants to join

13 confirmed with 3 on reserve. 👍

Keep in mind that for the next 2+hrs the Academy will be going on in the main lounge.

For the Daytona race, we will use GTP_3D3_A, unless it looks like we definitely have 16 trying to race, in which case we'd need to use my lounge. I believe everyone signed up is on my friends list.

Decided I'll be streaming tonights race for kicks. I'll link it when its live.

PS. I have made the map full map view now (for all those fussy pots we have here (Tim)). 👍

I finally had to re-complete the registration form for the race tonight. I'll let you know asap if I can race or not. I'll be lucky to come back home at 22.00 UTC but i'm not sure yet.

Decided I'll be streaming tonights race for kicks. I'll link it when its live.

PS. I have made the map full map view now (for all those fussy pots we have here (Tim)). 👍

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the feed live. I've got company coming over about 30 minutes before the race. I might be able to review the saved video later.

Great racing! :cheers:

Congrats Wes, Twissy, and Mohit on the podiums. 👍

Had some fun laps with Jon near the end. :D

AtlanticCupResults_zps334d5a46.png

Thanks to Ren, Paul, Jon, and Tim for getting the results in quickly.

Congrats Wes! Close one with James over there :eek:.

A bit disappointed. Plan was to stick in the draft of the aliens, but that plan lasted all of 1 corner :lol:. Pretty lonely race after I worked my way back up, but a lot of fun (:cheers: Shaun!).

Congrats to the podium ones.
I like the car and the track. Good racing with Gravitron, Hassle, ASRacing and Ren :)

Congrats Wes, James and Mohit 👍 for the podiums and everyone for makong a great race.

Thanks all for waiting for me to join at the start.

Here is a few pictures not much time.

The pack
8648986972_209068eb57_z.jpg

Aussie challenge
8648986936_b49d7179d4_z.jpg

Mmmm M & M s
8648986878_aeb9759d88_z.jpg

Close finish
8648986846_fd87b3ffc0_z.jpg

Here are the points standing after one race in the championship:

event85p2_res_points.png

Note that the tie breaker rules for the overall points championship have been updated:

The America Cup Championship Points System

Tie Breakers:
  1. Best finish across all 3 races.
  2. Worst finish across all 3 races.
  3. Average finish across all 3 races.
  4. Finishing position in final race (Pacific Cup).

Back