GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Wow (the mileage).

Guys, please test your cars at Madrid. The lap limit is pretty easy to reach. It could be a lot like the Stowe and Suzuka races where people went too fast.

With an absolutely perfect lap I can barely get my Focus to the cap at Madrid, whereas London and Rome I'm about a second or so off, so there shouldn't be a repeat of last week.

Novice Championship

Well the Final 3 race's are here for the Novice Championship with the Novice cup, who will be the overall winner of the Championship, with around 15000 cr separating the top eight. Who is tempted to go for the bonus 10000 cr to catch the sly Celica who has quietly been collecting the prize credit or the Mean Green Neon Credit machine. With the last podium in the overall results up for grabs as Greek Nick's super Civic is out due to a love of some irrelevant racing event ;). Good luck to all :).

Novice Cup

Who is going to deny @mr_lab_rat the treble by knocking him off the top spot for the Novice Cup, or is he going to go all out to try and prove that multiple car's was the best option.

Note's:
  • These city tracks have barriers when you hit them it slows you down ;), please be careful if you touch a wall to not impede another driver.
  • There was a penalty last week for sandbagging, one track comes to mind in these three races please make sure you have the car set to run under the capped lap time's, if you find you have it set to fast and the race has started please be respectful and maybe slow to the back at a safe place, there is no rule regarding what you should do, but showing respect to others is the best way.
  • Wall riding is not allowed, normal WRS online rules apply. Excessive wall riding will result in a penalty or DQ.
  • Please have your cars set before the event starts. We will not wait for anyone who has not change'd there oil or has not got there car set up to there correct setting's.
  • Invisible driver check, when we change tracks the stewards are normally still inputting the results, please could drivers do there own invisible checks when the new track is selected so we could speed it up a bit if someone needs to re join, thankyou :).

Good luck and up to now there has been some great racing with everyone showing respect to other drivers and there cars :up: which has made running this worth while :).

Sorry Gents', probably won't be able to make it this afternoon :ouch: Have some boring life things that came up and need addressing... Anyways have fun and good luck guys!
:gtpflag:

I will be there from the beginning - let's see if I can hold up in my civic. Don't really expect me to do so - but as long as I have fun and can collect some credits for the next events...

I'm going to use my FTO again tonight, it's bang on the 1'03 mark at Madrid and 1.5 seconds off the pace at both London and Rome. So it'll be pretty safe and can drive with peace of mind, not having to worry about the caps. As long as I can stay in the top half of the championship table, I'll be happy :)

I'm going to use my FTO again tonight, it's bang on the 1'03 mark at Madrid and 1.5 seconds off the pace at both London and Rome. So it'll be pretty safe and can drive with peace of mind, not having to worry about the caps. As long as I can stay in the top half of the championship table, I'll be happy :)
Sounds like my quandry. I could buy my way toward a faster car at London/Rome, but considering I'm behind the curve at both tracks, and I wouldn't nearly earn back the cost of any car that I could possibly get closer to the times, I'll stick with the rolly-polly RX-7.

FTO buddies!

Oh yeah, I'll be there too.

After much testing and deliberation, I'm using a brand new S2000 99'. And will try to use it a lot from now on...
The CR-X will have to run the FF anyway.

I just couldn't reenter - I only got the network incompatibility error - I'll try once more for the 2nd race.
Hope it works then. Good Luck

Yeah, I was mad at myself for going too fast in qualification but I was thinking at least I can avoid the turn 1 carnage.

Do I re-enter the info of my car again?
No, only when you change to a new car. We already have you down with the FTO.

Good time today guys. 👍 I was a bit disappointed in the 2nd race when I thought I caused the lap 1 turn 1 carnage, but Jon told me that he braked too late due to looking at NEON closing fast in his rear-view. :lol: Was glad to see that Mike and Patrick were not overly affected by that error on our part.

Do I re-enter the info of my car again?
If you used the same car, no.

Edit - tree'd. I'm thinking I should have went with the RX-7 Infini III, but that was a bit more tail-happy than the GT-X.

Looks like @GTPCrispyOne got closest to any of the targets today with a 1:26.003 at Rome. 👍

Some of us went too fast in qualifying, which will shake up the results a bit. :ouch::embarrassed:

Back